Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 5 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
26 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

I saw it reported earlier, that 600 people were dead already. 450 Russian soldiers and 150 Ukraine civilians.

I'd heard 150 Ukrainian soldiers and 48 civilians. But as someone said the numbers will hardly be reliable for justifiable reasons. I think it is clear the Ukrainians are not just going to roll over so Putin could be in for years of unrest and disruption and terrorist activity. 

18 minutes ago, TdM said:

It does seem that there have been a lot of casualties. Unfortunately, as usual, numbers are very unreliable in these situations and each side proclaims unrealistic numbers. I think everyone agree that any was far too many.

Look, nobody is going to be able to stop the invasion of Ukraine now, it's just not going to happen, the West will only interfere if Russia step foot into a NATO country. However, I do believe they should push further on sanctions and I think they should definitely rescind all international participation for Russia. Yes the Eurovision song contest and the 2026 world cup etc. it should all be instantly cancelled, Russia out of the UN, Russia out of any sporting body or competition. Remove them from Swift.

They should be isolated as much as possible. Yes, they will have China to some extent, yes it will have an economic impact, but, honestly this pussy footing by the West is exactly why Putin feels he can do what he likes. We all stand 'united' behind not doing much.

Spot on. The fence needs to be removed from the arses of our politicians and they need to stop worrying about their own gravy train and do the right thing.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

'm surprised there's not been a lot of comment on the remarks of a local-to-me politician, whose suggestion reminds me of a certain "We have peace in our time" approach  https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/clive-lewis-calls-for-negotiations-with-russia-8716086 . I don't like this guy's policies on most things but that one really has wound me up.

11 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I see that the Government has now banned Aeroflot from UK airspace.
Come on Boris, think it through: how on earth will the Man Utd team get to their next game at Leicester City?

Utd have dumped Aeroflot.

What have Chelsea done?

5 hours ago, basalte said:

There must be a lot of eye-rolling at this thread by now but it does seem to me that France and Germany are relatively united in their reaction (love or hate it ) and we are not . How is this a male testicular organ ?  Your relentless mission to blame the EU (and once again I emphasise that I am not their biggest fan) , seems to ignore that insurmountable fact.     

I'm not sure about that United approach. As i understand things it was Germany and Italy that are objecting to ejecting Russia from the SWIFT banking system. That would have severe and immediate financial impact as they could not be paid for oil and gas. All other sanctions are relatively slow to have impact.

7 hours ago, Escape said:

THIS

Plenty to discuss without getting personal, just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

or use the power of the “ignore” button. 

It’s a superpower to trump all other superpowers! 👍

No, he just "trumps" a lot apparently.....

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Situation not helped by having a PM with no foresight ...   Brexshit, Covid and this ...

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Sorry @phil flash but that was a cheap crass shot - yup, Boris missed it, and so did every other freakin' leader in the west. Why oh why do you people keep friggin' harping on about Brexit. Get over it, for gods sake and stop using it as the excuse for everything.

Blaming any PM, even if what was say Corbyn, for not seeing COVID coming or a land invasion in Europe and being prepared. Well fcuk me, you must the smug git with the crystal ball who can foresee everything! Show me any leader and government anywhere in the world that was ready for COVID and a land war in Europe

• Like 1

The small print.

Tobias Elwood, Conservative MP and Chairman of the Common Defence Select Committee didn't miss it. He does 'his homework', unlike Johnson.   

Russian tanks into Georgia in 2008, 2014 seized Crimea, supported rebels Russian Soldiers and weapons in the Donbas.  If Johnson hadn't been partying and taking donations from the Russians he might have been more objective and seen it coming. He even put a Russian in the House of Lords! 

Remember Johnson was on TV at the start of Covid saying "we should all take it on the chin" ... wise words of advice?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

And IF Boris had seen this coming - the WHAT exactly do you think he could possibly have done to make a difference?  Tobias certainly hasn’t achieved anything of any substance has he.

Only here once

30 minutes ago, phil flash said:

Tobias Elwood, Conservative MP and Chairman of the Common Defence Select Committee didn't miss it. He does 'his homework', unlike Johnson.   

Russian tanks into Georgia in 2008, 2014 seized Crimea, supported rebels Russian Soldiers and weapons in the Donbas.  If Johnson hadn't been partying and taking donations from the Russians he might have been more objective and seen it coming. He even put a Russian in the House of Lords! 

Remember Johnson was on TV at the start of Covid saying "we should all take it on the chin" ... wise words of advice?

Yawn Phil.  What do you think the security forces do? Army Special intelligence. MI5. MI6. Oh sorry, it was all the fault of one man who "missed it", the PM?

Christ, what shite.  Sometimes people cannot see beyond their own noses, hatred and prejudice and just have spout off like this. What are the tough decisions you need to make every day that affect the lives of millions? And, if you think you could do better, rather than just throwing cheap stones get into politics, get elected, and show us how it should be done mate.

It's at times like this we need to rise above petty party politics, even Starmer and Raynor get that. 

The small print.

5 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

What have Chelsea done?

Well to be fair they haven't beaten Spurs this week, although I've yet to check on how many players they have on loan at Burnley.....

COYS 

• Haha 1

Dave.

Putin needs to be Put Down now!  And one man shouldn't have $200 billion dollars period.  Some companies are valued at that amount, but one person should not possess this amount.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.