Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 27 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF!

Looks like a very nice project 😎. Hope it wont be long before you can fully enjoy driving her.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Very nice. You’ve come to the right place. That’s a lovely spec with colour and interior and it looks complete and original. It’s a lot of work but the reward is well worth it. I am sure it will end up being a beautiful looking car when finished. Good luck with it. 

I’m a bit late on adding to the 520/wolfrace chat, my 520 (owned 33years) had some obscure alloy wheels fitted which I was none to keen on, luckily the local salvage yard had a burnt out Elite and I fitted the wheels from that, can’t for the life of me remember wether I changed the hubs ... probably did

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/08/2020 at 23:25, Matt C said:

This is the cool sticker that is on the inside of the windshield on my Eclat.  The car shows 28k miles, so it is pretty surprising it wasn't removed after the break-in period. The windshield is unfortunately cracked and will have to be replaced, I'll have to find a way to preserve the sticker.

Lotus Windshield Sticker.jpg

I had this same decal in my S1 Esprit TNR160R, if you can get the screen out in one then get it scanned and printed as I’m sure they would sell well.

I would certainly buy a couple.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks great.

Whereabouts are you based Shaun? - would be great to have another Excel at our monthly meets if you are in the region.

Chris

Shaun. Nice photos. Interested in the black full width dash panels. Looks really good. Is that standard on your model Year? 

I've got a 92 MY Excel, which as standard was completely brown inside (Lotus called it Gold!!!) with the exception of the instrument binnacle. 

Tony 

3 hours ago, pbharcourt said:

Head over to the Hampshire group and introduce yourself, you would be very welcome when we get to meet up again😁

It would be good to see another 4 seater at a meeting!

Will do 👍

2 hours ago, Tony D said:

Shaun. Nice photos. Interested in the black full width dash panels. Looks really good. Is that standard on your model Year? 

I've got a 92 MY Excel, which as standard was completely brown inside (Lotus called it Gold!!!) with the exception of the instrument binnacle. 

Tony 

Hi Tony, there is actually an interesting story about the all black dashboard. The car was orignally destined for Australia and the buyer specified the black dash as he was concerned about screen reflections in the bright Australian sun. The order was subsequently cancelled for some reason and the car was never shipped there. Instead it became a demonstrator at a UK dealer. It was signed off production in 1989 bit wasn't actually UK registered until May 1990. According to the Lotus certificate of provenance mine is the only car ever to have been specified with a magnolia interior and completely black dashboard.

Edited by shaunw

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, EXCEL V8 said:

You think they would have re-shot the failing-to-retract headlight bit!! 😄

I noticed that, but it wouldn't be an early wedge if they behaved perfectly. 

I call it character. I've thought about electric conversion for my Elite resto, but as I'm aiming for originality, I've decided they should stay as Vacuum. It wouldn't be the same if I knew they did what they should everytime.

Tony 

• Like 1
  • Love 1