Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 50 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

I dont actually disagree with him though. Short term they might well trade above list for those that refuse to wait. But I think they will depreciate fairly hard after a year or so and long term I don’t seem them ageing as well as the Evora for example which has a more minimalist, analogue interior. All the tacked on screens will age badly. Look at a Merc interior from 5 years ago, the screens look awful. 

Edited by Wake

• Gold FFM

The 4c has a very strong audience to be fair. Alfisti have been waiting for a RWD sports car from Alfa for a long time and the handling can be sorted. Add in the fact that it's affordable and has a carbon tub and it's a really special and rare thing. Coming from an Alfa background I get it completely.

The Emira is in a different position, however, Lotus tend to hold their value. It'll be interesting to see how many are actually sold in the end but as you say total figures are unlikely to ever get huge due to the limit of Lotus output as much as anything.

• Like 1

Sorry if Jay reads this but I stopped watching jays videos, I got fed up of the click bait titles.

From other replies I take it he mentioned “oversupply” of the emira. This is actually one of my genuine concerns.
But something that might point against that risk is how the M2 and GR Yaris have held their own even after a substantial number have been built. I’m also half expecting to see a price hike on new Emira’s once production gets rolling.

But… to counter again.. I also fully expect them to bring out more highly tuned versions pretty soon too. Possibly/probably making the first editions the sad, underpowered, early adopter cars.. 🤔

they need to get them built soon, I’m thinking too much 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

I think the FE residuals will also depend on the base edition price; which I really cannot see being sub £60K.  Put 10% on it and fully loaded for £72k makes vanilla for £66k look expensive 

Well, the only thing that is certain about the future and future values, is that it is uncertain. If depreciation is your main concern, don't buy new!

If so, buyin used Lotus is in my limited experience a strong buy!  Bought a Esprit SE and sold it 3 year later for more than I bought it... Even my Evora S cannot be bought cheaper than I bought it! Prices where down a few thousands after buying,  but have recovered since.. So if I would sell today, I would not have lost one penney with a Lotus ever! ;-))) jajaja sample size etc.. still pretty good for a sports car!

• Like 2
For the few who know the difference

There was some sort of falling out with JayEmm and Lotus while he had his Evora and he’s been pretty salty about it ever since, he generally makes good videos though and is worth watching in my opinion but does occasionally come across as a bit of a Diva.

great job @AK70 - If I’d have been able to keep hold of my Evora it would be worth quite a bit more than I paid for it too!  It’s current owner is quids in that’s for sure!

The Emira suits the diamond cut wheel so much more than the black wheel. I still think that with Magma, the Black pack and dark interior is the way to go though👍

• Gold FFM

All of the lighter colours show all of the car off.

The DV car needs the viewer to keep looking, to move around the car to see everything that is going on. In the right light, it shows up some of the features, but not everything.

Mystique.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)