Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 80 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

BMW E92 ABS warning, necessitating replacement of driveshafts - in itself, outrageous.  Worse is the fact that I have the rear hub assembly off the car now, and have put incredible heat, 20 tons of pressure and a sledgehammer into it, and the shaft will not come out of the hub.  I despise BMWs.

• Sad 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

Funerals are funny things sometimes. You spend an hour listening to someone you don't know reading out a description that doesn't tally with your experience at all, then there's an afternoon making small talk with family and other people you haven't seen for over thirty years and are expected to know who they are. Oh well.

Anyway, bye Dad.

• Sad 1

Very sorry to read that, Graham. Tough time.

Another thing that made me sad was last Friday we had to have our chocolate Labrador put to sleep.  We got her in 2004 from Palmdale when we lived in southern California.  She did a fair amount of flying for a per dog as she flew to North Carolina when we moved to Mooresville, then to the Bay Area when we moved there, then to Indianapolis and finally to England when the family moved back in 2012.  She used to love playing in the surf at Mavericks Beach.  In fact, like a typical labrador, she liked everything and everyone but she couldn't have higher doses of pain medecine, her back legs kept giving way and tumours had developed on her skin so we had no choice.  Makes the house seem empty as David and Danny know.

• Sad 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

On 22/05/2019 at 21:26, Advantage said:

Funerals are funny things sometimes. You spend an hour listening to someone you don't know reading out a description that doesn't tally with your experience at all, then there's an afternoon making small talk with family and other people you haven't seen for over thirty years and are expected to know who they are. Oh well.

Anyway, bye Dad.

Sorry for your loss, lost my Dad earlier this year as posted in this thread. For various reasons we had a wait of nearly 5 weeks for the funeral. It took a few days to sink in but I found that the wake really did give me closure after a pretty tough couple of months.

On 18/07/2010 at 11:09, Mark Blanchard said:

A mates new girlfriend asked if my car was Knightrider's car. Then to add unsult to injuring she asked if it was a kit car. She wasn't joking either. She then said it looked like a lego car and she said she didn't like it. I know some ladies aren't really into cars so I can vaguely understand, but she didn't make a good first impression!

But did she have nice Norks 😍

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Here's my car insults after nearly 5 years of ownership:

1.  It looks like a Fiero?  I was afraid to ask 1st generation (the absolute worst) or the 2nd generation?  At least the 2nd gen isn't as horrific as the first.

2.  I got the "kit" car while parked at Walmart.  I let the guy know that was an inappropriate remark.  He knew that I was not happy.  He tried to back peddle his comment, but he ended up digging a deeper pit of despair.  Very uncomfortable for both of us in the end.

The not so bad comment:

1.  Reminds me of an MR2.  I actually wanted an Supercharged MR2 when I was 18 (oh so many years ago).

Overall, most people are very interested and like seeing the car on the road aside from that state trooper last year.  Ticket falls off in 2 weeks.  

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Took the roof off the exige, figured I'd enjoy the sun for today - all good.

Get home, decide it's not smart to leave the car with no roof outdoors overnight etc.
Pick up the roof, go to put it on and gravity pulls off the rear seal. No biggy, just stick it back on right? WRONG. Tape is not sticky enough anymore. Running out of day light I just decided to stick new doublesided tape ontop and put the roof on that way. Seal sticks, barely.

All bolts done up as usual, roof isn't sitting right, and now both windows let water in. I guess it's tomorrows job to fiddle with it for hours, or just take it to the dealer and shout warranty at them until its fixed hahaha.

Problem is, both my local dealers use another franchise and piggy back - not really up to scratch when it comes to servicing. As an example, the one place put my new tyres on, and stacked wheel weights on top of eachother instead of using a proper weight. Lucky it didn't foul my caliper! 

Closest place that is decent is B&C - a good 90 mins away.

• Gold FFM

Annoyed myself massively earlier. Caught a sticking out rock and ever-so slightly (tire escaped fine) marked the nearside rear Evora alloy. 🙁

• Sad 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Was driving down the M40 this evening. Poor bugger in the inside lane in a Cobra (and not one with a roof). Didn’t look happy. Should have listened to the weather forecast. :unsure:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

10 hours ago, Colin P said:

Was driving down the M40 this evening. Poor bugger in the inside lane in a Cobra (and not one with a roof). Didn’t look happy. Should have listened to the weather forecast. :unsure:

The main reason I sold mine after 26 years.

Margate Exotics.

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

Whole house is flooded inside under 2 inches of very suspect water. Not ideal. 

That's a bugger Bibs, looked like it was just the drive. Hope you get it sorted without too much bother. At least it's clean water. I've seen too often what backed up drains looks like.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Thanks folks. 2 loss adjuster coming around tomorrow but could be an entire renovation with the amount of water that made it in. The whole house had 2-3 inches throughout. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Thanks folks. 2 loss adjuster coming around tomorrow but could be an entire renovation with the amount of water that made it in. The whole house had 2-3 inches throughout. 

Bloody hell - really sorry to here this. Has this happened before?

• Gold FFM

I know how deeply unpleasant that is mate, my parents house had a burst pipe in the loft whilst we were out came through everything and that was clean water, good luck hopefully you got most stuff out of the way before it happened. 

I genuinely have never known rain like yesterday heavy and persistent for 24 odd hours.