Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK Politics Thread - Page 7 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

UK Politics Thread

Barrykearley

I heard they had a leaving do planned at a brewery, but the plans fell apart.

Even Boris could organise a piss up in a brewery.

Funny how they spent months arguing/figuring out who would be the best person to lead the govt, now that's gone wrong their gonna redo it in a week???  That's democracy in action!  

Maybe we should just have guest PMs, everyone gets a go for a month.

• Haha 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
On 20/10/2022 at 19:07, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Still at least Liz Trump apparently gets £115k p.a. for life just for her 45 days as PM. Result.

This is not true. There is a fund of 115k a year for use in official business related to the office, which needs to go through an official expenses procedure with receipts presented to ensure it is used for government related business. It's not a pot for personal use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TdM said:

This is not true. There is a fund of 115k a year for use in official business related to the office, which needs to go through an official expenses procedure with receipts presented to ensure it is used for government related business. It's not a pot for personal use.

Oh don't spoil peoples internet untruths with the truth! It's like the funding of the royal family.

People are so stupid they believe anything so you're wasting your time @TdM trying to inform them 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

so the "next" set of elections in NI set to cost 6.5M, at a time when mr and mrs average are seriously skint, winter and christmas coming and 73% increase in lecy in april, wudnt the 6.5m be better spent elsewhere ?? 😞

6.5 m drop in ocean .....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/20/child-sexual-abuse-inquiry-findings-fall-short-many-victims#:~:text=The inquiry's costs of £,by some of those involved.

COST 

The inquiry’s costs of £186m have also been called into question by some of those involved.

What’s with all these Albanians crossing over the Channel? They’re not facing war, persecution or starvation back home, so why are we letting them in? These are just economic migrants at best. Apparently 53% are granted asylum here.

50 in 2020

800 in 2021

12,000 in 2022 already!

Predominantly single males. How on earth has our Government allowed this to happen?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63473022

• Like 1

Who cares what they claim on their application? Their argument is never going to be as compelling as most of the other countries on the asylum seeker list. Albania has always been the poorest country in Europe: what’s changed in the past 2 years? Has Brexit ironically made the UK an easy option for them?

• Like 1

You need to thank Theresa May for introducing a law/loophole that pretty much allows you to stay in this country if you claim you were trafficked here.  

It is rather irritating that the MSM would not touch this story for several years, now they won't talk about anything else, when it is their latest 'pile on' regarding the Tories perceived failings    

Edited by 910Esprit

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t believe that just 2 months after Kwarteng and Truss announced the tax cutting / high growth mini budget, which cost the country £30bn additional debt, we’ll soon be hearing about a tax hike / services cut / energy cap ending / recession version from the very same Party. You couldn’t make it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pete said:

The 30 billion was a headline in the observer repeated by the Guardian but not necessarily correct

WOW, the Grauniad telling porkies! Whoever would have thought :rofl:

Cheers,

John W

I’m not too arsed about the exact debt figure: the numbers are mind boggling. What I find incomprehensible is that Tory members voted in Truss on the back of all these proposed tax cuts based on high growth targets and even offered a two year energy price cap pledge, only for her and the entire strategy to be dumped into the bin and reversed just 2 months later by her own MPs, as we slide into recession and 11% inflation.

Can you imagine the “told you so” outcry if a General Election had been held, Labour had won and Starmer & Co had announced the tax hikes and spending cuts which are expected tomorrow?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Labour had won

Possibly not the best time to really want win an election.