Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus at Goodwood FoS 2023 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus at Goodwood FoS 2023

Have posted this in a different thread but thought it could do with having its own. 

Much enjoyed being there for Emira Dynamic Debut, Lotus Moment and the massive Lotus stand in 2021 so looking forward to this one as well. Will be posting some content on here on Thursday :thumbsup:

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/lotus-at-goodwood-festival-of-speed-2023-eletre,-emira-and-evija-on-show-and-in-action.html

LOTUS AT GOODWOOD FESTIVAL OF SPEED 2023: ELETRE, EMIRA AND EVIJA ON SHOW AND IN ACTION

• Biggest-ever stand hosts full Lotus road car range – Eletre, Emira and Evija
  • Debut of the Emira with new 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine
  • A hub of activity on all four days, including live Q&A with Jenson Button, The Smoking Tire podcast recording and expert presentations of the Lotus Eletre’s driver-focused tech
  • Daily ‘Lotus Moment’ – unique parade of Lotus cars past and present is fitting tribute to brand’s 75th anniversary

Hethel, UK – 7 July 2023  Lotus lands at next week’s Goodwood Festival of Speed with its biggest-ever stand at the event, and a huge range of activities that will appeal to the tens of thousands of performance car fans attending. Alternatively follow the action on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn.

For 2023 the Lotus stand is in a new position, closer to the start of the iconic Hill Climb. It’s the perfect spot to witness the ‘Lotus Moment’, a unique parade of Lotus cars past and present, taking place every day and a fitting tribute to celebrate the brand’s 75th anniversary year. Check daily schedules for exact timings.

Taking centre stage for Lotus is the Eletre, making its dynamic debut at the Festival. With customer deliveries starting soon in the UK and across Europe, Goodwood is the perfect time to discover its unique design, advanced all-electric powertrain and intuitive driver-focused technology.

The Eletre is aimed at a new generation of Lotus customers. A true Lotus, it blends the core DNA of the Emira and Evija, reinterpreting them as a practical, versatile and spacious family-oriented hyper-SUV. Twice a day members of the Lotus Customer Experience team will be demonstrating its capabilities on the Lotus stand, including the active aerodynamics and immersive 23-speaker audio system created in partnership with British brand KEF and sound processing pioneer Dolby.

Goodwood Festival of Speed also marks the eagerly anticipated expansion of the Emira range, with the public debut of the 2.0-litre four-cylinder version. Customer deliveries of the Emira four-cylinder will start later this year

For Lotus fans who love the live action thrills of Goodwood, all four current cars – Eletre, Emira, Emira V6 (Thursday only) and the pure electric hypercar, the Evija – will be taking part in Hill Climb activity throughout the Festival. Examples will also be on the Lotus stand, and an Eletre and Emira 2.0-litre will be in the First Glance Paddock.

Mike Johnstone, Group Vice-President and Chief Commercial Officer, Lotus, commented: “In our 75th year we’ve got an amazing Goodwood Festival of Speed line-up. The current range is a fitting tribute to everything that’s come before, and this is such a great venue for enthusiasts to see our cars and learn about the transformation of Lotus from our knowledgeable product experts.”

The Lotus stand will be a hub of activity all weekend. Plans include a live Q&A with F1 World Champion Jenson Button (Saturday), who will also be driving a Lotus Evija in the Hill Climb on Saturday, two live recordings of the hugely popular US-based motoring podcast The Smoking Tire (Friday and Saturday), and daily presentations of the Eletre’s audio system by experts from KEF.

Quite like the choice of cover picture for the event on Goodwood’s Facebook page:

IMG_6709.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Unfortuntely I don't think I'm going to be able to make this year however is anyone is a good photographer, will be taking a DSLR and can take a very decent picture, I've a press pass/parking you can use to get some shots on behalf of TLF. Please PM me if you are interested in going on Thursday. :thumbup:

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Yes, hugely impressive stand - but, to me, disappointing that it only housed 3 Eletras and 1 Emira ... and a lot of empty floorspace.  Also despite visiting everywhere ... I never saw an Evija or even a pit tent with an Evija label but no car - did they not take one this year?  

As ever, the quantity and quality of the cars available to gawp at from all makes was just incredible.  Sadly for me though the event is now so popular that even the Thursday has become rammed with crowds and I'll not be going again until they introduce another (5th) and hopefully initially unpopular day for the anti social bar stewards like me.  Having said that, great to catch up with Scott, good to see Clive with the Classic Team and half a dozen fantastic cars, and a pity I missed Paul if not his car

spacer.png

• Like 2

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Did anyone notice the state of the black i4 Emira on the stand?  It's not a great advert for the brand to have a car with dents on the roof on show at such an event.

10 hours ago, MPx said:

I never saw an Evija or even a pit tent with an Evija label but no car - did they not take one this year?  

I understand that there's a Fittipaldi upstairs on the stand and one going up the hill. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Fittipaldi upstairs on the stand

sounds like an invitation only sort of thing.

On 10/07/2023 at 14:47, Bibs said:

Unfortuntely I don't think I'm going to be able to make this year however is anyone is a good photographer, will be taking a DSLR and can take a very decent picture, I've a press pass/parking you can use to get some shots on behalf of TLF. Please PM me if you are interested in going on Thursday. :thumbup:

If I'd have seen this earlier I'd have definitely taken you up on it. Have a couple of DSLRs and do some paid work now and again for some of clients when it gets them out of a bind. Have even done some automotive stuff before.

Feel free to give me a shout if something like this comes up again and you need someone.

• Like 1

From YouTube, KHTV.  The Lotus stand at FoS.  Mainly for those that don't mind crowds or Eletres.  Emira i4 shown in black. Jenson Button appears.

It is with deep regret that the Festival of Speed will not go ahead tomorrow (Saturday 15 July 2023). On-site safety is our highest priority and the forecasted high winds will pose a serious risk to the various temporary structures across the site. The Sunday will be going ahead as planned.

Thanks for posting the pics @Sport220 .  Cant believe I missed that blue Evija although I do remember walking down that row and seeing the pondlife coloured Roller in the next bay, so it was presumably out of its pit while I was there.  Also distracted by a couple of the cars opposite (that weird logo in your pic) - some make I'd never heard of and now can't remember.   Oh the joys of age!

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Evija seems to have Fittipaldi interior trim (gold features) but is blue exterior. I don't recall gold trim on pre-Fittipaldi Evija I saw at shows.

Justin 

10 hours ago, Bibs said:

It is with deep regret that the Festival of Speed will not go ahead tomorrow (Saturday 15 July 2023). On-site safety is our highest priority and the forecasted high winds will pose a serious risk to the various temporary structures across the site. The Sunday will be going ahead as planned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/7730473

That's normal, everyday, humdrum stuff for us in Scotland 😉