Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 11 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

• Gold FFM

I got a laugh out of the sodium and eel salesman bit. Surely someone else thought that was amusing at least?

Didn't mind the hatchback comparison. The rugby thing they have done before, but it was soccer I think (or football as you guys call it in the UK)

Not sure about the Mastretta. Just kept thinking elise.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased.

Actually, I know what it is. There is NOTHING else that is even remotely worth watching on tv over here.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

For some reason I thought it was the best of the new season. Thumbs up to James May for standing in the path of that unmanned super truck... that thing was scary! Ok so it's more a comedy show these days than a car show but it's more entertaining than 5th Gear. 

Now where's the  :censored: ing Exige S and Evora Sports Racer???

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

This show was below par again, recycling previous ideas just isnt going down well and new script writers are needed or is it time for a new presenter. I would let Hammond go and bring in someone new. I wonder if manufacturers are holding back on giving them cars to review because their dicking about image and stupid remarks can damage a new models' brand appeal.

It's obvious from the thread here and on piston heads that there are cars that people want to see driven but they are just not doing them. Maybe the BBC budget is to small to make enough segments with more cars especially when they are doing all this stuff in the US. Two so far in this series.

I can see it be canned if it does not improve.

I quite enjoyed it.  I was feling a bit tired and needed cheering up, which it did.

Everyone knows it lost being a car programme years ago so I just enjoy it for what it is.

• Gold FFM

Just finished watching ep 5. You guys are tough critics. That was alright. Sheesh.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Just alright is not what we expect of Top Gear......BUT!!!

This week is the Xmas Special people! Pleeeeaaasseeee be good! I think they do a driving through an equatorial region in normal family cars deal....At least I know Hammond is in a Scooby.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

That was my thought too Bibs. Weird time for a Christmas special.

Must say I enjoyed Top Gear last night - although I have a slight advantage advantage in that I lived there for 11 years. I was good to hear them all being complimentary about Uganda, as it really is a fantastic country, and the weather is perfect at 25-28 degrees all year round. If anyone wants to visit, drop me a PM.

Yes,traffic in Kampala can get that bad, although mostly in only a few locations.

Strange how in both locations where they "slept", there was a really good hotel not very far away.

For the night camping in Queen Elizabeth National Park, it was about 200 yds away (Mweya Safari lodge), and for the first night in Fort Portal, about a mile away (Mountains of the Moon). Both of them are excellent hotels, having stayed in them a number of times.

Hope next week's episode is as enjoyable.

Chris

• Gold FFM

Oh yes - Iain May has done the last 4 series and gets a credit every week! ;)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

This is what Top Gear is about. Really enjoying it and they seem to have learned their lessons from the India Fiasco and are just doing a driving show.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Not laughed that hard at TG since the USA Florida Special!! Truely excellent!!

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Here it comes for season 20 - Sunday 30th June

http://jalopnik.com/top-gear-filming-its-most-ambitious-shoot-yet-549516164?autoplay=1

Nice vid but had to wait for 3 minutes to see a proper car!

photo-417.jpg

Somebodies been eating all the pies ;)

Can't see too much being offered from Norfolk on preview pics. :(

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Think I am more surprised that we are getting 2 series in one year for the first time in ages - TG had become an annual event

Edited by Nelly9000

Just watched episode 1 of the new season and I have to say I loved the race!!!!

Not so much for the cocking about ... but it did take me back to New Zealand and not just that... the race was from the Coromandel Peninsula and all the way up to Bay of Islands... This is epicly gorgeous ... It made my eyes water! I was lucky enough to drive some of these roads a few years back - not as manicly as Jezza - and they are epic, all of them and the 90 mile beach road is something that I missed and now very deeply regret... I want back to New Zealand now... Real bad. 

This episode was a good one imo... The small hatch contest was ok and brings a perspective on the paddle shifter in smaller cars debate... Probably not as fun and engaging but much faster even if the gearbox is not set up properly...

Opting for the Vauxhall Asta as the new small hatch... GM Euorpe must really be in a huge trouble to go to that length to get some airtime for their car....And surprizingly it did not beat the time of the previous reasonably priced car laptimes.

Edited by NedaSay

• Gold FFM

Yeah, I've done that drive from Auckland all the way up - wonderful.  I miss NZ too, and keep trying to persuade the missus to come with me.  She'll crack in the end...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 3 weeks later...