Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 35 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Premier Inn offered a refund and a complimentary stay.

However, the pair said the recompense was not enough.

What would they like? That sounds more than fair with what you've stated and a broken lift is just one of those things, it can affect anyone at any time, it's not planned or expected. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Exactly @Bibs. It's not as if they obviously do not care as they have the accessible rooms to book, they have a help line etc etc.

I'm at a loss as to why the BBC have allowed Premier Inn (and joined in on it) to be lambasted here when they've actually done all they could have been expected to do.

It just typifies for me the "entitled" nature of many people in this country. Whether it is non-disabled people who park in disabled spots (usually because they're fat, lazy and selfish), or people who just litter everywhere, don't pick up their dog shite, or just expect to walk into a pub, have meals and drinks, and run off without paying. What is happening to our society? How have we let this happen?

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Premier Inn said in a statement: "When a guest books an accessible room, this automatically triggers a pre-stay call to make sure the room booked is the most suitable for them.

"However, we understand some people with accessibility issues on occasion do prefer to book our standard rooms.

"Where this is the case we have an accessible email helpline, which again helps ensure the room allocated is the best fit for individual needs.

"In this instance for example, we would have prioritised this booking as a ground floor room so that in rare event an issue with the lift did arise, access would not have caused a problem."

In response, Challis said it should not be up to her to contact the email helpline and bookings should be simplified so wheelchair users can book a ground floor room.

Hold on a minute - from the report she didn't tell them that she was in a wheelchair, so how the f**k was the Premier Inn to know she needed a ground floor room unless she contacts them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Hold on a minute - from the report she didn't tell them that she was in a wheelchair, so how the f**k was the Premier Inn to know she needed a ground floor room unless she contacts them.

Exactly! Hence why I was so pissed off by the "news story".  The BBC should have been more balanced in its reporting as this makes out Premier Inn couldn't give a shit, when in fact, they could.

They've been great when I needed an "accessible room" for my mother (I told them in advance as it seemed like the sensible thing to do) and my wife is Gluten intolerant so they ALWAYS take her breakfast order and cook the food fresh and separate from everything else for her. They've been brilliant.

This 19 year old and her Dad need to take a long hard look in the mirror, it wasn't Premier Inn's fault and to turn down their, very generous in my opinion, offer of a free night and a full refund is just unbelievable. What more could they possibly want? 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Some years ago, we had 2 (nearly) blind colleagues at work. They couldn't have been more different.

The one was always apologetic when he needed to ask for help, which all of us would gladly offer. One of his big embarrassments was not being able to get himself a cup of coffee. He could move to the coffee corner just fine, but when they changed the machine to one with a touch screen, he could no longer make himself a cup. On the old machine, we had put a tactile label on the button for his favorite coffee, worked a treat. He was one of the nicest, and most knowledge, people I have worked with.

The other one was an entitled tw@t. He was on the disability board and always actively looking for reasons to complain, even if everyone was trying to see to his needs. As often, his kind is much more vocal in their opinions and the media is happy to go along, like in this story. The world has gone mad...

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

10 hours ago, TAR said:

fake outrage :) 

I'm not faking it!      🤣

1 hour ago, Escape said:

we had put a tactile label on the button for his favorite coffee, worked a treat

What a great thing to do. Simple. Easy. Meant he did not feel "embarrassed" or a burden constantly having to ask. Nice one.

The other one sounds like a right twat, but we've all met people like that in the workplace, blind or not, who just want to cause trouble and complain about everything, mostly, I suspect, because they want to be important!

The small print.

think tar was referring to the Premier Inn customer?  They are probably after a few million in compensation to set them up for life.

4 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

think tar was referring to the Premier Inn customer?

I knew that, hence the smiley face! 😉

4 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

They are probably after a few million in compensation to set them up for life

All they should be entitled to is a free course in common sense. That'll set them up for life.

The small print.

I do feel empathy for people with disabilities. It can be a constant battle when people don't consider your basic needs. 

14 hours ago, Escape said:

when they changed the machine to one with a touch screen, he could no longer make himself a cup.

The company could have considered this and made sure the machine was accessible. The guy shouldn't be disadvantaged through no fault of his own.  Now imagine the number of times that person is impacted in their life by their disability and the thoughtlessness of others and you may have a different perspective. :) 

It's getting there......

Indeed, often it is the little things that have a big impact, like the touchscreen on the coffee machine (the machines on all floors were changed, touchscreen would have looked more modern or possibly been cheaper, I'm sure no one considered access issues). Some more focus needs to be on these little things, instead of big projects that mostly benefit the ego of the ones who come up with it.

And yes, of course I sympathised with my colleague. It was terrible seeing how much he disliked having to ask for help, even though we were all happy to oblige. He even resorted to getting a bigger mug so he could get a double cup and not have to ask so often. So letting the coffee go cold...

This perspective makes the story about Premier Inn even harder to swallow. 😞

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

My ‘Kin Clutch going again! 🤬

Early finish for Xmas it is then.

96k but Only 2 years old. 

IMG_9814.jpeg

• Sad 3

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Junior doctors………….now approaching their 26th day of strikes (unless I heard I wrong).

So poor that they can afford to throw away a month’s pay through strike action! :wallbash::2guns:

3 hours ago, PaulCP said:

So poor that they can afford to throw away a month’s pay through strike action!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11938477/Militant-leader-28-junior-doctors-strike-ex-public-schoolboy.html

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Well, it's official or at least as far as our local supermarket is concerned - Christmas is over, as they've now got these on display in the 'Seasonal' aisle, :rolleyes: .

cremeeggs.jpg.865de7b37b055a78bb0c66d6d34b9ea1.jpg

The Spar shop in the next village from us has mini eggs and creme eggs on sale from the 1st December. I was a tad shocked.

However, just back from a trip down to Englandshire to hook up with my "kids" - they decided they wanted a Domino's take out last night!

"Got in Himmel" - or so the shocked Geeeerman troops used to say in my "Commando" books back then, how can you justify those costs for a Pizza!  I mean, a large Pizza was like £22. £22 for something that probably cost them no more than £1.25 to prepare and cook. That's a hell of a profit margin.

If this is what people in Englandshire "eat" on a regular basis, no wonder they are always whining and whinging about being skint.  Cost us £45 to feed three, and we even had to go and get it.

The small print.

Apparently that was the "specials price" - still an absolute rip off and to be honest, probably one of the worst tasting pizza's I have ever had. The base was like play-doh. Yuck.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

They put 50% vouchers through my door all the time; I still wouldn't.  Unmitigated shite.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Sharpening a few drill bits today and the wet grinder developed a noise. I investigated (with screwdriver, spanner and hammers. I ended up breaking the stone, the single most important part off it. The actual problem was a £2 bearing but now it has bigger problems. Perhaps I should have used a smaller hammer.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I really should give that another go in 24, sharpening drill bits. I've tried it on the grinder and even bought a (cheap) machine, but never had much success.