Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 65 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

• 1 month later...

Emira formation down under

• Like 2

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

And the Nimbus at the front appears to be on non-stock rims 

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If the owner is on here please IM @mayevora who, iirc, is a driving instructor. For a suitable fee he will be able to teach you to park so you don't get labelled a dick, or worse, an Audi driver.

FB_IMG_1706344065966.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH 😂

Nothing that can’t be sorted out in a couple of lessons I’m sure. 😜

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Let's see if the owner, owns up lol

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

If I saw it parked like that I would specific park my car with the passengers door as absolutely as close to the drivers door as possible, just to make a point.

Remember the old saying, "Two dicks make it right".

There is absolutely no reason to park, like a twat, like that.

• Like 1

The small print.

48 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I would specific park my car with the passengers door as absolutely as close to the drivers door as possible, just to make a point.

48 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

There is absolutely no reason to park, like a twat, like that.

:thumbup: :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

USA CARB states, I would imagine - still not certified there...... Non-CARB states cars have started being delivered to dealers but still can't be sold until CARB certification happens....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

There is a few on the forum if you look deeply.  I can honestly say after hearing the doomsayers talk about IPS (Auto) I didn't even consider it until I got so pissed off with Lotus I had to try and I was then blown away by it.  I know it may not be the best in class, and yes it may not be a track warriors car, but for everyday use it it all round brilliant and I'm very happy.  I can take my Elise on track when I want the manual and track blast.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I've got 718 Cayman GTS now. Yes, PDK is so fast, but not in city traffic. It needs rev up to 4000RPM to get some torque. I'm seriously considering buying a Lotus Emira. First of all, as a daily driving car, but also sometimes with some track days. In my experience of driving different cars, the automatic transmission is very comfortable for daily driving and very slow when go to the track. But there are also exceptions. For example, I had a Subaru BRZ with AT from LFA and I can say that it was quite fast and this is the best option for city/track mode. I also tried driving a BMW M4 (G82) and the automatic transmission is excellent! How about an automatic transmission on a Lotus?

The auto transmission on a Emira is called IPS.  It isn't as fast as a PDK or DSG by others so puts off regular track drivers.  It is also only a 6 speed and not 8 or whatever.  However I haven't had on track and don't intend to so suits me.  I have had limited time so far in paddles mode and none on the gear change 'lever' in manual mode but what I did have seemed great.  I've only just cleared the 1000 mile running in period keeping under 4K RPM so not really representative.  Not had a good chance due to shitty weather to really light her up yet.  When in Sport mode in auto it does do a nice blip on down changes and it was holding revs much higher in traffic rather than changing up like in Tour.  It also has a Launch Control mode that the Manual doesn't have but not had a play with that yet.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

17 hours ago, Al said:

There is a few on the forum if you look deeply.  I can honestly say after hearing the doomsayers talk about IPS (Auto) I didn't even consider it until I got so pissed off with Lotus I had to try and I was then blown away by it.  I know it may not be the best in class, and yes it may not be a track warriors car, but for everyday use it it all round brilliant and I'm very happy.  I can take my Elise on track when I want the manual and track blast.

I've been shouting about how good it is for years after numerous IoM trips when @Colin P had his lovely MSG Evora with IPS over there.

Eventually people listen and come around lol....

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
On 31/01/2024 at 15:44, Boba said:

Can somebody share test-drive video of V3.5 AT? All I could find only MT or 2.0 DCT

Here’s a US-based manual/auto V6 comparison :

• Like 2

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)