Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 125 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

On 22/10/2022 at 17:24, Mysterae said:

This popped up on my youtube feed. Probably posted before but damn it's interesting!

Many have since tried to put this concept on the road, but none so far have actually done it. I remember Audi tried to combine it with forward looking radar on an A8 to get the smoothest ride. In reality, the idea seems to fail on the computing power required to make it work on the road. Replasing the springs with hydraulic dampers is not without complexity. If the systems fails the dampers will lock up any you'll have a bumpy ride into the next wall.

What has however come from this is the active suspension where the dampers are computer controlled. The new GT3RS seems to have taken this to a new level.

Unfortunately, Lotus still hasn't stepped in, otherwise you wouldn't have to choose your Emira with "track" or "road" suspension.

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

McLaren kinetic system is a joy, similar principle to Citroen hydropneumatic system. It reduces roll significantly and is adjustable for normal, sport, track settings.

I'm surprised the McLaren system is not more revered. Comfort levels in normal setting is extraordinary. 

Citroen used a system like it in 2006 for rallying and the FIA banned it as giving an unfair advantage. Lexus use similar too.

Justin

On 29/10/2022 at 10:55, pete said:

Screenshot_20221029-095314.thumb.png.486ccebd15c84d14cd625ad30e81592f.png

I hope the car and both occupants survived without too much damage!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Came up on FB.

Austin Allegro 1100 Deluxe with JPS livery - as supplied via Kennings for use by cigarette sales force. Photo from Alan Warwick

image.thumb.jpeg.8572db3377874bde859199774356b9ed.jpeg

• Like 2

Found in a Daihatsu Rocky (FourTrack in UK) a mate bought last week.

IMG_20221109_211405.thumb.jpg.6dfc34b1cb9c47b5fc6d1e688ad53263.jpg

Maybe I should liberate it and relocate to one of the Lotus. 🙂 

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2022 at 19:52, Mark Blanchard said:

The Porsche that morphed into the Esprit a year later.  Photo from LA Auto Show 1971.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a05be8d9524c96a2f0f1f691a4a1247.jpeg

Photo by John Sage.

I had to look that up, it's the Shapiro right? I first thought it was a Maserati, something in between the Boomerang concept and Bora production car. One of the best looking Porsches for sure!

He should have kept the gullwing doors. 🙂 Even if those are heavier, it would have really made the Esprit stand out. Then again, that probably would have let to speculation and high prices, so maybe I wouldn't have an Esprit now.

• Like 1