Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Freescan Software & Manual Download - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Freescan Software & Manual Download

Some_Chap

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 months later...

That link no longer work. Any one have an updated link, or can email it to me?

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yup, just tried it. All good.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Hi, I tried this yesterday & it took me to a fileshare website that stated it had been downloaded too many times as well.

Tried it just now ( right click & open in new tab &) it opened the freescan manual straight away.

Excellent ;-)

Phil.

Hi, I tried this yesterday & it took me to a fileshare website that stated it had been downloaded too many times as well.

Tried it just now ( right click & open in new tab &) it opened the freescan manual straight away.

Excellent ;-)

Phil.

This procedure worked, thanks!

• 2 years later...

Amazing, I just read through the manual and then installed freescan on my home PC. I did not know that the Esprit had a ECU to computer interface and I much less expected someone to have written a free piece of software to communicate with the oem ECU over said interface :) What an amazing community !

Now I can't wait to get my car and do some datalogging ;)

Steven

• 2 years later...

Are you clicking the link for the manual or the program? The manual is working fine as I've just tried it, the exe file you'll need to download (right click and use the download option, whatever that's called on your PC) as your browser can't run an exe file.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, racy7 said:

I get the message "system cannot find specified file"

What OS have you downloaded it onto, I thing it was written on Windows NT. 🙄

Cheers,

John W

That generally means the Freescan software is trying to connect to a non existent serial port, if you are using a USB lead ( which as far as windows is concerned is a serial device ) I would guess the USB driver has changed the serial port. Try changing the serial port (com) otherwise it might mean some settings need checking with the USB driver.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Sanj... long time since we talked. Please let me know it there is a safe functioning latest Freescan dowload for my 90SE. I have all the hardware needed and ready to try it but none of the downloads available from the web.  A version of Espritmon destroyed my computer by corrupting the Windows system ..Lost everything on the HD recovering it.  Very frustrating.  Beggining to think this elusive Freescan is a myth. 

This is the version I use: Freescan

But to be fair I prefer Espritmon. Never had any trouble (apart from getting the comport right), it does have a tendency to keep running in the background even after you've closed the window, so I always double check it is properly shut down before moving on.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 months later...

I've been using Freescan on a very old Windows 95 laptop. The nicad battery has been flat for years, but plugged-in it works great. 

For the first time since 2002 when I bought my 91SE, I've just got a Check Engine light and Freescan shows the error #41 Engine Speed Signal Missing. Gosh that's a great program! 

It appears intermittent, but not on & off quickly, but more like it's on when I start and warm up and drive 3 miles to a store. Then, it goes off after a short period when starting it again and stays off all the wsy back to the house. That happened this weekend too... On while driving 5 miles, parked for 10 minutes, then start up again and stays off for a while.

The EMH Service Notes show procedures for diagnosing each error code, but on #41, apparently the engine speed is retrieved through the DI Module (ignition coil assembly). It suggests the problem is either an intermittent wire, failed DO Module or a failed ECU... ew. 

Anyone ever get this #41 error code and solved it? 

Cheers!

Mark (91SE) Wiens