Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Donald. - Page 44 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Donald.

Advantage

• Gold FFM

My thoughts as well. Not really important how it started, but it was a jury that his legal team agreed to as well as the prosecution.

Not really an arguable point in my opinion. I am an Australian though, so my opinion on American politics is fairly debatable.

The MAGArines would probably disagree though. Oh, and a bunch of Republican politicians.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Reportedly Donald turned in two of his three pistols to the NYPD, who of course also want his very rare NY concealed carry permit back, but the third went to Florida. Both NY and FL prohibit felons possession of firearms, will it now show up in a Mar A Largo bathroom?

• Shock 1

• Gold FFM

So if he sent his third gun to Florida, was that an effort to retain a gun?

Isn't that another breaking of the law right there?

Or was it already there?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The report said it had been transferred, so I would guess it went down there when he abandoned NYC.

Maybe he'll tell us when it becomes another of his many victimizations to share with his followers.

• Love 1

On 06/06/2024 at 09:51, LotuStuart said:

Are you being serious?

Trump appeared to have broken the law. He was tried and convicted after a Grand Jury decided there was a case to answer. If he had NOT been tried that would have been more troubling.

As for the retention of documents, Biden and Trump acted about as differently as is possible to imagine-and this has no impact whatsoever on whether Trump falsified business records-unless you see it as proof of a pattern of behaviour.

You're missing the point.  The Government didn't go after Biden as they want him for President, even though he broke the law.  It's not balanced.

But neither are ideal for office.

• Like 1

You mean about the retention of documents? No, I am not. The actions of each party in response to the documents being located were clearly different.

Well we'll agree to disagree. 

Biden "willfully retained and disclosed classified materials" and he wasn't investigated because he was an "elderly man with a poor memory."

So he's too old and senile to be investigated, but not to old to run for President.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68245617#:~:text=US President Joe Biden was,he will not face charges.

• Like 2

Trump challenges Joe Biden to take cognitive test - only to get name of his own doctor wrong

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

I watched that segment with more and more disbelief as it progressed.  The parallels, as you described, turned my stomach. 

More terrifying is that many will ignore it (and the ramifications) as either, "Trump is their guy", or a tribal dislike for Biden or any other democrat. 

• Like 1

Donald B. Ayer, the deputy attorney general under George H. W. Bush, said,

Project 2025 seems to be full of a whole array of ideas that are designed to let Donald Trump function as a dictator, by completely eviscerating many of the restraints built into our system. He really wants to destroy any notion of a rule of law in this country ... The reports about Donald Trump's Project 2025 suggest that he is now preparing to do a bunch of things totally contrary to the basic values we have always lived by. If Trump were to be elected and implement some of the ideas he is apparently considering, no one in this country would be safe.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

https://www.project2025.org/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

DanR

I wish We were only broken at his level, but it's nationwide. His local followers, having declared public schools evil centers of indoctrination, and having failed in their efforts to create a Christian conservative public school district, have now defunded our local school district, forcing closures and a desperate plea for private donations to scrape by this fiscal year, not to mention student and staff departures. Our state super-majority party just voted for a party platform to cease public funding for any education past 12th grade.

Hard to see a future in a fact-resistant tribe that thinks democracy, elections, schools, medical care, science, clean energy and the justice department are bad things, but I'm afraid we're going to find out.

• Sad 2

• Gold FFM

Based on what I just read about Project 2025, I expect that the Secret Service guys will be happy when someone assasinates Trump.

That would be what I expect will happen. Surely Project 2025 falls foul of the Constitution?

There is the Constitutional aspect however Project 2025 amounts to a coup d'etat scenario. The Nazis negated all fundamentals of the German democracy by way of swift application of force with no regard for their Constitution. Whether guardians of American law and order are able to act in effective response remains a key question. 

• Like 1

Dear America - There must be more people avaiable to run the show, these 2 can't be the best options out of a third of a billion people? 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Was painful to see Biden struggle, everyone must know he is toooo old to govern. But as for his opposition...........as Bibs says there MUST be alternatives.

I dunno, at least they don't have a Green Party!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer