Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Evora S owner - The fun begins - Page 4 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Evora S owner - The fun begins

TrevS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Black doesn't look bad, but I also (surprised myself a little that I) prefer oem.

• 2 weeks later...

They are displaying correctly but I'm not sure if I'm running too low pressure on the fronts. PJS said I was running the tyres with a little too much air and suggested F29 and R32. That sound right or too low? I was originally running the tyre pressures that the previous owner suggested which was F33.5 R36.

I am running those higher pressures, but have the NA 18/19 sized wheels. When you say error, are they flashing just on the display?

Front two corner numbers are flahing on the tyre pressure readout screen and the yellow warning light is on. Rear tyres numbers not flashing

That just means the pressure is low, 10% less than required will trigger it. I think the manual states 33psi front and 36psi rear off the top of my head. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The pressures the PO used were what the 400 series cars were running when they changed onto Michelin from the original fitment Pirelli’s which were like butter for life. 

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Thanks Allan, really useful. Little bit confused why PJS suggested running them that much lower. Hopefully that will sort the issue.

• Like 1

@TrevS I find the car has a tendancy to skip over road imperfections if you are running the Michelin's at book pressures (which were for the series1 car OEM fit Pirellis). I fiddled about a bit and find 31.5F 34R to be a good compromise.

• Like 1

Thanks Mik. I did find exactly that on the higher pressures. I didn't know if it was just the colder weather making the tyres feel a little bit skippy but the lower pressures, that's gone completely. I'll have a fiddle.

1 hour ago, TrevS said:

PJS said I was running the tyres with a little too much air and suggested F29 and R32.

When you say 19” wheels, do you mean the 18/19” set or 19/20” set?

The higher pressures were intended for the OEM Pirellis. As already stated, the lower pressure were for the Michelin Supersports (which were the OEM tyre for the 400). 

The 400 pressures were 2.0/2.2bar. I even find 1.8/2.0 can be a bit better. However, you might find that these pressures are slightly below the original warning thresholds. And, before you ask, these thresholds can’t be adjusted unfortunately. 

Sorry should have been more accurate. I have 19/20" wheels. Supersports at the front and P4S on the rear currently.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended my first Lotus Drivers Club meet yesterday at Gasoline juice near Northampton. The event was great and it was really good to have chat and a poke around a few different Evora's. I'd driven fairly slowly on the way to the venue as I'd had the recent engine warning light and tyre pressure warnings. After clearing the code and adjusting the pressures slightly all signs of those issues have dissappeared. However, as I went to leave the venue I moved the car and then went to reverse the car to turn it around and could not get the car in reverse gear. I disengaged and reengaged the clutch a dozen times and noting and then I couldn't get 1st or 2nd gear either. I finally managed to get back into 1st and pull away and then took my time on the way home and tried to avoid shifting too much.

During the drive home it felt like the clutch pedal went soft/light with no resistance for the top few inches of travel and then the pressure would pick up. After getting home and jumping back in the car today I'm still having issues with gear selection. Today 5th won't engage. This has been a reoccuring issue with the car since I've had it (normally 1st or 2nd) and I thought we'd fixed the issue when PJS did a gearbox oil flush and refill but alas it seems not. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this issue. Is it clutch, clutch master cyclinder, gearbox calbles etc? I'll pop a video below so you can see issue today with selecting 5th.

https://youtu.be/6oY_4GJ31vo?si=n9u0iilo9Sh5mc9W

Thanks

Trev

It looks like a gear cable selection issue which easy fixable. Remove or lift up the gear lever surround cover and you should see the linkage operation may just want adjusting.

28 minutes ago, TrevS said:

2011 car with 36k miles

Maybe cable adjustment as suggested. Mine is modified (TVS1900) and has covered more miles than yours, including TD's without issue (MY12 build)

Clutch master cylinder but quite young mileage to fail. Or clutch which is unpredictable on early cars. 

Justin

• 3 weeks later...