Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 232 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

On 06/08/2023 at 09:50, Phaeton91 said:

I keep my Evora covered on the drive in bad weather.

5am this morning.  Never seen this before.  Any ideas for how to prevent it happening again.

I haven’t uploaded the video but the sound of their feet on it when they ran off was not very nice.

IMG_5559.png

You need to get some hounds.

Can you put a camera on the rear pointing at the roof please @pat_t and let me know your departure time so I have my popcorn and coke ready for the live stream?

By the way, the wheels look lovely!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Already driven it at 70, it's fine. There's YouTube videos of Lamborghini's going 165mph with these suction mounts and they don't come off.  I guess none of you have seen this chap either:

image.png.1189ace4ce111de3c173dcf3a56ad746.png

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/adventure/red-line/testing-a-roof-rack-at-230-kmh-it-really-sucks-and-thats-a-good-thing/article32620641/

But keep on keyboard warrioring. ⚔️😆👍🏼

Probably, think it's in the US where they're probably a bit more relaxed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqLOfFou5z4/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

There's another chap running around with one on in the US too, he doesn't seem to be having any issues either. The bars are rated for 75kg or so but I can't see me putting more than 25-30kg worth of stuff up there tops. I got the box and bars on eBay and gave it a fresh coat of paint. Pretty cheap mod really and it all goes on and off in under 5 minutes. Would be good for Skis too! 👍🏼

That ^^^^ As usual @Bibs you hit the nail on the head.  The Evora roof is a thin, non structural, piece of composite, glued in place, that deflects considerably if you as much as sneeze on it.

I'm sure that @pat_t will be fine for the odd use, but given at 70mph that roof box will be trying to launch itself off the roof like a shuttle off the 747 I'd worry about the potential for stress cracks long term. However, each to their own and what I do with my car others wouldn't etc.

Could the space shuttle ever launch from the back of a 747 ...

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

And for added excitement tonight take a torch to bed!

Edited by Bravo73

The small print.