Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 22 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

1405kg is what I believe it will be. No idea where the 1700kg figure has come from, though a 911 carrera, specified in the right way, can get to over 1700kg :shock:

Edited by Bravo73

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, Timbo999 said:

Am I missing something? The Emira is around 1450kgs isn't it?

In the French program "Auto Moto", the car was weighed with a full tank of petrol, 1477kg.

https://www.tf1.fr/tf1/auto-moto/videos/la-lotus-emira-12003814.html

Capture d’écran 2022-12-17 à 16.26.49.png

Edited by Corsu
  • Like 1

Call from Lotus CS this week, my Dec build > Jan Delivery has moved to a Jan Build - likely Feb delivery, "you can hang on to March if you want for the new plate" . Where's a silent scream emoji ? The reason for delay ? = "Christmas Shutdown". Mustn't have anticipated that coming eh..

• Sad 2

On 14/12/2022 at 13:58, MJON said:

That’s interesting , @Al_C they have given me October 23 for i4 FE 🙄

Hi MJON - What time did you place your order, I ordered a car on the first day of Goodwood at 10.30AM (8thJuly 2021) and have just been told a November 2023 Delivery (i4FE). I have been told i4FE Delivery starts July 2023, when I questioned about my delivery not being one of the early cars they said "thousands of people ordered before you".   At Goodwood the deposit payment didn't process due to their technical issues, my deposit was logged on 16/08/2021 does that match a Nov 23 delivery?  Has anyone else received dates for an i4 delivery.

Hi Careon, online deposit placed on 08/07 but due to some system difficulties it didn’t go through, my receipt shows logged 13/07/21. 

• Gold FFM

Where has @Evotion gone? Did he bail out?

Was all superkeen at getting one of each.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I seem to recall that 2 members were expecting the 'first' UK Emira, one via B&C and one via  Silverstone - not seen updates recently.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, MJON said:

He’s still in here @ramjet but down for one as he bought another toy to while away the time @Evotion it’s your story to tell 👍

I did see that post re the other car he had bought. Just wasn't sure what @Evotion had done, or was doing since then.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I seem to recall that 2 members were expecting the 'first' UK Emira, one via B&C and one via  Silverstone - not seen updates recently.

Lotus screwed up the scheduling of most of the UK pre-reveal deposits into the build sequence, with most people delayed 2-3 months later than the original deposit date would have indicated.

The first UK customer cars by home delivery, dealer collection and Hethel collection each went to people who placed deposits on the central Lotus system after it went live post-reveal.   A handful of pre-reveal depositors have started getting cars, but many are still waiting for build and checkout.  Several have already cancelled.

• Gold FFM

I'm still confused as to how they got this wrong?

Every deposit had a date. Put them all in a list, select table and tell table to sort by date. Earliest to latest.

Fini.

3 minutes ago, ramjet said:

sort by date

date format - ddmmyyyy or yyyymmdd  makes quite a difference, reminds me of year 2000 issues.

If using Excel or equivalent, the dates would sort correctly regardless of format (edit: as long as the format is consistent for days and months). However, confusion could be caused by dd/mm/yyyy interlaced with mm/dd/yyyy…

Edited by r3nault

• Gold FFM

If you mix up the formats, then yes. If you use the same format for every date, then no.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, ramjet said:

I'm still confused as to how they got this wrong?

Every deposit had a date. Put them all in a list, select table and tell table to sort by date. Earliest to latest.

Fini.

The central Lotus system recorded the deposit date based on when you made the payment to them using the website's online payment system.  For people who paid pre-reveal deposits to dealers, we were asked to make a further deposit payment post-reveal via the website, then get a refund from the dealer.  Lotus were then supposed to update their system with information from the dealers about the original deposit date.  They messed this up, told us they'd corrected it, then messed it up again in June.  I don't know how.

I paid a deposit in April 2021 but the production re-scheduling in June used my 7 July 2021 central deposit date.

1 hour ago, TomE said:

I paid a deposit in April 2021 but the production re-scheduling in June used my 7 July 2021 central deposit date.

So when's tour build date now Tom? My deposit via website was 10th July and build is supposed to be Jan, but wont be surprised if this slips another month. No checkout email received so far.....

• Gold FFM

My car is built and at BCA awaiting delivery.  I've had the Checkout email, just waiting on Lotus to answer some questions before I decide whether to take it or not.

• Confused 1

• Gold FFM

I'm definitely a maybe at the moment.

Customer service has been very poor, dealers have no influence any more, and worried about aftersales support.  Reports from dealers and several early customers of significant quality issues.  Two people I know have been left stranded with undriveable cars within a week of delivery, others have had their cars sat at dealers more than they've driven them, and 2-3 recall issues already.  I expected some teething problems, but this doesn't look good.

To be honest, did anyone NOT expect these issues?  Come on, get real.

Great car. Great company. But issues will happen especially with new models.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!