Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 191 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

On 06/03/2021 at 21:25, 100th_Idiot said:

The toy.

PXL_20210305_153109087.jpg

Snap, built mine into a “moveable” bbq bench. Got carried away with some old pallets and timber during the lockdown last summer.

04130793-19A6-46D0-8C77-C386D67A25B8.jpeg

• Like 2

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

23 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Slightly concerned you know the price of a decent hooker.

Perhaps not too decent...

• Haha 1

What's a pension? I must admit I am thinking of cashing 2 I have in and just keeping my Company Pension which they pay into as well as me. As far as I can see 2 Pensions of £20k and £27k aren't really growing by much and they are frozen and even when I retire they will only be worth £100 a month at most. I think I should do what my mate has done. Cash them in and invest in a small property to do up or buy that Holiday Apartment we have always wanted.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

A friend just moved his old company pension, the firm paid him a lot more than the current value of his pot. That leaves him free to move it to another pension and so reduce (overall) admin costs and hopefully get a better value when retirement finally arrives.

1 hour ago, oneshot said:

The value of my pension pot over the last 12 months has increased by 13.79% 😎

You prompted me to look at mine - 28.87%!   My provider provides an online dashboard. Very happy with that but obviously a year ago we had the COVID crash.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

#Rubs final salary pension scheme documentation.

Whilst years of service is no longer counting (we now have a separate defined contribution scheme) the final salary part is still linked to my salary.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

What's a pension? I must admit I am thinking of cashing 2 I have in and just keeping my Company Pension which they pay into as well as me. As far as I can see 2 Pensions of £20k and £27k aren't really growing by much and they are frozen and even when I retire they will only be worth £100 a month at most. I think I should do what my mate has done. Cash them in and invest in a small property to do up or buy that Holiday Apartment we have always wanted.

Move them to a collective retirement type of account and get them actively managed and growing. The fee's are low and you could grow them over the next 15 years or so...

£47k now at a manageable 6% growth compounded could be a £115k pot in 15 years.  25% of that as tax free lump sum would give you £28.5k back in a lump sum - you're original investment! With no need for additional deposits but you could add more whenever you could.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just found these whilst idly browsing:

spacer.png

and I think they look superb.

I suggested these to the wife as a Birthday treat for me - she says I've got too much time on my hands.

Maybe I'll suggest them to the kids, Fathers day coming up in June...

• Like 1

Used up all the petrol in my Evora, had to get some more. Roads are lovely and quiet, well, they were until someone thundered past like the horsemen were in pursuit. Got some milk too. :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

8 hours ago, cweeden said:

What diameter stock will that handle?

180 and 300 between centres.

I need to have a look to see if it will meet my requirements, if not it’ll be on eBay, and should make a tidy profit!

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Bagged this lot for a ridiculously good price. Chuffed!

BBB69EC5-58D7-4585-8CCC-BE053508AF55.jpeg

Nice! Fancy turning a new timing pointer for my bell housing for me? 😉

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

27 minutes ago, tomcattom said:

Nice! Fancy turning a new timing pointer for my bell housing for me? 😉

Nothing like getting in early!

Assuming I keep the lathe, then I’d have a look at it.

Margate Exotics.