Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delivery schedule - Page 4 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Delivery schedule

Abgreenbank

27 minutes ago, Kebob said:

Also waiting to see green in the wild, as well as the production interior in other colors. Namely tan.  And while we’re at it, production wheels. Unclear if the diamond cut wheels have a gloss or flat finish. 

Excited nonetheless! 

Indeed… come on lotus show me the green already!!

does anyone have any insight - when the dealer demo cars finally arrive (May?) will these all be v6 or will there also be i4?

construction and property consultants : My company

With the millions in deposits and millions more Geely capital I’d hope they can afford a project manager!!

Mind you I’d have hoped they could afford a comms manager too and that doesn’t appear to have panned out.

perhaps they’ve put all resources into a wing and a prayer manager instead?! 🙄

• Like 1

My uneducated guess is that a fair amount of their attention is focused on the next series of electrified cars -- including the upcoming, likely much better selling, SUV.  IMO it's a waste of resources to have two engines and three transmission - I'd rather them simply nail the V6.  Understood they have to go I4 for emissions reasons, though.

10 minutes ago, Kebob said:

Understood they have to go I4 for emissions reasons, though.

They also promised that it would be 'cheap'  - relatively speaking. That helped add something  to the launch  .

I believe i read somewhere (think it was the Oz launch materials) that the LE Emira V6 will be 400bhp.  Is that correct or were my eyes/brain frazzled at the time?

Thanks

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@C8RKH Not frazzled at all but don't have to look that far away as it’s on Lotus site

Emira spec detail for V6 Supercharged 

3.5 litre | 400 hp | 420 Nm

Target performance *:
180 mph | 4.3s 0-60 mph | 243 g/km CO2

Ah, I should have checked. Apologies @MJON for my tardiness but last time I looked on there, there was no detail re power.  Thanks very much for the response.

So the next release after the FE in the V6 line-up will be a 430, probably the S, for sure. I'm willing to bet a Big Mac on it :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The calls for those slated to get a car in June 2022 have stopped.

It was my belief that the July deliveries were to be called. No idea if that is happening or not.

Lotus have been quiet thus far in 2022 so am expecting lots of information in their upcoming January update. 

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

You're right, calls appear to have stopped despite people being told they'd be continuing in Jan for the July 2022 onwards deliveries.  Big update coming (I believe w/c 24th) which should cover a load of stuff.

On 10/01/2022 at 18:54, Kebob said:

My uneducated guess is that a fair amount of their attention is focused on the next series of electrified cars -- including the upcoming, likely much better selling, SUV.  IMO it's a waste of resources to have two engines and three transmission - I'd rather them simply nail the V6.  Understood they have to go I4 for emissions reasons, though.

Pretty sure the i4 will effectively replace the V6 with time. Cars being sold later in the 2020' will be i4's

I've not had a call yet... deposit July 8th

I'm hoping Louts have realised its best to release more info before approaching the subsequent delivery groups... which would be better from a customer perspective, and will make the calls quicker as it will stop me/us asking them loads of questions on the call (well maybe a few less anyway!! 😁)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'm hoping that's the case too.  The December 3rd round calls about June delivery set a load of hares running, both with the other people who weren't called and with those who were contacted but whose questions couldn't be answered.  This big update coming in two weeks needs to cover those and provide the info we've been expecting.

• Like 1

On 17/12/2021 at 16:09, Emiralust said:

Just had my call, I'm 7th July around 3pm deposit

Two key points from my call were that the 3rd deposit we thought was coming in January is not happening (might still change), and the order only becomes nonrefundable when you sign the contract which is 30 days before delivery. IE if you are 29th June delivery, you can still cancel up to 29th May.

Apparently a few of us have asked about factory collection 😅 So they have put that forward to the powers at be and it's possible it might be an option

Of course I asked where I was in the queue, and she said along the lines of they are not giving out queue positions or dates to avoid upset or expectations etc. Which I can understand, they're still saying you're one of the first cars, I think that's just a nicety of big picture you're in the first 30 days, relax.

I asked to add a tracker and potentially change my alloy colour. She said that's fine and the process is she will speak to the factory planner and relay back whether the spec amendment will cause a delay then the decision is mine whether to make that change.

Received this email today following the June est delivery phonecall I received on 17th December

I was going to stick with changing the alloy type depending on when it’s confirmed which style the diamond cut alloy was (blue show car or shanghai yellow car) as there is ambiguity on that at the moment. Because of this, on the call it was said I will still have the option to confirm the change once the factory let the customer care representative and myself know any delay impact my changes might have, following which I could decide whether to confirm the change or not.

Email reads as though my changes are just going through since there was no delay and without my confirmation and it’s locked in, changing this will now cause a delay 😂 i’m ok with it but would have been nice to have the changes written in the email. 

Be careful when you’re asked if you want to make a minor change because they made it seem like it wasn’t the final say but it is.

D5F91E94-DFD1-4A9A-974B-A936F1BEC945.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Emiralust said:

D5F91E94-DFD1-4A9A-974B-A936F1BEC945.png

I received exactly the same email myself this morning. I was a bit surprised re the locked in part given the lack of certainty around certain things.

They seem to make up the rules about when a configuration is locked in/or not. There should be a deadline date.

I have never received anything like that.

I don't yet know if I can make any changes to the car and not lose my place.

Lotus may well have the answers to all of this in the coming weeks.

I guess the tricky thing for Lotus is to manage is the segmentation and staggered nature of deposits, and sheer numbers.

This really doesn't fill me with confidence!!

Lotus "we'd like you to lock in your choice of wheels please"

Customer "ok, what is the diamond finish like - gloss black or matt gray?"

Lotus "we don't know"

Customer "hmmmm. how am I supposed to choose then?"

Lotus "thanks. your changes are locked in now. please note, if you request another change the factory may explode."

• Like 1

Let's hope they have some finished car examples for us - with different wheels shown on them.

We know that this is not going to happen any time soon. 

When they really hook this all up I would like to  believe that wheels will be on the 'up to the last month' change allowance and the lock-in now stuff is transmission, interior trim and black pack.