Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora is better looking than the Emira - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora is better looking than the Emira

RENDERMAN

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 minutes ago, Corsu said:

Evora GT410 Sport

The GT410 sport back end is better looking than the 400 rear, and afraid to say I don't like the look of the 400 front bumper either.

• Like 2

In your opinion only of course!

In mine, the GT410 rear looks awful and the 410 Sport rear is much better (i detest the 400 split spoiler). The GT410 rear "arch" just makes the rear look like a very sad face. 

In my humblest of opinions the best Lotus arse goes to the Evora GTE.

I do however prefer the front bumper of the GT410/GT430 over the 400/410's.

Edited by Bravo73

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Well we agree at the front.....

But I prefer the rear of the gt430 over the gt410 sport - well I would wouldn't I.

And overall prefer the gt430 over the Emira at the mo. But I suppose that may change in the next few years.

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I do however prefer the front bumper of the GT410/GT430 over the 400/410's.

• Like 1

I also likes the GT410 Sport better as the Emira, that's why I purchased in 2021 a new one and did not want to wait for the Emira.

From the Evora I also like the front- + side windowshields / roof bulge / arrangement ..............resembling the Koenigsegg ...............a little mysterious

IMG-1417.jpg

Evora-GT410-Sport-1.jpg

Koenigsegg-Gemera-2021.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

But I prefer the rear of the gt430 over the gt410 sport - well I would wouldn't I.

Those rears are the same really - the only difference is the GT430 is made of carbon with some of it exposed. I do think the exposed carbon on the GT430 lifts it, but the painted GT410 rear is for me, a bit meh!

However, we all like different things I guess.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Not a big fan of the rear on my 400, but I'm happy with the front.

As I've said before,  I'm not a massive fan of the rear on the Emira either, but otherwise it slightly trumps the Evora looks elsewhere.....but not by too much in my opinion and certainly not enough to swap one on looks alone.

Something that keeps crossing my mind, that I don't recall being mentioned anywhere, is why have they dropped the double bubble roof of the Evora, one of the features that really makes it stand out for me?  I'm no car designer by any means,  so perhaps it just wouldn't work,  or maybe they're saving it for a later edition.  @RENDERMAN, please show us what you think.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

For me

The Emira is just stunning, a masterpiece of design, not quite Bertone or Pininfarina but they're getting there, just needed to loose the still slightly over rounded "boat face" front end and it would have been perfection. 

The Evora from day one a disasterpiece, an amazing GT but just a bit ugly, beginning of the round boat face front end with too high a waistline leaving a flat and unflattering front clam, the screen angles up rather than flow to that awful bulbous roof line which always reminds me of the cut off top of a pumpkin, down over the over curved engine cover to the high rear end which although aggressive looks a bit like Peppa pig. 

Sorry deffo not an Evora fan.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Corsu said:

Frank explains very well what is wrong with the Emira. What he proposes is much better than the original design.

This guy knows what he's talking about!

• 3 weeks later...

As an Evora owner I don’t have a problem with the fact the Emira is better looking. Closer to the 488 style which not being a 2+2 helps.

i always thought the Evora lights were too big and if they relooked the Evora a bit with thinner lights and few other curves and maybe use the Emira dashboard, I would have been really tempted to buy a new one. Can’t justify and 4th 2 seater only on my drive so the Evora remains as my most reasonable car.

Edited by PAR

I actually quite like the Emira styling but not fully convinced by how the bottom lip at the front rises upwards - good news for speed humps though no doubt. I wasn't so keen on the 400 when it first came out, that awful three piece rear spoiler was just a mess to my eyes. My Sport410 with its carbon ducktail fixed that. The 4xx front end was a bit meh, but it is definitely better in the flesh than in pictures.

The GT410 front looks good, but for me the fully painted rear just looks shite. End of. It just looks like it was a rushed after though.

The GT430 looks much better with the carbon below the spoiler and under the railway arch at the back.

The front of the S1 was of its time and could be the front of many cars from then. Its not offensive but not "wow".  The S1 rear end is lovely (with two pipes and not the awful S exhaust shape) but always hated the Evora badge on the right arse cheek. Just naff and makes the rear look out of balance. 

However we will all have different views on aesthetics, which is good for fugly chaps like you miserable lot as it means that somewhere out there a woman exists who will find you attractive too 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

The small print.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Since you sort of turned the Evora into an Evira, I'm not sure what we were meant to make of your first post @RENDERMAN

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)