Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
40 minutes ago, ramjet said:

So I cobbled these together from the internet thingy. I can't get the same colour in each so what you see is what you get.

Evora.jpgEmira 2.pngEvija 2.png

The silver colour shows the true lines much better than the black roofed ones

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Nice.

On the Emira, that high line swoop from the rear to under the middle of the windon, and the metal above the front wheel arch turns it from sports car to supercar looks.  Overall, the affect is startling. 

There were some mad machines at the show but this Emira can stand next to them.

If fact, this should have been the SF90 - I much prefer the Emira.  It is also nicer looking than the base Maccas in my opinion.

I ever think it just beats the new Artura on styling. Of course it can't match any of them in straight line speed but a race on the streets, b-roads or Brand Hatch Indy and there would little in it.

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Videos I took of the Emira on the first day of the Goodwood Festival of Speed on the 8th of July 2021.

• Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, pete said:

The silver colour shows the true lines much better than the black roofed ones

I went photo searching again and I could not find a silver Emira profile photo. I also tried to save a copy from the configurator (Yes! It worked finally!)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

22 minutes ago, ramjet said:

I went photo searching again and I could not find a silver Emira profile photo.

image.png.fd1df17ba878a8ef7e5b7e5785bc5f35.png

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Ah. I see what was meant now. I went looking for a silver profile photo of the Emira. but couldn't find one.

I agree that a lighter roof colour does seem to flow better from end to end.

I had to turn the green one 180 degrees and then resize to get them all a similar size. That is just about my image editing limit right there.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

2 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

Videos I took of the Emira on the first day of the Goodwood Festival of Speed on the 8th of July 2021.

Thanks for posting..  Glad to see the Emira on some wheels and not those awful 'fan blades' Lotus used at the Hethel Launch. I found them so awful I was distracted from looking at the lines of the car. Anybody else have that problem?

• Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

You are right. Those wheels are so ugly they dominate, and you cannot see the form of the Emira. Like a foghorn in a library.

Interesting what is said and done here, including those wheels...he says visually the car is not grounded because of the wheel design, and likens it to the car having "broken feet".

Edited by cobwatch

Strange, I love those wheels and I won't be the only one.

They make a statement all on their own - is that statement too strong and dilutes the rest of the beauty?

Nah, of course not. The car itself is epic. You could put 4 dustbin lids under the arches and it will great. It is just a superb package.

Those wheel ELEVATE the car - make it more of a supercar. It is the things that stand out that often make that difference.

Anyway, I always welcome opinions, even wrong ones. 😄

Action still from yesterday's "Lotus Moment" in front of Goodwood House - with the Emira (on "Design 1" silver rims) leaving the Evija "in its dust tracks"...

DK6A7485at.jpg

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

That colour is growing on me. I spent quite a bit of time with it yesterday. Video coming soon.

It looks flat and almost black in some light conditions but in the sun it looked fabulous.

Not usually a Shmee fan but really enjoyed this with Jenson at the wheel.  Sooo looking forward to seeing the Emira tomorrow at Goodwood.  And he is buying one!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Killed the lines for me, we had a chat with Mark from Lotus and the marketing dept specified the two colours at FOS. I get that as they need a new audience and some like a subtle shade. 

I personally just hope by the time they get the 4 pot production going I can have Military Grey with red leather 

the thing is @Evotion I have had a Lotus for over 20 years ( with a  small break) and I love the fact that everyone and I mean everyone from the factory is approachable, normal and actually interested in your view. Did you notice in the Ferrari part it was cordoned off? That is the difference you need to adjust to 

Enjoyable vid. Jenson has just massively promoted V6 sales! 

Jenson said the Evija only weighs "200kg more than this". That would put the V6 at 1480kg. Cat out of the bag?

Is that really nimbus grey? Looks much lighter than that on the configurator.

Edited by cobwatch
  • Like 1

Agree a great video and yes I understand Shmee is not everyone’s cup of tea but he will put the Emira into the into the public spotlight, probably more than than anyone on the planet which will obviously bring a big increase in sales. A great insight into the new Radford sounds like it’s going to be a very potent, Exige tub and lots more power, clad in Carbon, makes for a very special sports car.

55 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Killed the lines for me, we had a chat with Mark from Lotus and the marketing dept specified the two colours at FOS. I get that as they need a new audience and some like a subtle shade. 

I personally just hope by the time they get the 4 pot production going I can have Military Grey with red leather 

the thing is @Evotion I have had a Lotus for over 20 years ( with a  small break) and I love the fact that everyone and I mean everyone from the factory is approachable, normal and actually interested in your view. Did you notice in the Ferrari part it was cordoned off? That is the difference you need to adjust to 

You're right. I had a one-to-one with Matt Windle and a golden nugget of information which will be on my Emira update video tomorrow.

• Gold FFM

Is it just me or should the front splitter have some sort of mesh covering things?

1 hour ago, Nelly said:

Not usually a Shmee fan but really enjoyed this with Jenson at the wheel.  Sooo looking forward to seeing the Emira tomorrow at Goodwood.  And he is buying one!

Its obvious to me that Shmee hasn't been in a EVORA, so as an "influencer" this will be good for both the EMIRA sales and older V6 lotus cars