Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 27 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

While I'd certainly not make light of the war in Ukraine, the news recently said that the Russian occupied nuclear power station nearly had a meltdown as it had been cut off from the power grid and couldn't maintain function of it's cooling systems. Erm, it's a power station. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I think some things get buggered up in translation. I have seen other articles where the English doesn’t make sense. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Power stations will have enough back up power to maintain all safety systems in the event of grid failure. Whether it be emergency diesel generator or gas turbine generators. But they can also be taken out if the so called 'protectors' are so inclined to do so. However that would be an act of suicide!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

• Love 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Even for Putin these claims must be beyond his own belief.

Apparently there was no ‘special military operation’, he was just helping the Ukrainian people, although he now refers to it as a war. Plus Russia has lost nothing, so he regards 20’+ troops being killed as “nothing”

I’d also love to hear his account as to how he was democratically elected.

https://news.sky.com/story/vladimir-putin-claims-russia-hasnt-lost-anything-in-ukraine-war-and-didnt-start-military-operations-12691800

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12692091

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

What a complete twat!

Unfortunately, he is the twat in charge. Mind you, his eventual replacement may be worse.

Gee, if we keep talking like this we’ll end up getting banned from entering Russia for life. What will we do?

To any Russians monitoring TLF, “Suffer in your jocks!!!!!”

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

Gee, if we keep talking like this we’ll end up getting banned from entering Russia for life. What will we do?

I have very good memories of doing Ladoga Trophy (4 times), even if a large part was spent stuck in a swamp. I'd love to go back there and have been building a car to participate for a few years now, but it seems unlikely we'll ever get a chance again. I know this is just a detail that doesn't matter in the broader picture, it does show this war will have negative consequences all over the spectrum.

Last week I had a chat with a driver from the company next door. I thought he was Romanian like most of his colleagues, but he's actually Ukrainian. He had a holiday coming up, but couldn't (realistically, anything is possible of course) go home to visit his (grand)parents. A very sobering chat, he spoke very highly of their president and was glad to get so much encouragement throughout Europe.

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

FFS just do it & stop trying to announce to the world how great you are 😠

Covert operations are far more effective that sharing your plans with the enemy

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-latest-updates-putin-threatens-to-cut-gas-supply-to-europe-for-good-12541713

Ignore the headline in the link, Sky News quite often forget to edit the link headline when writing new stories

• Gold FFM

There was always going to be media/social media coverage of troop movements and attacks. I suspect they knew this but aimed to cut off supply and reinforcement speed to the south so that mission integrity was less essential. They then used noise about this as cover for a secondary front on the harder to cut off North. Seems to have worked.

Of course commanders would face suspected something was up other than reported as you don't go around announcing loudly where you are about to attack without good reason, but they have to try to cover the announced region or they will look like prize plums when you get stream rolled on a front that was announced and had obvious heavy military build up.

• Gold FFM

There is still so much for them to do to win this though. The resolve of the Ukrainians is admirable.

The Russians have still taken over a thick swathe of Ukraine.

The video I posted above - I think the people falling off the tank were shot - there are 3 Ukranian soldiers this side of the road if you look closely - so 3 soldiers (and a tree) took out a tank.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

So a tank and undoubtedly more soldiers than were on the side of the road, lose three soldiers while they are legging it and keep going and just leave their comrades?
Nice.

I doubt the tree did much damage to the tank, but it is quite funny. 

I'm encouraged by their recognition that they do not have the local (Ukranian) people on their idealogical side, and that this can't be defeated by the tools that they have (as scary as the implication of that is) and so to continue with the war is folly.  However, it's the references to the Nazi regime that continue (and which are unchallenged) in this interview which continue to be the concern.  It's from this, that the Russian resolve will continue because they believe it to be true; if the Russian people can be shown and/or realise they are fighting whispers in that regard, then and only then, I think the war would end.

• Gold FFM

Our news tonight said that Putin has said no to attending the Queen's funeral.

As far as I am concerned, he should not have even received an invite.

Political correctness be buggered. 😠

• Like 1