Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 46 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Anyone else surprised how quiet the Emira actually is? I mean, we knew that it was not possible to keep the noise levels of Evora and Co. But standing next to it being started made me a little bit sad. But I'm not sure if the valves were open. 

But its not just the Emira, also all the supercars like McLaren / Ferrari are much quieter compared to what I remember from my last visit to FOS before COVID.

Old news, I know... just thinking out loud. 

The Emira is definitely more quiet than we are used to on startup, but that's regulations for you, unfortunately.  They did sound good going up the hill when the valves were 100% open.

I'm not sure whether it is possible to select Sport or Race before starting the engine which could lead to a better startup noise?

What a pity everything seems to be dumbed down these days. I think a supercar or just a normal sports car should sound as good as it looks (says he with full Piper and Peco S/S systems on the M100's and a 2Bular back box on the Evora 👍)

My sister in law has an all electric Honda which is so quiet that as a safety feature  it plays the sound of an engine through a speaker to alert pedestrians that it is coming - so it could be worse !

It sounded good to Heiner and was loud enough for him. You can't really say it was lame from his recording as you don't know what the recording levels of his recording device were set to, however, if you were there in real life and you thought it was lame then that is all well and good.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I’d say fluid leak. You can see something being left on the track at 6:27. 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

53 minutes ago, Beady said:

ugly-

the red car with cream interior that everyone was sitting in - I sat in at the end of the day when the queues died down - the cream was already getting very discoloured presumably staining from everyone wearing jeans. Also both seats looked very ‘baggy’ -  like they had done 100k miles - from a quality point of view this is a real concern - not sure if that is a recent production car or an old test car.

Was it the Ice Grey leather? Or was there a cream option? I ordered Ice Grey so it’s a little disconcerting 

Ice Grey was always the one that will mark up worst.

Don't panic just yet. It may not be the finished article plus, who knows, it might have been a seat pounded by a machine 500,000 times 😀

If , in your early ownership, it really sags then I would say you are entitled to a re-trim.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Sagging seats has come up before on the forum. It would be nice to know how they are constructed and whether there is an issue as we don’t really want to be taking the car back under warranty 

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

Ice Grey was always the one that will mark up worst.

Don't panic just yet. It may not be the finished article plus, who knows, it might have been a seat pounded by a machine 500,000 times 😀

If , in your early ownership, it really sags then I would say you are entitled to a re-trim.

Yes Ice grey

construction and property consultants : My company

58 minutes ago, tailslides said:

I am not worried about the smoke but I want a switch to make mine sound like that 😎

I've got that on mine. It's called the SPORT button 

• Haha 1