Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 88 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Need to go into London today. Militant South West Trains workers on strike all month so my usual bud and tube are like sardines. Also daughter having fun going the other way to school. 
these people in monopoly jobs need a touch of the real world. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Just wait until Corbyn gets in. The young people who are flocking to his free gravy train are in for a shock when they see it come off the rails.  I'm battening down the hatches as Brexit will be like a tea party compared to what that muppet will inflict on us all.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

57 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Just wait until Corbyn gets in. The young people who are flocking to his free gravy train are in for a shock when they see it come off the rails.  I'm battening down the hatches as Brexit will be like a tea party compared to what that muppet will inflict on us all.

I see what you did there.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I am not sure where to put this one (BREXIT, Vegan, here, etc..) - but it is important. We are worried that we are destroying the Amazon for Beef. Well here is one for the Remainers. The EU recently signed a trade agreement to increase the import of Beef from Amazonian (mercosur) countries so we are now getting this:

UK stamps on it, Produced in the UK, yet reared and slaughtered in Brazil. Awful labelling from Iceland Foods, this could easily be mistaken for British quality yet reality is it could be anything, no traceability, no vet med records and possibly full of hormones. Disgusting! Also in this day and age where food miles are now being looked at and the damage to the environment caused by livestock farming apparently how much of this imported meat is the British farming industry taking the flack for, this is pretty much classed as British beef. The carbon footprint of this steak will be huge compared to our home grown beef that is far superior quality. Cheap is not cheerful, check the labels carefully when you shop.

Well done the EU contributing to stuffing the British farms, the environment and the climate - They really do not care in the slightest. Amazingly the recent BBC omitted this in it's Meat program preferring to tar British Farms with the same brush as the USA and Brazil. I just don't get how can label food as being from the UK when it's from Brazil, I really can understand why people are going Vegan when this sort of thing is being sanctioned by our bureaucrats - money and vested interests trumps everything.

No photo description available.

Bloody hell hadn't noticed that - So it was slaughtered in Brazil, Frozen in Brazil, shipped to UK, Cut in the UK as stated on the label- So was defrosted cut and then refrozen  in the UK - so is the frozen date the first freeze date of the 2nd? Not sure I would want to eat that meat 🤮.

• Gold FFM

Catering company for offshore just ordered 200 tons of chicken meat from Hungary. Comes boxed with the UK flag on the lid. I kid you not.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, march said:

Bloody hell hadn't noticed that - So it was slaughtered in Brazil, Frozen in Brazil, shipped to UK, Cut in the UK as stated on the label- So was defrosted cut and then refrozen  in the UK - so is the frozen date the first freeze date of the 2nd? Not sure I would want to eat that meat 🤮.

Probably cut frozen, then simply repackaged.

• Like 1

Got up at 5:45 this morning to catch the train to go to Newmarket to collect my Esprit from GST.

Arrived at the station for the 06:24. At 06:23, announcement - train cancelled - not enough staff - grrr…………………………

So instead of arriving in Newmarket at 08:08, I was now going to be there an hour later, which was no good as it's an hour's drive back home and I was needed to be elsewhere from 10am for sports. Then discovered that there are no trains from Cambridge to Newmarket this weekend, engineering works, so would have had to take the replacement bus.

4 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Got up at 5:45 this morning to catch the train to go to Newmarket to collect my Esprit from GST.

Arrived at the station for the 06:24. At 06:23, announcement - train cancelled - not enough staff - grrr…………………………

So instead of arriving in Newmarket at 08:08, I was now going to be there an hour later, which was no good as it's an hour's drive back home and I was needed to be elsewhere from 10am for sports. Then discovered that there are no trains from Cambridge to Newmarket this weekend, engineering works, so would have had to take the replacement bus.

