Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 78 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

• Gold FFM

Yup, 1995 Eunos Cosmo tri-rotor.

IMAG2982-20190507-195148661.jpg

IMAG2983-20190507-195134300.jpg

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Another heavy night on the gin.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

These pics date back a week, from when my wife and I went with some friends from the hot rod/muscle car scene for a couple of days driving around the NE corner of the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. When there we all joined two local hot rod clubs for their 6th annual Bertha Benz Memorial Drive. Bertha was the wife of Karl Benz, and an accomplished and formidable woman in her own right, and I guess that marking her birthday gives a good reason for a rod run. We took the Europa - it was a well received outlier among 40 or so examples of American muscle. it can be seen reflected in the side of a very large, and very shiny, 1937 Packard.

20190504_122908.jpg

20190504_120408.jpg

20190504_120927.jpg

20190504_143544.jpg

20190504_170001.jpg

• Like 2

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Great picture Mike with the reflection of the Europa in the black cars side :thumbup:   Is that your 73 lotus ?   

Love the American hot rod scene,  used to love watching  American hot rod garage, even with the crazy goings on with the crew arguments and folks leaving or been sacked every five minutes lol.  

Cheers for posting the pics :)

A

9 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Great picture Mike with the reflection of the Europa in the black cars side :thumbup:   Is that your 73 lotus ?   

Love the American hot rod scene,  used to love watching  American hot rod garage, even with the crazy goings on with the crew arguments and folks leaving or been sacked every five minutes lol.  

Cheers for posting the pics :)

Yes, that's my car in the side of the Packard. Here is another shot of the two cars side by side to get an idea of the relative size.

Our involvement with the local hot rod scene is through a local shop that does high end restorations and builds - they have sent a car to Pebble Beach and fixed up my wife's car (not to that standard) a couple of years ago. Better yet, they organise three day tours for friends and customers twice a year with usually no more than 15 to 20 cars. These pics are from this year's spring tour. Great bunch of people,  if a bit hard on the liver in the evenings. I am adding an extra shot of part of our contingent parked in the street outside our hotel in Port Townsend.

20190504_120615.jpg

20190504_095904.jpg

• Like 2

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Car looks fantastic Mike,     I remember reading on a post on bring a trailor.com,  an old Europa restoration project was for sale,  and folks commented  who had owned them in the past,  a lot of the comments had " very scary on the US highways due to the low roof line,  Plenty of large 4x4s and suvs stateside,  so rare to see such a cool little English sportscar cutting in and out of traffic lol. 

The meetings sound like great evenings out and  really nice to see that sort of thing done and organized for customers :thumbup:  

A

@silverfrost, thanks for the complimentary comments on the car although it is simply a driver that scrubs up well, not a show car. You will notice that all photos are taken from at least ten feet away 😉

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM

It's art, luvvie.

• Haha 1

Looks really nice,  when i saw the post title i was expecting something hidious !   To me it looks or strongy resembles an AC Cobra front nose section has been grafted in ? 

A

@silverfrost - Yep - Quad Webers 45 and 48's were put in the works TR7 / 8 Rally cars. Should sound awesome too, downside is 4 to 5 mpg when full throttle. There is a lot more to do on the engine yet but am getting there.

11951588_10200927301342706_4563457121679009135_o.jpg

• Like 2

I remember going to the local dealership evening launch of the Mini Metro back in about 1980 when I was a kid. They had a Tony Pond livery works TR7 V8 in the showroom. There was plenty of what used to be called merchandise for sale. My parents bought my brother what could only be described as a bell-bottom jump suit in that red, white and blue design. I only got a BL rally team helmet sticker.

16 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I remember going to the local dealership evening launch of the Mini Metro back in about 1980 when I was a kid. They had a Tony Pond livery works TR7 V8 in the showroom. There was plenty of what used to be called merchandise for sale. My parents bought my brother what could only be described as a bell-bottom jump suit in that red, white and blue design. I only got a BL rally team helmet sticker.

Sounds to me like you came out on top.

• Haha 2

Margate Exotics.