Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
holidays - Page 2 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

holidays

Beady

We go to Sweden for summer. My wife's cousins own an island in the Archipelago (roughly 1 mile squ). No fuss, no tourists, just plenty of good food, good company and good beer.

Here's the view from the house:

P7250037.jpg

And here's the wifey:

PB220100.jpg

Edited by Mark Blanchard

Most interesting was probably sailing in a small yacht from Whitby to Denmark. Then onto Heligoland and then through the Kiel Canal into the Baltic. Plus a number of other sailing adventures, including the middle of the English Channel to watch a total eclipse. This year, probably the Lake District, due to arrival of new baby....

Like Paul C we are off to NY.

This will be the third time we've been :D Love the place.

We don't mind the travel - we upgrade on the flights so we don't travel with the great unwashed :D

We have a civilised environment - meals on china plates, drinks when we get on board, after meal liqueurs...

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• Gold FFM

Just got back from NYC for our annual Paddy's pilgrimage to see some very good friends (had to move it one week forward due to BA strike threats), popping over to Bermuda for a weekend in May I think, gotta figure out where to fly my daughter for her 16th, then it's our 25th anniversay in November so we're looking at Australia or maybe... ANTIGUA! Can't get enough of the place.

Oh, and a quick jaunt to Denmark is on the cards. More of a working holiday, that one! :D

My anorak aim in life is to visit every US state. 28 so far...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

This year don't know for sure but east. Really far east. Thinking of Singapore for a few days as my happy hunting grounds in the 70's and early 80's on ships in dry docks there. Much transformed I appreciate. Then on somewhere else. Considering Bali. Anybody got ideas in Bali or elsewhere? Want luxury and relax, not eating dog flavoured chicken on a stick or anything. Been there done that over the years! It will be Sept and just waiting to top up some of my frequent flyer miles to tip past 200K so somebody can have her Business Class flights that she has become accustomed to, since I brought her to Brazil up the sharp end. Big mistake. Can't fly long haul any other way now apparently thumbup.gif

Great holidays were same resort as Bibs & Laura did in Antigua (St. James Club) which we loved a couple of years ago but simply nothing beats the Maldives last October. For those asking for Maldivian suggestion look at Lilly Beach (platinum all inclusive). Outstanding and we have done many all inclusives all over the world. In fact it was so good we are finding it hard to come up with places to go now. We are even looking at maybe a week there on the way back from Singapore it was so good. I generally hate just beach holidays and like places where something else to do as well but have to make exception with Maldives although I suppose I did go and do my PADI cert which kept me out of the bar at least some of the time. Brilliant.

We were in a water villa on left

post-7988-126818420048_thumb.jpg

post-7988-126818424574_thumb.jpg

A really busy day on the beach

post-7988-126818427805_thumb.jpg

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Oh, and i forgot to mention that based on my dislike of being hot, in the sun and long journeys.

Me and Vicki are planning to go on holiday, with Bibs and Laura to...

Mercury wasn't it?

:D

Planet_Mercury_3D_Screensaver_32482.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

We don't mind the travel - we upgrade on the flights so we don't travel with the great unwashed :D

We have a civilised environment - meals on china plates, drinks when we get on board, after meal liqueurs...

the only way to fly, Renu and I always travel business class where we can, what a difference, depending on airline you get chauffer drive to the airport, lounge with free food and drinks at the airport, priority boarding, top service on board, lie flat seats on longer flights, more leg room, amenity kits, and the better airlines now have premium terminals at their hubs, usually with showers free internet, food drinks etc.

the real confirmation for me was last year when we were delayed leaving Delhi due to fog, we missed our connection in Doha, so Qatar put us up in a 5 star hotel with meal vouchers and free phone calls till the next Manchester flight.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are off to sunny Malta, 1st real holiday in 5 years, going to a posh apartment in Mellieha which is owned by my boss. I was last there 30 years ago and loved the place, people are so laid back they are horizontal, 10 days away from the M25, speed cameras, central London, I cant wait. then in September we will be spending a week in the Somme...........superb

my grandfather spent some time at the Somme, thought it was no holiday when he was there...have good time

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

my grandfather spent some time at the Somme, thought it was no holiday when he was there...have good time

I/We have relatives that served on the Somme Battlefields and are still there, I have managed to find quite a few by looking through the CWGC web site, three I found on the Thiepval memorial have no known grave, more importantly the peace and quiet is quite deafening its like an age removed, we stay in a Gite on a farm near Auchonvillers built over a front line trench. I swear that one night I heard voices waling down the road but when I looked out there was no one there, but thats another story...............

