Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 19 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Another motorsport/motoring location under threat due to NIMBY's.

Please take the 2 minutes it takes to click and sign at no cost. Thanks.

https://www.change.org/p/save-perranporth-motoring-events?redirect=false

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Signed, even though I don't really know the track.

• Thanks 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 08/08/2023 at 18:43, exeterjeep said:

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/activists-destroy-tyres-on-dozens-of-suvs-at-dealership-as-act-of-retaliation-for-girls-deaths/288009

Happened here in Exeter...

More than 60 SUVs at a Jaguar dealership in Exeter had their tyres destroyed by activists yesterday in an ‘act of retaliation’ following the deaths of two girls who were killed in a crash at a school.

I really do wish that the media would have the balls to report things correctly. These people were not activists they were holograms who were committing criminal damage and should serve at least 7 years behind bars.

But they won’t because of 2 reasons

1: the mis-reporting by the media gives them a platform to justify their actions

2: our magistrates who are utterly useless and now serve no purpose in our society due to the ridiculously lenient sentences that they hand out

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

2: our magistrates who are utterly useless and now serve no purpose in our society due to the ridiculously lenient sentences that they hand out

I did think the ones on the Dartmouth Crossing (if I recalled that correctly) got some juicy sentences, so some of the judges/magistrates are clued up.

I do agree though that this criminal damage is obscene, I just hope no one gets injured or worse by driving with a flat/several flat tyres without realising what has happened. If someone gets killed (driver or innocent person) then it should be treated as murder and the these tw@ts who let the tyres down should be tried for murder as their actions were premeditated and the consequences obvious.

By all means protest and use your voice and free speech. But the right to protest does not include the right to damage or disrupt.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I was thinking about something this morning.

Where do they keep the helmet for people to wear when they hire one of these LIME bikes which have popped up all over the place?

Well I saw a person riding one on the way home tonight and the answer appears to be that they don't keep a helmet with each bike. I suppose it would be a bit hard to have a one size fits all.

The law in Victoria is that helmets are compulsory when riding a bike.

Maybe the bright lime green on the bike makes cars, trucks, buses etc miss the rider completely and maybe the bikes are crash proof in some way?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I think if hiring a bike or e-scooter, one is required by law to BYO helmets. There used to be a hiring service through 7-Eleven I think, not sure if it still exists.

Those things are a right royal PITA IMO, people leave them everywhere and block footpaths etc, a problem which is exacerbated by the scourge of phone zombies not looking where they’re going!

• Like 1

Just what the hell is going on in the UK. These twats who were in the street, and called for the "acts" on Social Media should be rounded up and beaten with batons!  Utter entitled scum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66459233

• Confused 1

The small print.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Just what the hell is going on in the UK. These twats who were in the street, and called for the "acts" on Social Media should be rounded up and beaten with batons!  Utter entitled scum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66459233

It’s almost a copy of what happened in NY, after some moron posted on social media that he was giving away free PlayStations.

• Sad 1

Margate Exotics.

One for @Sparky :)

WTF is the point in an on-line check-in for airlines in Africa - yes, I'm looking at you KQ and P0. 

Reminded about this by an email and in the App for KQ - states do your check-in inline to avoid the queues, so I do it, download all the boarding passes, send each one of the family their one.

Get to the airport - have to queue to check-in - AND HAVE ANOTHER BOARDING PASS PRINTED :wallbash:

This wasn't really an issue in Zambia as the queues were not very large (for an aircraft with 29 seats :))

However, this really pissed me off in NBO as they actually had a "Bag Drop - Web Check-in desk" - oh no, sorry you have to queue. 2 hours later, checked in and had to rush to the aircraft as already boarding - so no duty free.

LHR on departure - I had printed all our boarding passes, one from LHR-NBO, and one NBO-LUN, so only transiting at NBO - no visa required. On check-in - again no bag drop (T4), presumably to check for visas. Boarding passes not printed as the check-in desk satisfied we had already printed them. F**k me, at the gate, the chap I went to wanted a printed boarding pass, and "where is your visa.", what an arse - another :wallbash:

• Gold FFM

Can't speak for the Africans (would've expected better from KQ), but all I can say about LHR is that's what you get when you devolve IT to India.  Shambles.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I asked while in Zambia - and the printing off the boarding cards is for accountability - 10 printed, 10 bits torn off, so I can understand that. Spoke to a chap at LHR while waiting for our bags, he is Kenyan, lives in the UK, travels regularly between then two and said he has never known such a shambles at JKIA, normally no queue.

There were 4 desks open, but 2 were taken up by large families (5-10 in each) - that had jumped the queue (by KQ staff) as they arrived after us. Each one took about an hour to check in - as everyone had 2 bags plus carry-on and were just milling around. When we finally got the the front of the queue, took us 5 mins max to check the bags in and get our printed boarding card.

The other annoying thing about JKIA - on arrival no signs for where the car hire companies are. We were with Hertz. There is nothing, and no one seemed to know other than pointing in a vague direction. They, along with Europcar, are hidden away on the ground floor of the the multi story car park about a 15 min walk arrivals. I think I was the only booking that day - certainly at 6am when we arrived, wouldn't have been hard for them to come to arrivals with a sign - this is what we had in Zambia by the local company we hired from.

