Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gin - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gin

Chillidoggy

I never tried Hendricks yet.

I usually go Bombay Sapphire although recently I gave Sainsburrys finest a go...not a fan of that I have to say.

Buddsy

I admit to being biased, but if you can have a taster, it could be worth it. Or your undoing, depending on which way you view it! My missus says it's her favourite, so who am I to argue?

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Hendricks, yes, but I'm not a huge fan of cucumber.  Tanqueray quite nice, especially the 10-year old!  Always my in-flight tipple.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Hendricks, yes, but I'm not a huge fan of cucumber.  Tanqueray quite nice, especially the 10-year old!  Always my in-flight tipple.

No idea why but I always drink G&T on a flight. Just feels right! 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The Botanist Gin

or

Professor Cornelius Ampleforth's Bathtub Gin

Im a bit biased towards the Botanist as its an Islay Gin and I love the Islay malts....twas whilst on the Island I came across it

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I (just about) recall my first encounter with Bombay Sapphire. It was in the Kudos bar in Kew, run by Paul Martin...who holds records for cocktail making and writes books about it. It was the first bottle of it either of us had encountered...so it had to be sampled. The bottle didn't last too long...that was the only complaint...and the contents made very satisfactory Gibsons. (The Gibson is a Martini with an onion rather than an olive).

I do remember waking up laying on the floor of my kitchen and not knowing where I was...don't get to lay on the kitchen floor often enough to get used to it!

It's been my Gin of Choice ever since.....

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

None, gives me headaches (May be the amount I drink though) and I always feel "down" and depressed after.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Does Pimms count ?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

which number?.......

Id say generally not due to the excessive use of fruit.........

fruit based drink 'n' all that........ :cheers:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Tried a good few, but always go back to Hendricks.

No idea why but I always drink G&T on a flight. Just feels right! 

Yes! This has become a tradition of mine on work trips especially.

which number?.......

:

As this is a Gin based tread then No 1

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Ah, a subject close to my heart - even if not when offshore . :cheers:

I have about 10 different Gin's at home and like them all more or less.  It has been my tipple for years but what I have noticed especially when home pouring measures is the ones I like the best are all up about 47% ABV.  If you look for example at an old Bombay (never old bottle in our house) it has now dropped from 43% of a few years ago to something like 37% or something (I'm offshore) I for example can't stand the watered down Gordon's 37.5% stuff sold at home in the green bottle these days but the Export strength yellow labeled one you get in Duty Free and generally abroad is 47% and I like it.  The Tanqueray No.10 is up there at 47% as well.  

We had a blind gin tasting night a couple of years ago.  Blind as in we didn't know what we were drinking - although we maybe also ended up blind drunk - can't remember as the gin addled brain struggles.  T10 came out well as did Morrison's own "The Best" which I think is produced by Greenall's which is very nice as well.  A Plymouth one was up there although Beefeater was last as tasted of soap.

Up our way a popular/tendy gin at the moment usually being pushed in restaurants etc. is Caorunn. {ka-roon}  It is a small batch gin from one of the distilleries.  It is served with a slice of red apple.

The Edinburgh Gin Company do a good tour http://www.edinburghgindistillery.co.uk and they also have a visit where you mix your own botanicals and produce your own gin which is re-orderable if you want to as the mix kept on file - and it can be strong.

This summer my wife has been mixing Prosceco with Elderflower Gin (20%) and Bitter Lemon as a less alcoholic cocktail. (All things relative to what we normally would drink  :huh: )

• Like 2

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

I've tried gin and am not much on it at all. Whisky is my fav poison I suppose, though I can't touch anything at the moment.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Another really nice one I was trying recently was this wee beauty from Edinburgh.  The official Gin of the Edinburgh Tattoo and I could only remember the Bear Skin on the cap which was maybe more to do with the fact that it is 57% ABV - but you wouldn't know it - certainly not for the first few!  

post-7988-0-28269000-1441482762.jpg

I found it in a small bar on Isle of Arran in village of Lamlash called the Drift Inn and was a bit of a gin lovers delight as they had 65 or something different ones. If ever over there I can recommend the place and they do nice food as well when you can't walk to leave after an afternoons drinking! 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 1 year later...

Run out of tanqueray so opened the sipsmith very clean with fevertree tonic.May have to buy another.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong