Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S - Gear cable adjustment - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S - Gear cable adjustment

Go to solution Solved by Bruss,

Are there any images, guides for doing this job? My car feels a bit 'off' coming across the gate, it's very easy to miss 2nd, I usually find it after a couple of stabs, where I'd expect 4th. Lotus picked up the cables need adjustment on their inspection.

I'm ok with spanners, thought I might give this a go, but not many youtube guides for such a rare car.

Edited by Niffty951

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think, this might help you out !

Esprit Gearshift (lotusespritworld.com)

After realizing, that adjustment was not possible I took out the gearshift lever and notice the bushings being totally worn. After replacement, they were stiff an precise again !

Patrick

13 hours ago, Niffty951 said:

My car feels a bit 'off' coming across the gate

Is this an Evora or Esprit? The reason I ask is your signature.

Cheers,

John W

I found this (useful), but Lotus have told me the cables need adjustment at the other end, under the supercharger?

I'm handy with a spanner and would quite like to have a go at this myself, but would like to know a little more what I'm doing. Anyone had a go?

My car has always been quite hard to get into 2nd. It feels like it's usually to the right of where I want to put it (more like I'm going into 4th) so I was pleased when Lotus said it needed adjustment.

Any more info appreciated.

I've fitted one of these, and the installation guide can be useful to show you how to get to the cables under the airbox.

https://aerieperformance.com/products/short-shift-adaptor

The process is essentially trial and error, just moving the rod ends up/down the threads until all gears can be selected easily.  The hardest bit is getting the airbox off, which needs either a bit of dexterity or access via the wheelarch.

If you're doing the job anyway, I think the short shift kit has been a good upgrade.

• Thanks 1

• Solution

The cables are easily adjusted but need time and access.

The Evora 400 service notes sn_fr_manual transmission has good diagrams outling how it all works and why adjustment is necessary. The Evora S service notes only show the front adjustment at the gear lever end.

sn_fr_manual transmission_Evora_400.pdf

Section FL_ Manual transmission - Evora Service Notes Updated 16th January 2014-20180319T131907Z-001.zip

• Thanks 2

At 9:49 in above video you can see a crack in the blue pivot ball (under the lever).

The blue ball pivot is likely to fail soon with loss of any shifting.

This requires a replacement of the complete shifter lever unit - the blue pivot ball is integral with the shift lever.

He needs Lotus Part Number: A132F6364S - Lever with ball only.

This part is supplied with the top black plastic pivot ball cover - which is being shredded in his vid.

Edited by IanA
more info

22 hours ago, Doug Ashley said:

I've fitted one of these. The hardest bit is getting the airbox off, which needs either a bit of dexterity or access via the wheelarch.

If you're doing the job anyway, I think the short shift kit has been a good upgrade.

Well if you say that I should probably add lightness in the form of an induction kit at the same time😋

• Like 1