Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 96 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I mainly got to know the Cortina thanks to Goodwood revival and those intense races where some guys send them down the track like hell. 

It's actually the first one I see in the flesh in many years. 

Edited by rallyesax

29 minutes ago, Jason is Chasing said:

I seen a Cortina with a friend, and I honestly didn't even know Lotus had anything to do with it, until he educated me, brilliant shots, and amazing it's still in track time condition

Ford and Lotus used to go together like rama-langa ding-dong....sadly the GT Le Mans (60s) project was not given to Lotus. 

Ex-Lotus employees Duckworth and Costin did leave Ford (and Lotus) with a decent legacy.

Justin 

• Like 2

On 03/10/2020 at 15:41, rallyesax said:

IMG_20201003_095719.thumb.jpg.153ceb4801c26e5a600763d21d96b16c.jpgIMG_20201003_095741.thumb.jpg.6666a2382163c1032c10b0a701181ebe.jpgIMG_20201003_095800.thumb.jpg.764362a2c0f15c33e227812c10c006ef.jpg

During a classic car trackday at my place today. 

Beautiful, just beautiful. I bought one of these in the late 60’s, my first Lotus purchase (well apart from slot racers😁) and just adored it. That looks to be the same model as mine, ‘63 with Ali boot, bonnet and doors. Mine had been converted back to leaf spring rear suspension but the chap I bought it from included the original ‘A’ frame suspension in case I wanted to revert to original. I didn’t!

God how I loved that car and had many, many memorable times in it. 😁

• Like 1

I was just browsing TLF and stumbled across this advertisement.

xEzXiSa.png

That Evora looks familiar I thought. Sure enough it’s the 2009 LE I bought in 2013 and re-registered E9ORA, which is now owned by another TLFer. First owner Al (also on here) originally registered it OO07ALN I think and retained that number for his second Aquamarine NA. It was then put on SN59FYK and owned by a gentleman in the Fenland area, before I bought it from an independent car warehouse operation and re-registered it E9ORA. I probably still have the old number plates in my garage. I wonder where/when that track photo was taken?

This was taken the day I bought it.

9EtcE3V.jpg

No more complaints about Lotus servicing costs please. This is my Ferrari Mondial T cabriolet having its 3 yearly cam belt service. When they say “engine out”, they mean “everything out”! Still looking pretty good for a nigh on 30 year old unrestored car.
B3qAgwZ.jpg

a21puoE.jpg

• Like 2

On 16/10/2020 at 00:40, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

No more complaints about Lotus servicing costs please. This is my Ferrari Mondial T cabriolet having its 3 yearly cam belt service. When they say “engine out”, they mean “everything out”! Still looking pretty good for a nigh on 30 year old unrestored car.
B3qAgwZ.jpg

a21puoE.jpg

3 year belt service no other manufacturer on the planet stipulates this non sense. That requirement was the icing on the the cake as for as the sale of my 456, I needed to be fore the rest of it broke ever noticed how cheap they are..

• Gold FFM

Well, Alfa did, with the Tspark engine...

They actually said 6 years I think at first, until engines started grenading after 3 then changed it. 3 years on a belt is not unreasonable (though taking the engine out might be!)