Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I am 52 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I am 52

ramjet

• Gold FFM

......... and I have had a stroke. I sent another mod a text last night to let everyone know on here, but nothing has happened so I can only presume he didn't get it. I can't walk unaided an face doesn't sweatd the right side of my face doesn't sweat.

This is really hard on phone.

Sere you when I get back. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Oh my god. I hope you are being looked after well, can't imagine what you are going through.

Thinking of you mate.....!!

Take it easy and do everything the doctors and nurses say, I hope you make a full recovery.

It must be so scary, I know the threat of it is scary enough, I got told by the doctors that I am high risk a couple of months ago and my dad had a TIA a few years back.

Genuinely gutted for you.

Chunky Lover

Not good news Michael. In fact it's downright uncalled for at your age. You're going to have to put life on hold for a wee little bit. Rest and recover and let the good nurses look after you.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Michael,

Really sorry to hear this, I know what it's like to have bits that don't work as they should so I will be thinking of you & wishing you a speedy recovery.

Good luck mate

Cheers,

John W

• Gold FFM

Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted. :construction:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

OMG, so scary.

So sorry for you.

Everything crossed you have a rapid recovery. Remember, recovery isn't always fast but it can still be complete.

Best wishes

Simon

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear that Michael. Do look after yourself and follow all the proper advice. Hope you make a full recovery and get to enjoy heaps more years fanging that Esprit of yours about the Bellarine Peninsula and the Great Ocean Road.

DanR

Hell's teeth....! I trust all will go well with the recovery. A friend of mine in the UK has also had a stroke, some six months ago...he's almost back to normal now, so you can take heart from that. I'm sure it's only the medication that has stopped me from going down the same route; my chum was a lithe and fit chap, didn't drink, didn't smoke, weighed about the same as one of my legs and spent his leisure hours tramping about the countryside with model aeroplanes. The least likely candidate for a stroke, one would have said. I shall keep taking the statins.......

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Can see a bit better now. Most else the same. Long road ahead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All the best on a speedy recovery.

I don't know how I missed this post way back when it started but from a bit (okay a 5 year bit) older bloke on here like many of us wondering what is round the corner wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping all comes good quickly.

I had my rig manager out here (Drillship off Angola) last hitch and he's my age (57), weight (i.e. overweight), same fitness level (i.e. unfit) and from same part of Scotland (i.e. West Central belt and UK Heart attack capital) and he had a heart attack and we had to Medecac him out of here by chopper on drips and O2 and he ended up air ambulance to Jo-burg because you do not want to be treated here before back to Scotland.  Not that, that is connected to a stroke particularly I appreciate but meaning it brings home how unexpected these things are and how close they can be and we don't know.  Thinking of you.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023