Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 14 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

I wonder if Lotus would tell us if they have type approval for the UK Emira? If they are producing LHD’s and delivering them ahead of all UK earlier ‘priority’ orders and the comments above are correct, that dealer demos are having to go through the IVA process individually, it must mean that they have failed to get type approval so far - it cannot be parts. I was told that completely new models had to be type approved before July 2022 or they would have to have ADAS fitted. If they are having to do late stage re-engineering for ADAS or any other issues thrown up through Type Approval it would explain the continued delays. If that is the case and Lotus would honestly tell us so, then the stuttering delays would be more understandable. BIB’s could a question be asked?

• Like 1

I was on the phone to customer services last week where they were offering me a car in the November delivery group “similar spec to mine”. Turns out the only thing that was common was it was a v6 manual with privacy glass deleted…..

Anyway, the lady said we’d all be getting an update email in the next 48hours. Was this true or was it sporadic? I didn’t get one. 

• Sad 1

I had my call from customer services earlier.  They tell me that I can now expect my car in January, when pressed they did concede that it is still subject to change, so I won't be getting my hopes up.  To be completely honest, as it's taken this long I'd rather it was delayed until March.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yep. That appears to be the case.

Had my call today. Dec build, Jan delivery. 23 Jun ‘21 deposit.

Wondering what the post-reveal depositor who’s getting his car this Friday did to deserve it.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

I know of at least 15 people with pre-reveal deposits (some TWO YEARS before) who have been delayed to build month 3.

Meanwhile people with post-reveal deposits and similar/identical specs are getting builds in the first 25 and in month 1 and 2.  It makes no sense.

15 hours ago, TomE said:

Meanwhile people with post-reveal deposits and similar/identical specs are getting builds in the first 25 and in month 1 and 2.  It makes no sense.

Yeah, I was told it is purely down to parts availability. I have no idea if this is tyres, black bits, certain interiors, wheels, calipers, whatever.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Evotion said:

Yeah, I was told it is purely down to parts availability. I have no idea if this is tyres, black bits, certain interiors, wheels, calipers, whatever.

I don't believe that's the full reason.  The parts needed to build my spec were available to build an identical spec car and several similar spec cars for people further down the list.

13 hours ago, Woodman said:

Not sure I buy that its just parts availability given they can build LHD cars.

And RHD cars for Australia.

I'm surprised the dealerships who took the deposits for the pre revealers haven't stuck their necks out to sort this out. Surely they have some pull on this, it's pretty embarrassing for them ultimately and jeopardizes very long serving customer relationships. If I was at B&C for Tom I'd be livid. I think this is the single most telling thing about the ethos at the head office now. Busy and complicated or not, that only needed a conversation between senior management to fix, and there is no way they aren't aware of the problem to their most loyal customers.

• Thanks 1

Notwithstanding the established dealers/agents haven’t been able to supply a single new Lotus car to a customer for the best part of a year. Did they get paid up front for each Emira order, or only after receipt of each full customer payment?

The dealers will not have received anything. I have an order in, but not nominated a dealer.

Regarding type approval. The UK type approval requires EU type approval FIRST, then the UK approval can be applied for. Complete madness. Why on earth the UK cannot just be part of the EU process (even post Brexit) makes no sense at all. 

8 hours ago, Emiralust said:

I'm surprised the dealerships who took the deposits for the pre revealers haven't stuck their necks out to sort this out. Surely they have some pull on this, it's pretty embarrassing for them ultimately and jeopardizes very long serving customer relationships. If I was at B&C for Tom I'd be livid. I think this is the single most telling thing about the ethos at the head office now. Busy and complicated or not, that only needed a conversation between senior management to fix, and there is no way they aren't aware of the problem to their most loyal customers.

But if certain spec parts are not available they will make what they can. They are not just going to sit on their hands waiting for a black wheel for one car when they can build one with silver wheels and get it out the door. All car makers do this. I once ordered a car in a specific colour and the build date kept getting put back, I changed the colour on the order and it was built straight away.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomE said:

I don't believe that's the full reason.  The parts needed to build my spec were available to build an identical spec car and several similar spec cars for people further down the list.

And RHD cars for Australia.

Australia has different type approval

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emiralust said:

Sorry Greg but we're talking about different things. Pre reveal deposits with dealerships have not been entered on the lotus order system in front of the website orders. Meaning people who pre ordered months and even years in advanced have January deliveries whilst the first website orders are being delivered this week. Which is wrong in my opinion and what I refer to

Were those not all cancelled / refunded and then converted to regular orders ?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, gregs24 said:

Were those not all cancelled / refunded and then converted to regular orders ?

Kind of.  Lotus asked us to place new orders via the central system, get a refund from the dealer for the original deposit and give them the reference number for the central one.  Dealers then provided lists to Lotus of all their pre-reveal deposits and associated dates and central reference numbers, so Lotus could update the central system with the original date.

It was done wrong several times and affected things like what sequence we got comms and invitations to submit spec/pay second deposit.  We’ve been repeatedly assured by Lotus it’s been sorted but this is probably further evidence that it wasn’t.

What’s odd is some pre-reveal folks are clearly in the first batch and some clearly are not.  So the errors are random.  I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve discussed this with Scott Walker and Customer Care.  There appears to be no interest in fixing it or providing an explanation.