Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ukraine - Page 39 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ukraine

LotusLeftLotusRight

Was it a special aerial operation then? 😛 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Prigozhin's death seems a little too easy and convenient to me. It does however seem that a way out for him that may have been offered by Putin was to nip to Belarus for a while, keep his head down then fake his death in a few weeks while he slips away to somewhere distant to enjoy retirement. Either that or death would have been on the table and I can't see him just cancelling his mutiny knowing that it only gave him a few weeks before a balcony and long fall was his immediate future, he might as well carried on with it and seen how it played out if getting killed was the solid other alternative. Someone in his position surely would be a little more cautious than flying about on known plans when he knows Putin would be gunning for him. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

@Bibs these people live ina world where they believe the normal rules, and other rules, just do not apply to him. He probably thought he was too big to fall.

What will be more interesting to watch is whether this facilitates "break away" separatists splitting away from Moscow. This, and the Ukrainian drone strikes on Moscow, and the incursion into Crimea, will now be making the "special operation" very visible within Russia.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

According to BBC World Service this morning Russia has just cancelled a major training exercise, the suspected reason is a lack of available troops and equipment to make the exercise viable.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 27/08/2023 at 18:22, Bibs said:

Prigozhin's death seems a little too easy and convenient to me.

Maybe he was promised a deal to end the rebellion, but Putin changed his mind afterwards? Which makes it more of a warning for others rather than a possibly inspiring martyr's death.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Well, they've both met their maker.  Allegedly.  In both cases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Slightly off-topic, but occurring at the same time as all of this was the lunar landing.

The 77 year old lead scientist was admitted to hospital suffering chest pain etc.

Well several weeks later, he has died of mushroom poisoning.

Has collected mushrooms every Summer, so let's say since he was 25, 52 years without any mishap and then after the lunar failure, he dies of mushroom poisoning.

Sure he did. Maybe his tears obscured his vision.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

2 hours ago, ramjet said:

Has collected mushrooms every Summer, so let's say since he was 25, 52 years without any mishap and then after the lunar failure, he dies of mushroom poisoning.

Sure he did. Maybe his tears obscured his vision.

He chose the Novachok mushrooms?  These are not the shrooms you're looking for.

• Haha 2

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

Question:

So if you are in charge of something in Russia. It either does not go well or it fails. You either fall out of a window from a height, or you mysteriously die of poisoning, or your plane loses a wing.

At what point does Putin look in a mirror and go 'You have not done well. You are an embarrassment to the Motherland." and order his own poisoning?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/craighooper/2023/09/13/why-ukraines-strike-on-sebastopol-naval-infrastructure-is-a-big-deal/

Interesting read but at least Putin has got his North Korean buddy over for KFC and to negotiate buying back some 100 year old guns and bullets from them for a ropey satellite which will probably crash!! 

I'm sure I just read that he got the hump to that the UK has downgraded Russia to no longer a threat after how poor a show their military has made of itself. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The Go Pro definitely brings the war to our devices.  The Ukrainian soldiers are incredibly brave and strong fighters.  It does help to broadcast that the war is indeed still very active.  The words "a democracy if we can keep it" is always at the back of mind when I see this footage. 

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• 2 months later...

I've now heard that the Ukrainians are running out of ammo and the US is getting jittery about supplying more? Meanwhile the Russians are just plodding away. NOT GOOD

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

1 minute ago, red vtec said:

I've now heard that the Ukrainians are running out of ammo and the US is getting jittery about supplying more? Meanwhile the Russians are just plodding away. NOT GOOD

As an American, I am embarrassed and alarmed by the Republican party doing all that's possible to delay funding for Ukraine.  Protecting democracies across the world is the US most important job.  Of course, it's the MAGA Republicans who recently attempted a coup so their interests in democracy have weakened substantially.  It is my hope that justice will be served up to the responsible individuals for the hate and misinformation that led to Jan. 6th's brutal assault on the Capitol.  It is my belief that once justice has been served to these individuals, faith in democracy can be restored.  It could be a long road for restoration though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1