Off Skiing Tomorrow.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I/We have relatives that served on the Somme Battlefields and are still there, I have managed to find quite a few by looking through the CWGC web site, three I found on the Thiepval memorial have no known grave, more importantly the peace and quiet is quite deafening its like an age removed, we stay in a Gite on a farm near Auchonvillers built over a front line trench. I swear that one night I heard voices waling down the road but when I looked out there was no one there, but thats another story...............

We visited the Thiepval Memorial a few years ago, before they built the visitors centre, and we were quite unprepared for how emotional we were. You see the memorial from miles away and it looks so small but when you get up close it is much larger than you can imagine and we were staggered by the thousand upon thousands of names on the faces of the piers. We found the names of my Great Uncle and my wife's Great Uncle on the piers.

We are driving to Switzerland in May and stopping overnight at Arras so will pop into Thiepval and check out the new visitors centre. September/October we are off the Switzerland again but this time in the Evora and plan to do a few mountain passes.

The best holiday was our trip to Australia and the highlight of that was an evening croc spotting from a boat on Yellow Waters in Kakadu National Park. Magical

DSC00011.jpgDSC00014.jpg

DSC00020.jpgDSC00016.jpg

My Holiday this year......., well, i normally do not take one, as I even had to get a passport especially to come to Canada!

this year, still here, so my mom is coming over here for 3 weeks from mid June.(but i can only drive her for 2 of them due to work)

The plan is Calgary (1 night) to Edmonton (2 nights) to the Colombian Ice fields

then to Banff/ Lake Louise,(2 nights) then down to Yellowstone (2 nights) then I was thinking back to Calgary for a night and fly to Vegas for a few nights and take in a heli tour over the canyon?

then, back to Calgary, pop down to see places like 'head smashed in buffalo jump' and then head to Medicine Hat, so Mom can have a week of rest from all the traveling :thumbup:

What do you think?

Dave

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Hey Everyone,

My holidays will start with me getting married in Ocho Rios Jamaica in mid April this year. We wil be there for 2 weeks. Come June, we are up into Montreal for the F1 race. That brings us to the summer where friends and I rent a place in Avalon, NJ (New Jersey shore) so we head there most weekends...this would be south jersey shore not like the ones on the mtv show...lol.

That's what i got so far....gets me through the summer...I need to plan some good trips for next winter. I am trying to get in as much as possible before the wife starts the kid conversations!!!

Jason

Edited by jfitz981

• 3 years later...

Laura & I returned this week from 7 days in Port El Kantaoui in Tunisia. We stayed in the El Mouradi Palm Marina which was very nice and even got a free upgrade to a suite, happy days! Would recommend the country, we had a lovely time! :thumbsup:

PANO_20130526_190328.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Liz an' I dream of goin' on 'oliday........

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Sparky will be happy - we are off to Florida flying on the "World's favourite Airline" . As usual

will be turning left on entering the plane :)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Admittedly it depends on the door you enter through and also the plane configuration! Needless to say I won't be flying the plane!

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I took this yesterday and there's something vaguely comforting about looking out the window at 38,000 feet above frozen sea ice and seeing the words Rolls Royce.

post-87-0-63087800-1370122571.jpg

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Gold FFM

Especially when it's hanging off a BA wing :-)

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

777 from LHR to SAN.  Usually do the 744 from LAX but I really enjoyed the ease of getting in and out of SAN.  Only downside of departing SAN is the lack of a BA lounge, and the AA one they use is kind of lacking in facilities but the AA folks who work there are fantastic. 

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Any suggestions for a nice peaceful, totally grief free break in August? 

Mrs and kids want sun... can't do Italy, ( eldest goes there with the school in July ), don't fancy long haul, ( I hate flying ), South of France seems favourite despite it being peak holiday season and the place packed to the gills.

All help much appreciated, it's getting fraught in these parts!  :help:

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• 2 weeks later...

Considered Corsica ? Had annual hols there last week.  It`s like the South of France but emptier, many deserted beaches, lovely food, definitely more peaceful. Downside ?  Not so much for kids to do except eat massive ornate ice cream sundaes, be prepared for lots of reckless overtaking on mountain - road  bends if you drive (as we did).