Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Harris - Page 9 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Harris

1 hour ago, Spinney said:

As for the Exige though - really, you can’t spec the LSD???

Not from the factory, no. And yes, it is an identical gearbox to the Evora. (The usual excuses are ‘understeer, cost, weight’ blah, blah, blah). 

The irony is that if LMS were still around, they would’ve happily fitted one for a customer. 

On 10/04/2018 at 23:24, PaulCP said:

Without doubt he can certainly put a car through its paces. His arrogance however has increased since his role on Top Gear. The fact that the BBC took on a guy with the personality and looks of a Meerkat speaks volumes for how desperate they were after the Clarkson fiasco

Back to the theme of thread, and apologies for coming late, so far this has been a good read and a few laughs,thanks PAR.

I rather like Harris pre TOP GEAR but I am starting to thing he is turning into another Clarkson ( the show needed one to survive) but dare I say it with less gibberish. I for one wanted him to do a story on the 400, but now I know why, but even 3 years down the track I think I would still like him to as from the article he wrote in Jalopnik, hes made his mind up and sour grapes has set in.

The irony even Jalopnik published this article about the 400 which for me comes from a Journalist in the US who knows a little about LOTUS and came to following conclusion.

https://jalopnik.com/the-lotus-evora-400-is-the-best-track-car-i-have-ever-d-1784855962

"A McLaren 570S could not do this. Nor could a Porsche 911 GT3. And yet the Evora 400 will do it again and again throughout the course of the day, and it will do it in crippling heat. The brakes don’t fade. The tires don’t go away. It is the Sebastian Coe of track cars. It is, quite simply, the best street car I’ve ever driven on track, bar none."

R&T know a few things about cars and in 2017 the 400 came second, year I know send might as well be last from a memory perspective but second against the new NSX is exceptional praise indeed

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a31275/2017-performance-car-of-the-year/

"Two of our 10 voters chose the Lotus Evora 400 for first place. "The car that I had to be pulled out of because I wouldn't get out otherwise. The winner for me," Okulski says. Alone in our group, the Evora offers traditional proportions, tidy exterior dimensions, and the close-coupled cockpit that was considered an essential component of a sporting vehicle for the entirety of automotive history prior to the turn of the century. It makes everything else on the market look obese and gluttonous. Fully deserving of the ACBC badge on its nose, this brave and charming two-plus-two is perhaps the finest over-the-road enthusiast vehicle available for sale at any price."

Edited by au-yt

21 hours ago, Advantage said:

His latest comment, this time about the Driftmas video. He really is a monumental cock and thankfully one or two of the replies are calling him out.

Harrislotuschristmas.jpg.6a4275faaf6fb8171586d2cc7c584d4f.jpg

This doesn't help, combined with the Jalpnik article.

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

https://jalopnik.com/how-auto-journalism-fails-when-nationalism-gets-involve-1686723025

He basically says the Evora 400 is shit and will never be as good as a Porsche without even driving one. Not really the work of a classy journalist.

A moronic article, I brought him up on this article via twitter a few years back and was promptly blocked.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Knob Jockey

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

FTFY

FTFY both

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Spinney said:

You may not like him but is that strictly necessary?

No. But then are his inane and prejudiced posts against Lotus cars necessary? It's merely an attempt at sarcastic humour based on my own personal perception of the person, based upon his posts as a very influential journalist and personality, by me (who is be every definition a non influential nobody) as opposed to any statement of fact or inference or slander etc.

Mods please feel free to delete and censor if it breaks any house rules.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Whether his posts aimed at Lotus are necessary or not, I hardly think childish name calling of that sort helps.

One of the reasons I prefer this forum over the playground is because it doesn’t normally degenerate into such inane comments. 

I'll get my coat and bugger off then. Bye.

The small print.

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, Spinney said:

, I hardly think childish name calling of that sort helps.

One of the reasons I prefer this forum over the playground is because it doesn’t normally degenerate into such inane comments. 

Yes it does, yes it does, yes it doooeees, NEH NEH NEH NEH NEH, your mum in a space suit.😁

One thing Lotus needs to be careful of is the power of there continuous gas-lighting Harris has been doing. He also had the same issue with Ferrari, and heaven forbid, if he makes these type of comments about Lotus from here on, as the Chinese and in this case Hr Geely, as they don't want to loose face, and they get quite serious, and writing this makes me think this may have contributed to no invites. If he ever visits china , he will get a knock on the door in the middle of the night.

• Gold FFM

I wonder how many followers he gets going on about the same issues without knowing whether he is correct or not?

In a way, even his negative comments get people thinking about Lotus and possibly going to a dealer to see what he is on about? Not that they could prove the 'one tire fire' comment on a test drive.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

16 minutes ago, KAS-118 said:

He's an awful journalist and on Top Gear comes across more wooden than Pinocchio.

If their noses grew each time they fibbed, none of them could get in  car

Edited by au-yt

29 minutes ago, ramjet said:

I wonder how many followers he gets ... without knowing whether he is correct or not?

Knowing what you're talking about is irrelevant in this brave new world.

• Haha 1