Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 74 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Already been discussed on here I think, this G was a bit of a mismatch with a new engine, non original paint colour and Stevens seat and interior retrim for starters but it still made fairly decent money yesterday for a non original car IMHO 😊

7025E103-18F4-4DE8-ACC1-3CD84AFCCE5E.jpeg

• Like 1

UK Sportscars have a black X180 turbo up for 35k!  Looks nice paint and interior but engine bay unloved and something weird where the header tank should be. 

don’t think I’ve seen a Stevens carb turbo above 25k before.

21 hours ago, Giniw said:

Yeah, thanks. What’s going on with that header tank?  I quite like the red leather.

There are appears to be a roughly cut hole to gain access to the top of the left petrol tank.  Should that be there?  

The engine bay photographs and presentation are a little disappointing for a car at this pricepoint.

Zoomed in - there looks like some weird photoshopping going on

image.png

I don't understand its shape either.

As for the hole I don't have it either on the S4s, and I have always wondered why there is this boss there, with no evident purpose. Must have been useful on a previous iteration of the Esprit?

Wow, strong money.

Coincidence that odometer mileage 51,000 kms and price EUR 44,950 both convert to circa 39,100.

Should have bought some of these cars 20 years ago instead of a pension pot 🙂

I love these so called motoring “journalists” with all that knowledge they have......you’d have thought they would’ve remembered in their summary, arguably the biggest seller of the range - the Turbo Esprit!
And is it possible to read an article these days, without it containing a typo?! My pet hate.....especially in the world of predictive text and spell check. Lazy proofing....and the link at the bottom of their piece doesn’t work either - words fail me.😤

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

I love these so called motoring “journalists” with all that knowledge they have......you’d have thought they would’ve remembered in their summary, arguably the biggest seller of the range - the Turbo Esprit!
And is it possible to read an article these days, without it containing a typo?! My pet hate.....especially in the world of predictive text and spell check. Lazy proofing....and the link at the bottom of their piece doesn’t work either - words fail me.😤

I wouldn't have bought 2 excellent Alfa Romeos if I'd heeded every word that a motoring journalist had written in Fast Lane back in the 1990s. Laziness isn't just restricted to poor spelling, grammar, and incorrect facts, but also the recycling and perpetuation of clichéd conjecture and opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As usual these so-called journalists have many things wrong, such as weight, tire-dimensions and what not. On to the article in the same webpage, there's a comparison between a Testarossa, a 928S4, a Stevens Esprit Turbo SE, an Aston Vantage. Equally full of errors, making the usual dogmas.

Sigh...

Kind regards,

Jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

For example: out of how many articles, do the so-called journalists claim, that the Stevens Esprit is made of glassfiber (only)?

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2021 at 15:19, DaKa said:

Wow, strong money.

Coincidence that odometer mileage 51,000 kms and price EUR 44,950 both convert to circa 39,100.

Should have bought some of these cars 20 years ago instead of a pension pot 🙂

SOLD within 3 weeks..........my 1990 Esprit Turbo SE..........I still miss her.........😒

A beautiful Lotus Esprit Turbo SE from 1990. This is an original car, delivered in the Netherlands, with only two owners. The second and last owner had already owned the Esprit since 1993 and has always taken excellent care of it. It has never been driven in the winter (salt) and the Esprit has always been inside a garage. Both the interior and exterior are in top condition. The Esprit comes in the original and rare color Steel Blue (A59) - the number of Esprits worldwide in this color can be counted on one hand. The interior is completely in blue-gray leather, with a wooden instrument panel. In short, a legendary sports car in as good as new condition.

Luckily I have my new GT 410 Sport IPS to be consoled........🙂

https://vanderkooisportscars.nl/aanbod/?carnr=14331252-AWD300788115_26824763-31.jpg.e1c675169deb53c3a6266b878455bdec.jpg

1811018333_26824763-01.jpg.ed525b8f1fe2e054459e879e13c4b5a5.jpg