Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Art on TLF - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Art on TLF

jep

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm a massive fan of Fernando Botero and his "rounded" sculptures. My favourite art form is sculpture.

image.jpeg.9ee4a46240bcda18ed9afdcf7df61e60.jpegimage.jpeg.0af10a3c6f7b04109a10e6fa5cadc518.jpegFERNANDO BOTERO "The Bull" BRONZE SCULPTURE PIECE SIGNED & NUM. |  #1819583774

I also appreciate some of Billy Connolly's work and made an offer on a piece in Glasgow recently but was not successful. Here is some of his work...

image.jpeg.d2623b128403b13c66652c4135df8a64.jpegimage.jpeg.6753b91a3b58a0587d35def1af5d9147.jpegimage.jpeg.7d75e40d0145e74d22dd204432ba104d.jpeg

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

This is a Henry Moore sculpture in the gardens at the Gallery of Modern Art in Edinburgh.

20210613_153713.jpg

And this is a piece I commissioned by sculptor (Keith McCarter) who worked with, and was inspired by, Henry Moore. It is made of bronze and called Ithaca, the birthplace of the Greek god Odysseus.

20210618_075302.jpg

• Love 2

Mona museum Hobart Tasmania. Not all about the display of ‘Vag’ casts. Would really recommend if you ‘Down under’ (pun intended)

D1D87E5C-4F97-45C1-9236-97676D30CE0D.webp 0D4235CC-BAEA-4DD3-AB20-41885B3D4E94.webp

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Still can't find the "spot".

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

We'd better get back on topic before the Ryarsh Polis close us down 😉

Here are some photos of a solid, patinated bronze I have by Paul Mount. He was inspired by the famous works of Barbara Hepworth (St Ives school)

20210919_085712.jpg

20210919_085642.jpg

Right up my Street. Wendy thinks I'm a pleb, but I am not a fan of Sculpture or Ceramics. Give me a proper Art Gallery and I am in heaven, unless its full of Abstract and then you can forget it. I don't mind a bit of abstract but, really? Something my Grandaughter could do, but with a price tag of £1 million because some critic could "Feel the Power" of the lines, is not my cup of tea. Something like this for example, Jackson Pollock, you can keep, I have no interest despite its £64 million price tag.

Jackson Pollock Blue Poles

Now this, by William Turner, however I could look at all week.

10 Artworks By JMW Turner You Should Know

Well Wendy is most famous for her Portraits for heros, where she painted 67 portraits, for free and using her own materials and time, to boost morale with those with the most heart breaking stories within the NHS. This included a Nurse and Doctor who died from COVID, she immortalised and gave the portraits to their families and then spread to Nurses, Doctors, HCA's, Cleaners, Admin etc all within the NHS during lockdown and Covid over 2 years. It was for this she was Awarded a Medal of the Order of the British Empire and for this very reason we are invited to the Kings Coronation Party and Buck Palace. Here's her with just a few, for her it was about the looks of exhaustion or even the stress you could see in their eyes. With faces covered by PPE it was all about the eyes. Funnily enough you can ssee her first one below in the montage picture. Second from the left in the centre is our own daughter. She sent her mom a picture after a long night shift and Wendy could see the worry in her eyes and stress and strain and "Had to paint it". This spread by word of mouth and made its way to the BBC where we were both interviewed. Then SKY TV, Radio 5 Live etc etc. She was then inundated with requests. 

No photo description available.

But What, I hear you cry, does an Artist have on their wall?

Well a lot of our own stuff . Mainly cause, with constant art shows and fairs, we have more paintings than Storage. For example, I can get up in the morning to find one of our tables missing, only for it to reappear 2 days later like this.

Upcycled furniture makeover. Frida Khalo inspired, Handpainted boho occasional hall table and unique piece of art.  wendykimberletart.com

We had a nice nest of tables, solid oak, that disappeared and reappeared each one with the tops painted like this:

May be an image of bird and indoor

I have a garage full of old Scaffolding planks and other scrap wood that someone "Finds" and Saves from the chipper or landfill. These often become this:

image.jpeg

And I love Wendy's recycled Wood Art, which goes from something for landfill to a £350 work of art.

However my ultimate favourites are her Black White and Gold ones, using metallic paints and Golf Leaf. They really shine and are so very unusual. Others must agree as they sell very well. Down side is they take about 2 weeks a painting.

But we do have our own Gallery Room where we keep art from other artists that we have bought or been gifted.

I actually don't have any pics of it so I will post that up later.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

On 10/04/2023 at 13:59, Bibs said:

We visited the Turner Contemporary in Margate recently. Managed about 6 minutes, what a crock! 

You kept that quiet!

I’m convinced that the contents are the sole reason there’s no entry fee. Imagine the queue for refunds.

Margate Exotics.

19 hours ago, Bibs said:

I popped in the Lifeboat expecting to see you both there :D

It was shockingly shit to be honest. Perhaps I'm a luddite but even that 6 minutes included a trip to the gents! 

The Lifeboat died for me when they turned it from a proper real ale ‘straight out of the barrel’ joint to a gentrified Brew Dog gaff selling mass-produced weasel’s piss. The place to go is The Fez, half way up the high street. @Sparkycan confirm this. It’s eclectic , and mad!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
23 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

The Lifeboat died for me when they turned it from a proper real ale ‘straight out of the barrel’ joint to a gentrified Brew Dog gaff selling mass-produced weasel’s piss. The place to go is The Fez, half way up the high street. @Sparkycan confirm this. It’s eclectic , and mad!

Yup, hats off to The Fez - mad as a box of frogs.  And, on topic, it's full to the brim of 'art'.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 5 months later...

Hey Everyone! 

Just to let you know we will be Exhibiting at Epsom Downs this weekend. Would love for you all to come down and see us! I already know a couple who are coming. 

https://artsurrey.co.uk/

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

If any of you get down to Norwich to visit the factory a good Art stop of is the https://www.sainsburycentre.ac.uk/

There are Francis Bacon Portraits of Lisa Sainsbury and lots of other interesting works Modigliani Giacometti Picasso Degas & Henry Moores in the garden.

Also the Location of the S3 Esprit Photoshoot.

There are also Barbara Hepworth's dotted around the city too.

Edited by JimmytheTurbo

Or you could visit the open studio of one Wendy Kimberley, Award winning artist, honoured by the Queen before she passed, supplier of fine art to the Royal family and countless people with Taste, like our own @Bibs

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey Everyone, hows about grabbing a fantastic pressie for your mother (or wife from the kids). See below link and Pics!

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=903385348461651&set=pcb.903418635124989

May be an image of coffee cup

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've got a couple of Victor Vasarely signed screen prints.  Always like his work, ever since I did a fine art diploma in preparation for a Design degree.

PAN-Vasareli-10-e1486495822391-1024x1007.webp.e00fdcbf358a5538adeccee3f2ccdd23.webp

At the other end of the scale I bought 7 original Hogarth's from an auction a few years back, the prints dated 1740.  There's lots of horrible stuff going on in them but they're quite good fun.

image.jpeg.cbefdf11ba460334b71e87e8f5156d08.jpeg