Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hethel upsetting neighbours - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hethel upsetting neighbours

28 minutes ago, Jacques said:

It's called egoism.

And "they" are called fookwits. :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Love it @JimmytheTurbo.

I can't understand the Karens. Yes, if this was happening every week I'd be pissed off, but a one off...

In the rural area we live in once a year all the farmers and enthusiasts get their tractors out, new, old and very old and they roar in convoy through the villages. Ordinarily I have no interest in tractors but when they come, I jump out to watch the spectacle and share in the fun 

Too many Karen's in this world today.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

And that Karen had been forced to put her house up for sale, probably by the neighbours who were out cheering lol. Tough love eh.

• Haha 1

The small print.

• 2 months later...

This has come up again 

We live by a major car brand's HQ - we're sick of workers 'speeding through our village like they're rally drivers' https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/24481763/lotus-workers-speeding-in-village-like-rally-drivers?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

It's interesting that, in the original article, the parish council chairman does admit that it could be yobbos unconnected to the factory but assumed it's factory workers.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

On 06/08/2023 at 20:08, Jacques said:

While I am in Denmark, I can give a bit of light to the very same idea. This weekend there has been the huge Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, and race cars have been flying around the street track Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Normally I pay a heavy ticket to go see it, but this year, I had other things to do.  Great stuff though. Anyway, There are so many young and old people who hates this. The very same people who walk around town with HUGE ghettoblasters playing über loud, the very same people who walk their dogs every day in the park where I run, and let their animals shit all over the place, no dogs on a line, so they bark and run between your legs as you run past them and stumble and fall, and then they say: "Oh, are you there? Mind my dog". Trust me, I've seen it more than once. The same people, who have that sticker on the back of their car: "Drive slowly, baby on board", the same people who take drugs and are drunk and gas their nose every single Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and complain that they cannot understand why there are so many gangs (who sell drugs). The same people who have a gay festival on lorries and have sex on the lorries while families with minor kids are watching it, the same people who complain that there arn't enough trees, but at the same time, complain to the land owner or the local town hall, that the trees are making shadow and taking their view from their apartments. The same people who tatoo their bodies with a mix of russian mafia tags and a list of their whole family... The same people who every single time refuse to use their orange lights in when they turn into another street. The same people who shout "Earth murderer" after you in the street if they see you have picked up a package at the local post office from a clothing company. The same people who move into an old house near a factory "Because it's SO NAJCE and trendy..." and then complain about the factory. The same people of who half of them have a beard which is exactly the same as their friends, and just because some dumwick on twitter, pipper and flipper wrote a message saying that they have to do that. The same people who drive a 300 pound 3-wheeled bicycle all over town, making it impossible to pass them on a normal bike. The same people who risk my Esprit burning up, because their stupid EV's are catching fire every single week.

Trust me, I know them... There's only only language they understand, and you have to shout it really really really loud directly into their face: SHUT THE .... UP!

It's called egoism.

Kind regards,

Jacques

And breath 😅

And there is Colin Rudd making his opinions known again.

It would be good if some of the journalists did a little research as it would show that he actually lives where the yellow cross is in the image below, and the issues that are being reported are where the purple cross is. I can't believe that he is so indignant with the situation, when it appears it cannot actually affect him (or he really, really cares about the people who live nowhere near him!). 

It is funny how he has such an opinion on this when he's nowhere near. Maybe it's more to do with the 50 acres he owns near to the Lotus site (address readily available at confirmation-regarding-the-exercise-of-electors-rights.pdf (wordpress.com)), which I'm assuming will be dropping in value if more industrial units are put in the region. Or maybe he's still got his B&B going (A touch of romance | Great British Life) and the noise from the industrial units will make it less appealing?

Hethel Locations.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JamesS. said:

the issues that are being reported are where the purple cross is.

In Bracon Ash? Cars passing there could be coming from anywhere? Blaming Lotus just because its close by! Is that racist? Workist? Just because your work for a sports car company you have to drive fast?

Speeding cars could equally be those leaving Ashwell Thorpe Ind Est or somewhere else!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I was last there in 2018 for the anniversary bash, but my memories of Potash Lane is that it is only a short drive off the Wymondham Rd and nowhere near any houses, basically Xenos > CTL > Lotus Cars. Not really enough distance to get up to any speed. Isn’t the Wymondham Rd through the villages the problem?

a couple of Eletre's could meet head on.    And no road markings.