Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delivery Friday - First UK Emira Delivery - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Delivery Friday - First UK Emira Delivery

Abgreenbank

congrats, will you have had a test drive before payment due. Which part of the country are you in?

Well I flew to uk on Thursday in the hope of the much anticipated October delivery , waited all day for a call after the last Friday update, at 1630 booked a flight back, on the 27th, 20 minutes later a very excited lady from lotus gave me the news, weather is rainy Friday so I don’t think it will be driven, I will wait until may when I get back, delivery is Shropshire .

No test drive , not even seen one but I’m sure the car is far better than me, if not …

Edited by Abgreenbank
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Abgreenbank said:

so I don’t think it will be driven

Certainly would have expected delivery on a covered truck - a bit like the other delivery companies that advertise on TV. They must do the handover etc at yours to cover the how to drive the car stuff.

Looks like yours may be the first in the UK?

3 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Certainly would have expected delivery on a covered truck - a bit like the other delivery companies that advertise on TV. They must do the handover etc at yours to cover the how to drive the car stuff.

Looks like yours may be the first in the UK?

I meant I probably won’t get to drive it as the weather is not nice and it’s off for PPF on Saturday (again in a trailer)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Congratulations!  I've seen a couple of others also contacted today about delivery this week and next, so looks like the first batch of 20-25 cars for UK customers have gone out to BCA for delivery.  Who will get the first one? :) 

On 14/10/2022 at 14:37, Bibs said:

At the factory today, you lot with orders can start to get very excited, not long now at all! 👍

:thumbsup:

Good luck on Friday, I'm sure you'll love it :D

Please share lots of pics! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It will be good to see the SMMT monthly new car registrations, grow over the next few months, should move Lotus off the lowest seller figures.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I think in this case the point is the owner will be out of the country for 6 months shortly after taking delivery. 

• Like 1

Well done.

Deliveries do start this Friday.

Lotus say delivery order is down to specific parts availability but following original deposit order.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

17 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

Well I must have been the first to purchase on the website as my order was acknowledged 7 mins after the site went live

i was told I was around number 30 a few months ago, maybe I just choose a good spec 

Congratulations, great result pics would be great.

I think the point was that there were many, many deposits in months before the website went live. Mine was early April and I was 9th on B&C list who booked 60% + of the orders in the first few months, so I was told top 20 at one point, now January delivery but cant see that happening given the ramp up needed. If they are trebling capacity in the 2.5 active weeks in December over the 4 active weeks in the previous month of November they maybe trying second shift with lots of people being trained up now according to Harrys Garage -  doesn’t personally  give me an overwhelming feeling of confidence that build errors won’t be made. Any volunteers for the last 10 cars made on December 18th when everyone is desperate to head off for xmas 😳? If it was a well established production line less of a worry, but at this stage its being made up as it goes along.

• Like 1