Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 54 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

10 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Good looking car that No.54B-) Owner clearly insane putting it on a track with the other rubbish....:P

When was this Dave - early 80's?

Yep bang on Stephen it was 83 I believe, he just managed to avoid the Esprit before winning. He said when it worked it won but often had problems so moved onto other vehicles eventually. He still races today at Goodwood in MGCGT's.

Dave ?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

On 30/09/2016 at 08:37, silverfrost said:

Some intresting designs on the turbo, The first looks awesome imo, The second picture  is probably not so great looking but looks like it would perform well :)

That first racer does look great, I never knew there was a GT-version of the G-Esprit.

As for the second, apart from the odd open top look, what's with the BMW logo? Could it actually be powered by a German heart? Would be very interesting, also considering the other thread about different engines where something fromt he M-division was mentioned. Maybe everything has already been done before. :)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

11 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

8843b396a73173f5ca573f1216c7f651.jpg

Wow you are so right, can't believe I never noticed this connection before. It's Gandini's answer to Giugiaros Esprit (the Bravo appeared 2 years later).

Funny how the Bravo ended up more reminiscent of the productionised S1 than the original silver prototype did!

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM
On 24/09/2016 at 21:22, march said:

B-)

14445946_10208425223042789_9138594614191599394_n.jpg

Like that pic ??

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2016 at 00:11, swindon_alan said:

Had to post this one again in the picture thread this time.

Lovely car but generally not a good idea to photograph in to sun light unless you're a proper photogragher (and generally a geek).  Here's your car lightened up and croped in Photoshop:

23g234t523_zpspksh3jug.jpg

• Like 1

I've heard that the f-stop on the 4 pot is a real bitch to determine. Something to do with an image distortion issue possibly related to excessive lag time.

:comp:

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Great combo, and a perfect colour on that S2!