Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 20 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Keep the latter. It will only go up. Even if you just SORN it. I am looking at an R8 N/A Manual SPyder myself. It has reached the bottom of its depreciation curve IMHO.

A lot of people have been brought back onside with the latter 3rd party reviews of The Emira all but wiping out the memory of the EVO track video review.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

3 hours ago, hamza said:

Its a good point about the look. I quite like the GT versions of the Cayman (in looks) personally but I wouldn't say its in the same league as the Emira (in looks).

In that regard perhaps it should also be compared to something like an Aston or a Jag F type? Sure the Aston will be a lot more money and the Jag is probably a lot heavier but as you quite rightly point out, the average buyer doesn't select cars on the basis of specs like kerb weight or power to weight ratio. They wouldn't even care about lap times if journalists and marketing departments weren't constantly stuffing them down our throats.

On the basis of looks a think a lot of people would take it as an alternative to an Aston or a Jag and quite frankly that demographic really won't care about the finer points of its driving dynamics.

The single biggest thing going for the Emira is that it looks like at  £200k car but costs £75k or less. The last car that did something like that which I can think of is the BMW i8. Not sure how much of a sales success that was for BMW but it was certainly well thought of by non enthusiast sports car drivers.

I couldn't agree more. I thought this morning that the F Type might be more of a competitor. That's another good looking car.

3 hours ago, Steve K said:

I’ve got a verdant green, tan interior, silver wheeled, touring spec turning up in July hopefully. I’ve had a couple of Porsches before and I test drove the main rival Cayman GTS 4.0 manual when it came out and didn’t pull the trigger because the gearing is just way too long. It goes to 80 mph in 2nd so you’re generally short shifting and there’s little torque at the bottom end.  I actually preferred the 4 cylinder GTS to drive but that sounds like a hairdryer.

Hence the Emira which looks way better and is British! I was bit disheartened by the early reviews but the recent ones have got me excited again and I can’t wait for it to turn up.  It’s going to sit alongside my beloved R8 V10 manual for a bit but might end up replacing it……… 

Lovely colour combination.

My mate has a BRG Elise s2 with full tan leather and dark silver wheels and it looks beautiful.

Not jealous....not jealous......not jealous

Nope, it's not working. I am jealous!!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good review, not having driven the Emira, but having had several 911 and still driving a 981S for the last 7 Years, I am sure it will be tough to beat Porsche's reliability, performance in the twisties, and cultural following (after all I am German, albeit living in the states for the last 25 Years). I still have my order in for the 718 GTS4.0 to replace my aging 981, however, I also ordered the Emira as mentioned before, more or less on looks and specification alone, hoping reliability issues are a thing of the past. As much as I love the handling of my car, I have to admit the styling is getting old. Not much besides little facelifts, which some see as being great and shows Porsche sticking to it's roots. I'm certainly in for something else, more exciting, and the Emira seem to tick all the right boxes. In the end it's not always numbers and single picked out comparisons, it's also about gut feeling, longing for something new and exotic and I'm looking forward to the next agonizing 12 to 18 month of wait....

• Like 2

EVO Replies

Jethro responds to accusations of bias and favouritism towards Porsche and their 'good but not great' review of the Emira. A little tongue in cheek but an interesting conclusion.....

PXL_20220702_203821097.MP.jpg

On 23/06/2022 at 01:37, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

There’s an “8 speed auto” for the V6 Emira claims top motoring journalist Andrew Frankel in that Motor Sport article. Good luck with specifying that option.

8 speed auto?! Since when did Lotus upgrade the auto V6 to the Aisin 8 speed unit? They are still advertising the 6 speed auto on the website. The 8 speed auto would make sense for low emissions and perceived "hightechness" compared to the 6 speed but this is pretty late in the game for 1st edition auto takers. Switching to the 8 speed would open a lot more torque at the top end...

On 02/07/2022 at 21:47, hedgerley said:

Jethro responds to accusations of bias and favouritism towards Porsche and their 'good but not great' review of the Emira. A little tongue in cheek but an interesting conclusion.....

And further publishes his blind love for them...

https://evo.co.uk/porsche/204940/it-was-as-if-jesus-himself-had-blessed-porsche-with-a-new-suspension-system

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

And actually - as Harry M says, you can use the engine on the road and it sounds good - the Cayman 4.0 you have to rev to get the noise and power, and thats not easy of the road..

• Like 2

On 05/07/2022 at 12:49, Speedluvver said:

And actually - as Harry M says, you can use the engine on the road and it sounds good - the Cayman 4.0 you have to rev to get the noise and power, and thats not easy of the road..

I agree, that’s why I didn’t get a cayman GTS 4.0 you’re doing 80 in 2nd before you get the best bit

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...