Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 19 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

It says power supply and USB port but it's a USB port and a USB-C port. Power supplies in cars I'm sure you'll agree and big holes that cigarette lighters used to go in. 

They've even got the universal logo for USB right above them with a 1 and 2. The clues are right there. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Emiralust said:

Checked Lotus customer care's delivery numbers today and was given the scheduled deliveries for December and January.

End of December 130 cars

End of January another 170 cars

Total 300 cars by end of January. Knowing that we should be able to keep an eye as to how on target they are. You would assume these schedules would have made up our estimated delivery emails recently received. 

I'd heard these figures in early Oct but they look optimistic now.  I've only seen 15-20 UK customer cars delivered so far and it was supposed to be all of the 30 in Batch 1 by end Oct.  Hardly anyone who was previously told Nov delivery has been contacted to go through the checkout process.

My delivery is still supposed to be in January but Lotus have suggested my checkout may only be in last week before Christmas or even early Jan.  I suspect checkout is now no longer 30 days before delivery and they are waiting until cars are finished until they contact people, which is about 2 weeks before delivery.

There have been several minor issues reported by first EU and UK customers plus a recall on a small batch of steering pumps and a warranty issue on a rear hatch, so they may be slowing production and delivery while they take further action on QA.

But on the positive side, we've seen the first deliveries direct to customer, via dealer and at Hethel.  And lots of test drives.  Plus the first car put up for sale straight after delivery with a big markup.

Got my email today, confirming the car was scheduled for a January build. (9th July deposit).

Which actually tallies with what I was told by customer care a few weeks ago, although personally I wouldn't be too bothered if it slipped a (little) bit for a March delivery.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

First UK i4 production is now delayed until July 2023 (for early depositors and pre/during Goodwood 2021 when MANY orders were taken) so that's not too bad really.....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

I got my checkout email today.  Unfortunately, my test drive is not until 5th Dec.  I will ask on Monday if I can delay checking out until then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KennyN said:

I got my checkout email today.  Unfortunately, my test drive is not until 5th Dec.  I will ask on Monday if I can delay checking out until then.

Academic for me, but Kenny, are you really saying to Lotus that you might possibly give them £80k for a car that you've not tried out? Not even tried on the limited, controlled and, in plenty of the cases that I've seen described regarding what some dealers allow, the miserably unrepresentative drives apparently permitted?

By asking if you "....can delay checking out...", surely that is what you are implying?  By asking permission of Lotus!!

What I'd be saying, and I'd be amazed if many others not the same, is that unless I get a test drive well before the 5th December, or you delay my "Checkout" until say the 7th - 9th December (time to calm, sleep on, and think, in there) then you can stick your car where the sun doesn't shine!

Good luck - hope things work out well in your favour. 

Edited by mdavies

5 hours ago, JimH said:

First UK i4 production is now delayed until July 2023 (for early depositors and pre/during Goodwood 2021 when MANY orders were taken) so that's not too bad really.....

I’m not complaining. It will be what it will be. I’m very very glad I wasn’t deliberately trying to be a first though, it’s turned into a “perfect storm” of hiccups and problems.

• Like 1

Kenny, your car, your cash, your choice - in this case.

More generally though, and my reason for commenting despite having no interest in the current Emira, the business practices that - let’s be clear - Geely, operating under their “Lotus” brand, establish and find that they get away with now, are more than likely to be applied for future buyers of future products. And so potentially affect many apart from yourself.

Giving a strong reaction to what you are seemingly being expected to accept could help many others!

Again, good luck with your purchase. (Especially if you do pay up before a trial drive!)

Edited by mdavies
  • Like 1

Cheers!  To be honest, the whole buying experience has been an excercise in utter incompetence from day 1.  I can only hope that the car meets my expectations.

• Gold FFM
On 25/11/2022 at 18:37, KennyN said:

When I asked about the process a few weeks ago I was told the checkout window is two weeks, after which you drop out of the queue.  That’s fair enough, as the car is already in build at that point and Lotus are asking you to commit to buy it or drop out.

They also told me that two weeks could be extended, particularly if you were waiting for a test drive - I specifically asked about that scenario.

Give them a call and I’m sure they’ll help out.  Your test drive is within the two weeks anyway. 

• Thanks 1

My i4 still due July ‘23.

so still 2yrs from deposit to delivery…

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, mdavies said:

Kenny, your car, your cash, your choice - in this case.

More generally though, and my reason for commenting despite having no interest in the current Emira, the business practices that - let’s be clear - Geely, operating under their “Lotus” brand, establish and find that they get away with now, are more than likely to be applied for future buyers of future products. And so potentially affect many apart from yourself.

Giving a strong reaction to what you are seemingly being expected to accept could help many others!

Again, good luck with your purchase. (Especially if you do pay up before a trial drive!)

Bear in mind this is a (very large) pre-launch process with an unprecedented global supply chain disruption in the middle. Lotus originally told early depositors they would not get test drives before having to commit to an order. People had a choice about staying in an early batch on that basis.

Then in January Lotus changed the process and said no one needed to commit until 30 days before delivery.  They also said anyone who wanted a test drive before committing could have one. 

One of the implications of that process is Lotus have to impose some deadlines on the decision.  It’s reasonable in that context. 

Later depositors will have plenty of time to test drive before having to decide. 

13 hours ago, CocoPops said:

My i4 still due July ‘23.

so still 2yrs from deposit to delivery…

When was your deposit date? I was day before Goodwood but with a dealer. Been assured my original deposit date would be honoured but suspect it has not been as I have an August build date. 

On 26/11/2022 at 08:17, KennyN said:

@mdavies I will certainly be pointing out that the issue regarding the availability of the test drive was down to their stupidity in releasing the test drive slots for all deposit holders, with no consideration given to the engine selection, deposit date or build slot scheduling.

I have bought cars in the past without driving them first and not regretted my decision.  Without looking to profiteer, I'm pretty sure I could get out of this one and at least get my money back given the length of the waiting list.  That said, I hope to enjoy the car, in which case it will be with me for some time.

it’s better than that. They sent it to people who had pulled their deposits, one of the first test drives went to someone I know who has got a refund on his deposit and had no intention of buying an Emira anymore so not only wasting dealer time but taking opportunity away from someone who still had money with Lotus. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Del Lardo said:

When was your deposit date? I was day before Goodwood but with a dealer. Been assured my original deposit date would be honoured but suspect it has not been as I have an August build date. 

Morning after the online launch. Ahead of Goodwood.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel