Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delivery schedule - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Delivery schedule

Abgreenbank

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

It seems odd they've started contacting the 6 July onwards deposit holders this week but not contacted the pre-reveal deposit holders, who have earlier deposits and hence should be getting delivery earlier than June.

Has anyone else with a pre 6 July deposit heard anything?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

delivery dealer choice or direct from factory.

I've only collected cars from the dealership previously, I think I've read a few of you collected cars from hethel before right? What does direct from the factory entail, is it cheaper, do you get to see any goodies like the production line, the design room they've shown in harry's videos? Any previous experience info would be good

• Like 1

I've also just had my call from Lotus this afternoon confirming a June delivery date :), as noted above, details of finance, delivery and trade in will be confirmed in January along with hopefully test driving slots with dealers but she did say May which seems a bit late. I put my order in the 7th July for the V6 (my spec below)

image.png.8657f820d8e11f04baf910d2bd8818fb.png

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, KJD said:

Anyone else with a pre-reveal deposit wondering why we’re not getting a call when posties are?

Yes. I’ve been exchanging messages with Lotus contacts today.  It’s because they still haven’t sorted out their systems to record original dealer deposit date properly.  It’s been done for some dealers but not others, so is a mess.  Calls are being done in “deposit date” order but for me it looks like it’ll be the date Lotus converted my dealer deposit.

I’ve been assured (again) that I’m near the front of the queue and my original date will be honoured, but still no official call or confirmation of what “near” means.  I’d previously been told first 50 or 100.

I assume we’re all going to be June, including the early pre-revealers.  So not “spring” and not actually being open about the (minor) delay. 

35 minutes ago, Cathalm said:

I had a deposit down with B&C long before reveal and I had the call today. Also June. When I asked where I was in the queue she told me right at the front. Seems like first deliveries are in June so that's the best we can do. 

Exciting stuff now and starting to feel real. 

When was your original deposit?  I’m B&C early deposit too (April).

• Gold FFM

I was going with Meteorological Spring, which was what the Lotus factory staff were talking about at all the roadshows, ie March/April/May

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/learn-about/weather/seasons/spring/when-does-spring-start

I was still being told May delivery three weeks ago.  Fine if there's a delay, just be open about it.  We all know supply chains are a mess and staff are off isolating or working from home again.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bibs said:

Most recently under JMG there was an option to collect from the factory, it was my idea they put into place! 

Any previous iterations will be just that now though. The factory has changed massively and is still changing so I'd imagine that the exact plans for this are still being formulated. I would however think that it will be commonplace and a great experience once it's up and running :)

There was a factory tour etc and an option to go on track too, I'm sure they're all ideas which will be put into the mix so it will be a fantastic day out and even better drive home in your new car :D

It’s a great initiative that I took up when I collected my 400. It brings you into the Lotus fold.

• Like 2

Umm, so that is one month added - at least. 

I can live with that. Indeed, actually better for me but I don't want to see any more of the summer eaten into.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Deliveries will start Wednesday 

7AD7319C-356C-4BF8-AEFF-EC77F4F61AC8.jpeg.7b2b624e2cc0e3cf563c33878a9b8af1.jpeg

So Barry do you have any information for the U.S.

21 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Back in 2015, I think Russell Gibbons offered me a quick cup of tea and a custard cream in the club house, then grabbed someone off the production line to sync my phone and sent me on my way.

Do you know what, I'd love that level of service - not corporate, but personal. 

18 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

@bruchion please ignore almost anything I might post - I’m normally half cut.

And the rest of the time he's away with the chickens!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I’m resigned to the fact I won’t get an i4 until March/April 23 at the earliest. If i was offered one autumn/winter next year I’d turn it down anyway as it just wouldn’t get any use until the following spring.

Future wish list - Exige V6