Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 32 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

Ford vs Ferrari,  Looks fantastic,   some great actors in the line up and decent budget by the looks of it , and some lovely cars and soundtrack,  really looking forward to this one,  Think Christian Bale has had some voice coaching of the lead chap in the Peaky Blinders !

A

• 1 month later...

She also prefers women. I was gutted when she came out. However, if she's happy then fair dinkum.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 26/07/2019 at 19:10, Bibs said:

She didn't age well! 

Top-Gun-Kelly-McGillis-in-North-Carolina

For a minute I thought she has 3 hands in that picture?

Not seen many films lately but surprise quality flicks x2 are Stan and Ollie, and Rocketman.

Stan and Ollie; well cast, well acted and some terrific makeup to make the 2 actors look spot on. If you have any background knowledge some of the dialogue between the 2 guys and spouses is spot on. The only shame is the supposed 15 year rift between the two (which has never been mentioned before) is overplayed for dramatic effect, but overall it's a very sweet and affectionate look at these incredibly modest 20th century icons.

Rocketman; I was expecting more truth and honesty with this film than the previous Freddie Mercury biopic, and that was mostly correct. Contrary to the surving members of Queen I don't think old Elton gives a stuff what people think of him back then or especially now. I admit after the credits when it became clear it was going to be a kind of musical I nearly walked out, but soon got drawn into the fun, fear and chaos. If Taron Egerton does not get an award for this film there is no justice.

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Alita Battle Angel. Trailer below for those that don't know it. Mix of CGI and real actors. Brings me out in goosebumps watching the trailer again. I am a geeky Anime fanboy anyway but even for those not into Anime this is absolutely friggin amazing movie. If I could give it more I would 10/10 and then some!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Shazam!

The trailer looked fun and the film didn't disappoint. It felt like a cross between Toby McGuire's "Spiderman" and Tom Hank's "Big", which I think is a compliment.

As long as you wind yourself back to a child like level of expectation this is a nice feelgood movie for all the family (as long as the kids dont mind a few monster head-chomps).

Yeah Loved it too. Even my super hero hating wife loved it.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...

My Wife and I saw Once upon a time in Hollywood yesterday, it was a great film, excellent acting and very amusing, though it did go on a bit in parts.  Watching it you really felt like you were in 1969 Hollywood.  Don’t know why it was an 18, the gory scenes were nothing on his previous films and looked almost comical. It’s definitely worth seeing.

Agree, we saw it last night. I was a bit cautious as QT has made as many stinkers as classics, but his films are always beautifully designed and crafted. As a longtime fan of midcentury design and architecture I was looking forward to his fastidious attention to detail into turning the world back to 1969 and was totally blown away.

I usually have an irrational dislike of modern period drama as I'm always spotting double glazing in Dickens plays or block paving in episodes of George Gently. However this was perfect from corner to corner of the widescreen, you can really see where love and money has been lavished. It's mesmerizing.

As regards the plot it did go on a little but the acting and casting was spot on; Leonardo giving us his usual twitching, simmering pent up energy whilst Brad in his grizzled but cool 50s still looks like the genetic blueprint for the male species (the bastard). I'm always a little edgy about  people re-writing history in movie storylines too, and QT is guiltier of this than most (i.e. Inglorious Basterds) but, without giving too much away, in this film it was hilarious and satisfying.

Its long and not for everyone but its the best thing I've seen in years.

• Like 2

My Wife's Aunt (who happens to be Irish) and her 2 Sisters went to see 'Once upon a Time in Hollywood'

Reported disappointment afterwards as they had expected a 'documentary style' romp through the ages and development of Hollywood.........

I kid you not!

Makes me wonder why film producers don't make trailers.........:wallbash:

• Haha 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Avengers Endgame.......... You F**Kin WHAT? Basteds! Won't spoil it for people who have seen it but..............FFS!

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

...in the Library with the candlestick.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 27/08/2019 at 16:42, oilmagnet477 said:

My Wife's Aunt (who happens to be Irish) and her 2 Sisters went to see 'Once upon a Time in Hollywood'

Reported disappointment afterwards as they had expected a 'documentary style' romp through the ages and development of Hollywood.........

I kid you not!

Makes me wonder why film producers don't make trailers.........:wallbash:

I actually went to see it again; a friend with a spinal injury was given tickets and unsurprisingly didn't relish the thought of sitting for circa 3.5 hours inc ads and trailers....so we gave them a good home.😁

I enjoyed it even more second time around, as I don''t really like surprises, and once you had got QT's little plot quirks out of the way could concentrate even more on the staggering attention to detail and fantastic character performances.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday.

Amazing. Lovely, warm, great story. 9/10

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Le Mans 66

Just got back. Go see it. Just do it. One of the best Films I’ve seen in years. 10/10 

A two and a half hour film but seemed like 60 minutes.

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Just seen Le Mans 66 too.  Absolutely superb film.  Probably the best car movie I've ever seen.  And the on track racing and sounds were amazing.

Did spot a couple of errors, but that's only because I'm a car nerd.  During a presentation to Henry Ford in 1964 they showed the 1966 P3 Ferrari's, in the garage there were 20" rims on the 1965 Shelby Daytona's and Kumho tyres on an MGB.  But forget all that, a brilliant film.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Le Mans 66 a couple of weeks ago at the cinema. First time I’d been in ages.

Thoroughly enjoyed the film despite the inaccuracies (previously mentioned by Mark and Ian), and the usual 132-speed manual gearboxes that all film directors since the dawn of time have been legally-bound to fit to their movie cars.

A must for any petrolhead, and Christian Bale plays a cracking Ken Miles.

Margate Exotics.