Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Evora S owner - The fun begins - Page 2 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Evora S owner - The fun begins

TrevS

As we had a bit of a break in the weather I decided to take the car out for a drive today with the kids and wife to see how it would work for family trips. Turns out it's not that bad. We managed to squeeze all four of us in and the kids loved going in the new car for the first time. I have noticed an issue with the car though. There seems to be a metallic rattling sound comes from the rear of the car. Almost sounds like a rattling exhaust at very slow speeds. As speed picks up the car makes no sound. Anyone have any ideas? Could it be a heat shield or something that's come loose?

autumn-dfrive.jpg.85d1ef40c4f4a2ff92105ec9cb0a6e57.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

It may well be a wheel TPMS sensor….I had this recently with a front wheel. At low speeds and when you stop I would get a metallic clunking noise. This was the tpms sensor loose inside the tyre hitting the rim! Something to check anyway (easy jacking up the rear and spinning the wheels).

Hi all

Well a couple of weeks into Lotus ownership and I have my first niggle. There is a mettalic rattling/tappet sound coming from the rear of the car. This happens at idle and is quite loud a low speeds under 20mph. Above 20mph or under any sort of medium/higher acceleration there is no noise at all. It sounds as though it's coming from around the silencer area so I'd apppreciate any help in locating the source of the noise and possible fix. Here is a quick clip of the noise. It can get quite a bit louder when slow speed Manoeuvring.

Thanks

Trev

21 hours ago, TrevS said:

Hi all

Well a couple of weeks into Lotus ownership and I have my first niggle. There is a mettalic rattling/tappet sound coming from the rear of the car. This happens at idle and is quite loud a low speeds under 20mph. Above 20mph or under any sort of medium/higher acceleration there is no noise at all. It sounds as though it's coming from around the silencer area so I'd apppreciate any help in locating the source of the noise and possible fix. Here is a quick clip of the noise. It can get quite a bit louder when slow speed Manoeuvring.

Thanks

Trev

If you press up the under tray when engine idling to see if it alters the sound. It could be just a small stone lying on the tray. My mates Evora S had a similar noise and it was the exhaust valve pin on the rod had broken. You and test of the valve is working on the sport mode on/off.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the goldleaf wrap. If you can keep the proportions right then it’s a yes from me. 😀

Edit. On the white try and find someone who can do an off white as the original rather than a shiny bright white,.

Yes it is definitely an off white and the paint was cellulose back then. I had the 2-11 done by someone who could still get the paint from Germany and had the correct paint booth/ water curtain etc to be able to put it on.  I will try and find the paint code if I still have it, but you could search the ‘net as I guess the original codes will be on there somewhere. It is then for your painter to try and find the modern water based equivalent.

Edit. I i think the name was cirrus white, 

Edit2 .  There ya go

https://www.lotuselansprint.com/index.asp?pageid=41827

1 hour ago, TrevS said:

So I've been thinking about doing some visual mods to my car. I'm looking to fit a GT4 style rear wing and possibly the GRP front splitter. I really like the way the car currently looks in stock form but I also really like cars with the more aggressive look with a GT4 wing and as the mods are reversible I can perhaps swap the wing on/off from time to time.

Perhaps more controversially I've had an idea to wrap the lower half of the car to create a gold leaf inspired livery. I'm a big fan of histortical colour schemes. Here are a couple of pics of the mods I'm thinking of on a red evora and with the gold leaf design wrap. I'd love to get your thoughts on doing this as appreciate this might be a bit marmite.

design1.jpg.a00bb433f2545e302ea12f8d4bbbcb45.jpg

design2.jpg.f23bcae0ba0cad5861f30f8366e76835.jpg

Thanks

Trev

Sorry its a no from me .

4 hours ago, TrevS said:

So I've been thinking about doing some visual mods to my car. I'm looking to fit a GT4 style rear wing and possibly the GRP front splitter. I really like the way the car currently looks in stock form but I also really like cars with the more aggressive look with a GT4 wing and as the mods are reversible I can perhaps swap the wing on/off from time to time.

Perhaps more controversially I've had an idea to wrap the lower half of the car to create a gold leaf inspired livery. I'm a big fan of histortical colour schemes. Here are a couple of pics of the mods I'm thinking of on a red evora and with the gold leaf design wrap. I'd love to get your thoughts on doing this as appreciate this might be a bit marmite.

design1.jpg.a00bb433f2545e302ea12f8d4bbbcb45.jpg

design2.jpg.f23bcae0ba0cad5861f30f8366e76835.jpg

Thanks

Trev

The gold leaf is a nice design for the right cars, sorry but the Evora is not the right car for the gold leaf option.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great scheme. When I owned my red Esprit GT3 I toyed with the idea of making it Gold Leaf TL, to try to emulate the wonderful wedge that is the Lotus Type 56B turbine F1 car.

spacer.png

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

As you say a real Marmite colour scheme.  I personally don't mind it.  Wouldn't have it on any car I owned but can appreciate the Lotus history.  Others I know completely hate it as I've asked that question over the years.

I'm intrigued, have your thoughts changed since first getting it?  Initially you were all about originality and now you are looking at hideous rear wings and different splitters and colours?

Good luck keeping the exhaust clean!  A 30 minute drive in sport mode will soon blacken it up nicely! 🤣

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Congrats on the purchase. I like the gold leaf colour scheme on the Elan, but I don't personally think it works on the Evora. My opinion on that doesn't matter much though, as it's your car 🙂

I got my car at 2yrs old and the first owner had already ditched the OEM Pirelli's in favour of Supersports (in Evora 400 sizes - so 285/30 on the rear). They are fabulous road tyres in warmer weather (even when wet), but have properties similar to bars of soap when the temperature drops below 5 DegC. 4S appear to be their equal in the warmer conditions (wet or dry) but still work at lower temperatures. When I was transitioning over I had the opposite "setup" to you - 4S on the front and older Supersports on the rear - made for a couple of "interesting" moments in cold conditions... 😮

Haven't tried those Conti's on it, but they get great reviews too.

Edited by mik

I see your car has the black rear arch protector "flashes" from the GT430. Do you know if these are stuck over the top of the clear factory-fit PPF in this area, or has that been removed first?

(Factory-fit "clear" PPF for the sills and rear arches is a large single piece as shown (kinda badly!) in the image below. Like all clear PPF - it yellows over time, so some folks remove it).

spacer.png

On 08/12/2023 at 21:22, Bravo73 said:

(Although the design obviously won’t mean anything to Joe Public. You’ve got to be a reasonable Lotus 🤓 to know about the Gold Leaf colours). 

Or a serial smoker 🤔

16 hours ago, Al said:

I'm intrigued, have your thoughts changed since first getting it?  Initially you were all about originality and now you are looking at hideous rear wings and different splitters and colours?

Yes, I'm interested too. Why the change?

Edited by Rambo

18 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Yes, I'm interested too. Why the change?

People are fickle. And some, like a tickle.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!