Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 89 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

Thanks, i am sure Mark is a friendly guy, I’m probably just afraid that once I start the process, I’ll find myself with a 7th car to use………!

• Haha 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

@Tin Hat the black one was my car, its a wonderful machine and i would have kept it but divorce is expensive. I had been looking for an Evora GT410 Sport for years but only wanted one in Military Grey, they don't come up that often, so when one popped up I was all over it. This time i actually had the discussion with Commander (the wife) and she was all for it but only if i sold the Esprit. 

Its a lovely car, brought back to life by @Bazza 907 and only ever looked after by @Sparky or Gerald at GST. I still miss her 

• Like 2

Hi Dan, thanks for the response, it’s a great looking car, I may well nip up to Stock cars to take a closer look!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When I worked at Gaydon, one of the chassis engineers drove it.  He was impressed but the suspension was very noisy with the hydraulics pressurising and de-pressurising all the time.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM
22 hours ago, Bibs said:

Active car gets some attention from the currant bun! 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/25286767/experimental-lotus-supercar-top-gear-sale/

I just had a look on the Anglia Car Auctions website. I hope it goes to a good home.

image.png

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

On 09/01/2024 at 10:13, jonwat said:

'96 S4s Auction

Looks nice

Looks like it needs a respray with heavy stone chips and clear coat lifting in various places.  And a bit rusty underneath.  But still a bargain at it's current £18k.  Ending today.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Looks like it needs a respray with heavy stone chips and clear coat lifting in various places.  And a bit rusty underneath.  But still a bargain at it's current £18k.  Ending today.

Reserve not met, it'll probably keeping being auctioned many times if the reserve is high. I doubt the seller will let it go for anything less than £30K.

On 14/01/2024 at 11:29, Mark Blanchard said:

Looks like it needs a respray with heavy stone chips and clear coat lifting in various places.  And a bit rusty underneath.  But still a bargain at it's current £18k.  Ending today

Sold for £26,350

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

6 minutes ago, JimmytheTurbo said:

but they haven't fitted boot carpets

No carpets for this age car, should have a boot bag - you can see the fasteners.

The 2002 V8 is also missing the later style fibreglass and rubber front lip.  Only the rubber part is present...

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

4 minutes ago, mike_sekinger said:

The 2002 V8 is also missing the later style fibreglass and rubber front lip.  Only the rubber part is present...

Have you read the description?

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

Have you read the description?

Doh.... I just scanned it.

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

1 hour ago, JimmytheTurbo said:

Ok no boot bag then 🙂 for £90K id expect all of the parts!

If you have a boot tag do you not get the battery board either?

Yes, I'd have expected that to be there for a total rebuild - SJs have them in stock. Don't know what a battery board is - mine just sits under the right hand side with a metal cross piece holding it in place.

Looking at the off side interior shot - the carpet doesn't look clean, the leather does not look new - especially the headrest, and the binnacle look worn. The gear gaiter is the wrong style for a leather interior - looks like my cloth interior one (which is correct).

• Like 1

On the yellow turbo the tear hatch seems to have three screws/studs on it or holding it down - not seen that before.

The ride height seems a tad high too.

Nice looking car but at that sort of money I'd expect it to be 'tip top'

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

On the yellow turbo the tear hatch seems to have three screws/studs on it or holding it down - not seen that before.

Im guessing someone had fitted an aftermarket spoiler?

18 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Looking at the off side interior shot - the carpet doesn't look clean, the leather does not look new - especially the headrest, and the binnacle look worn. The gear gaiter is the wrong style for a leather interior - looks like my cloth interior one (which is correct).

I thought that too and for a £90k full rebuild a few pics of the engine wouldn't go amiss