And politicians wonder why people won't get out of their cars and onto public transport.   😠😠

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

It gets better. :)

Just after I wrote the previous post I checked the train times If I caught the 15:56 to Cambridge, arriving at 16:54, the replacement bus service to Newmarket would get me there for 17:30. Job Done ..... Oh no it wasn't.

First part was fine, arrived at Cambridge on time, went and asked where to catch the bus. Not from here, had to go to Cambridge North (one stop up the line) - this a replacement bus for the Cambridge to Ipswich service.

Train due into the platform in 5 minutes or so - which it did. Got on the train, and waited for it to leave.... and waited.... and waited. 20 minutes later, an announcement, sorry we are waiting for a driver and we don;t know where he is. (2nd time in one day no train due to staff shortages).

OK, Norwich train due in shortly (late arrival), switched to this one, and off we go to Cambridge North.

Got out and there are no staff, just a sign pointing to Replacement Bus - somewhere to the left as you get out of the station - not at the bus stop,, but somewhere dark and dingy.. I'm the only one there.

20 minutes later some more passengers arrive and then glory be a coach turned up at the bus stop - the driver confirmed that this was the replacement bus, but that he didn't know if he was to do any more runs and he would check with the station staff - who were nowhere to be seen.

20 minutes later he comes out and drives the bus to the dark and dingy place where we get on ... and wait.

An elderly women approaches the driver and asks where we are going in Newmarket - when told the station (where else?), she says that she has the flu and would the driver mind dropping her off at home rather than the station. Eventually we left, and sure enough he dropped her off at home and then proceeded to drive onto the road that leads to GST - but going the other way, back into town.

At this point he stopped - as I think he was lost and didn't know the way to the station from where we were. Another passenger said would the driver mind if he got off as his house was 50 yds away. I got off as well and phoned Gerald, who picked me up 5 minutes later. The bus was still in view.

All worth it in the end, as we got back home - 5 hours after we left

y4m2jAqQ7BoUBE48S8lNRy-axnV-WUgVIUetHMER

• Like 1

Keep saying it doesn’t help.... does it Chris... 😉🤔👍

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• Gold FFM

Pete was far more interested in showing his wood today.  I must say it was most impressive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2019 at 09:43, Bibs said:

14 weeks on and they started work on the interior of the house only to find Asbestos tiles throughout so I've got a company over next week to deal with that. This is how they've left it once they found the suspect tiles!

Nice!

Contents claim was settled last week in full. I made an official complaint to Legal and General and the full offer to settle was made the next morning! They asked if I'd like to close the complaint now that was done but I'm not willing to do that. I now also have an official complaint in against the buildings insurance company too. Too many delays with no good reasons. I'm very patient, but they've been incompetent and negligent in my opinion now. 

Well, thankfully not me, but my Niece's sister-in-law (or would be if married) were due to move a few days before Christmas. having sold their place in Kent, relocating to Norfolk, so had a rental place in Kent moving to rental in Norfolk while they look for the property to buy. The day they were due to move, the downstairs was flooded by the rain. So not just stuff that would normally be at /near floor height, but everything that was boxed / prepared, and not just stuff that would normally be on the ground floor. 

I suppose the good part is at least they don't have to deal with property damage, just contents.

6 hours ago, jbuenavides said:

Thinking about how my 4-year relationship comes to an end stresses me out. 

Having been through similar recently ( 5.5 years ) all I can say is it gets better. Cliche as hell but just give it time.

Go for a drive, meet up with friends. Buy the stuff you were holding back on. 

50 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Go for a drive, meet up with friends. Buy the stuff you were holding back on

I'm just on 25 years married. 23 years longer than the first one lol.

We've lasted so long because unlike the first one, the second one is happy for me to see my friends. Go out for drives and buy what I like when I like. I give her the same respect and freedom.

End it.quickly if it's not working for either of you. It's the kindest thing to do for both of you. Another old cliche but the sea is full of fishes, the right one is out there. An even older cliche is life is just too short to be unhappy!

Good luck.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!