How the fook is this the fault of the U.K. Govt as the loonie union official claims in this article. It happened just off the coast of France

https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-one-person-dead-and-dozens-rescued-as-migrant-boat-crossing-channel-capsizes-12938447

• Like 2

If they are stupid enough to enter one of the busiest shipping lanes in a small boat in the dark they have  only themselves to blame no one else. I've no sympathy. Of course all the bloody dogooders will be out in force now blaming the government as usual.

Edited by NAC63
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

How the fook is this the fault of the U.K. Govt as the loonie union official claims in this article. It happened just off the coast of France

https://news.sky.com/story/at-least-one-person-dead-and-dozens-rescued-as-migrant-boat-crossing-channel-capsizes-12938447

“Head of bargaining at the Public and Commercial Services union, Paul O'Connor said: "There is a readily available policy to prevent this tragic loss of life.”

Head of bargaining? WTF is that? And yet he fails to enlighten us as to what form this silver bullet policy might take. It’s just the usual old clap-trap from some mouthpiece who’s idea of a solution is to blame the government.

Margate Exotics.

Labour have now said the government must act now to stop this but no mention of how 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

5 hours ago, pete said:

Labour have now said the government must act now to stop this but no mention of how 

I’m sure that they will get the chance to show how good they are in 17 months time.
For anyone who thinks this lot are bad (& they are) and Labour are the answer, let’s see what you think after 12 months of the country being run by Basil Brush and Barbie Doll. 

• Haha 1

So we live down a single track road. Currently they are working on the road to repair the potholes so access is restricted. Both ends of the road have signs up. One end says that access to the cattery is maintained. The other end has a sign saying that to access the cattery to follow the diversion which takes you to the other end.

Two customers yesterday got lost. Both young. One was in tears. They were saying they followed the diversion and it took them back to where they started. What they were actually doing was initially following the diversion and then following their satnav. 

We came to the conclusion that the yound people of today simply follow the technology in the car and don't read road signs or in fact the road ahead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Hope you gave them a look of a real map, OS maps are great. We have a real map book in the car.

Think following a satnav is now part of the driving test.

Sometimes delivery drivers just follow their satnav to our place, end up on a private road or in our back field. Have had parcels left on top or beside gates, one time they drove down our garden from the back field to our house. 

• Haha 1

@oneshot I live in a small village and one of the two access roads is currently closed as the Council are trying to put a drain in as every winter (well, summer too this year), that road turns into a river as water rushes off the hill on to it. So signs are up with bollards saying road is closed, follow diversion, which is around 3 miles and takes 10 minutes.

Tractor crop sprayer comes up last night - decides the road closure doesn't apply to him so he moves the signs and bollards and decides to proceed. Get's about 30m in and there is a huge trench about 3 foot deep and a metre wide across the road. The clueless fecker of a farmer (well farmers son who contracts) than needs to back up gingerly and reverse out into a road, within metres of a sharp right hand bend so he can see nothing, and cars coming down the hill won't see him till they hit. What a useless tw@t.

Cherry on the cake, he just drives off leaving the road "now open" as he couldn't be arsed to put the bollards and signs back. I wonder if someone had had an accident would he have been liable?

Anyways, saw him today in another tractor, flagged him down, told him he was a complete winker who didn't have the brain power of the single sperm that impregnated his mother, and asked him what was he thinking off. He just stared at me blankly, I think, totally confused that someone would actually tackle him about his doucheness.... Young people today are, often, just brainless, non thinking morons.

The small print.

Sounds like he needs a bigger tractor so he isn't stopped by a puny ditch. 😁

In similar fashion, yesterday we drove to a nature park for a walk with our dog (on a leash, of course 😉 ). I wanted to park close to the village center as that's where the trail starts. There was a detour, due to some festivities the weekend before. So I start following the deviation, until we came across one sing that pointed the wrong way into a one way street... I hesitated as we were close by, but decided to use the map to drive all the way 'round and ended up parking in that very street, in the correct direction. After a nice walk we stopped for a drink and a bite at the same junction. 2 guys, possibly working on the clean up, moved the barrier and the sign, partly blocking the street and removing any confusion about which way to follow. As we sat there enjoying a well deserved cold one, several cars, 2 tractors and a truck ignored the one way and squeezed past the barrier. 🙄 

• Sad 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 08/08/2023 at 19:23, C8RKH said:

The car had nothing to do with it - it was just an object.

Further to this incident, I went into the JLR dealer today, they said that around 60 cars were damaged most had 4 tyres damaged a few had 5 (eg Defender with spare) , they targeted the 4wd cars, diesel/petrol /electric, the only ones that seemed to escape were some 2wd Jags. And the lady involved in Wimbledon had some sort of medical episode/seizure, so could have been any car/van.

Thanks @exeterjeep for the follow-up.  So the people who trashed those cars committed straight forward vandalism and criminal damage. I'd find them. Beat them. Tar and feather them and then make them repay every penny for the damage. Scum. Pure scum.

A tragic accident by the sound of it. Contrary to many people these days, I do believe that accidents can happen, and do happen.

• Like 1

The small print.