Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 130 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

It will keep people from parking to close. Surely taken off when driving?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, Escape said:

Surely taken off when driving?

Only used for diving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Going from 99497 miles to 89 miles the following year just means it's been 'round the clock' - no?

Good point! When did the clocks go to 6 figures? With the Stevens Esprits?

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Going from 99497 miles to 89 miles the following year just means it's been 'round the clock' - no?

When mine went round the clock, the tester had to enter exactly what is says on the odometer.   He wasn't allowed to assume that the first digit was '1' (on a 5 digit display).  Hence mine now records as something like 15k on the MOT database.   In a few years it will start to look credible as the original mileage!

• Gold FFM

Yes, MoT only records what the clock displays.  It can even be legitimately recorded as unknown.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

@mayevoraIan, I did see you but you were deep in conversation and then you'd gone next time I looked round.

A very good turn out at the Club Lotus Castle Combe circuit day. Great weather for late April and some very good looking Esprits amongst many many others  

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Giniw said:

Has this been made by someone here? It's pretty awesome. And there are other videos of FEM simulations on the chassis too.

Nothing beats a good CAD model! His Solidworks skills are on point.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I've seen loads of simulation models and how they are presented. This is one of the better ones. The correlation between the maximum stress points around the gear lever mounting and the cracks that have developed is extremely compelling. Goes to show that torsion is the main stressor.

image.png.9ae30c4439525d5621a5ffe733e57258.png

• Like 1