Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Period Pictures - Page 8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Period Pictures

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 17/12/2023 at 00:21, drdoom said:

. . . and my formerly owned, forever loved 1964 Elan

263626.jpg

That's a hell of a starter motor upgrade. 

Love the front bumper by the way, uber sharp and clean looking.

On 22/12/2023 at 14:13, Bibs said:

Mansell's first go in an F1 car - Type 79.

image.jpeg

I see the gaffer tape is already out, breaking it that quickly was a super effort, even for Mansell, who was known to be hard on his machinery iirc.

13 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

So I was probably right! 😂

Probably, but not necessarily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@Gjk previous post said it was US code but based in Germany. Other than that, no idea.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I deleted that post @C8RKH as after posting, thought it was a bit too obvious. Interesting fact, I guess just because of the country of reg the aircraft doesn’t have to “live” there. Could be a good tax dodge? 🤷‍♂️

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

@Gjk Photo is here: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11010226 and says it was taken in Germany. Plane ownership details here: https://www.aviationdb.com/Aviation/Aircraft/4/N414BW.shtm

Could well be a tax dodge. Every one seems to be dodging these days lol...

The small print.

On 01/01/2024 at 04:10, Gjk said:

I guess just because of the country of reg the aircraft doesn’t have to “live” there. Could be a good tax dodge? 🤷‍♂️

It is normally for licensing reasons, rather than tax reasons. It is less onerous to get (and maintain) a licence under the FAA system (rather than the EASA or CAA systems). 

• Gold FFM

Would that not make maintenance a problem as the MRO facility would need the correct license and all parts would have to come with a 8130-3 release?

I dunno. I presume that there are plenty of FAA approved MROs in Europe. 

I have never owned an N reg aircraft. Or, any aircraft for that matter! I just drive ‘em. 😉

• Gold FFM

I totally agree @Bravo73. I just don’t understand why you would keep a American registration in Europe? I can’t get my head around why a MRO facility that’s geared up for “puddle hoppers” would go to such lengths to get FAA approval as the aircraft type wasn’t really designed for transatlantic flight.

Am I, 1. overthinking this or 2. missing something? 🧐

Could be to do with the aircraft's ownership/financing. Although the owner is German-based (Kai Nieklausen), the Cirium fleet database shows the "trust owner" as a US company: Sky West Aviation Inc. There are plenty of 414s on the German reg, so it is unlikely to be cert related. Although transferring assets between different registers can be problematic.

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

18 hours ago, Gjk said:

I just don’t understand why you would keep an American registration in Europe?

I’ve already told you - it is for licensing purposes. It is easier (and cheaper) to get, then maintain, a US/FAA flying licence. 

17 hours ago, Jack Stone said:

Could be to do with the aircraft's ownership/financing. Although the owner is German-based (Kai Nieklausen), the Cirium fleet database shows the "trust owner" as a US company: Sky West Aviation Inc. 

N reg aircraft have to be owned by an American entity. Hence the use of US based trusts. 

The actual owner(s) will be based in Germany. 

Anyway, do all of these posts about owning and operating N reg aircraft require a thread of their own? 🤔

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...