Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Donald. - Page 45 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Donald.

Advantage

The debate was really hard to watch last night. Biden basically proved that he has aged too much to survive another four years. Now the question will be will he listen to people that he needs to step down. The question is who will run in his place. Nobody wants his VP.

As far as Trump, he just proved that he is fantastic at BS. If you listen to his statements, he says everything that his base wants to hear but provides no proof behind his statements. He is great at making conjectures and people believe them.

We have 18 weeks before the election. If things continue as they are now, I fear that Trump will win.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

Agree with @EldonZ on points made above, though I certainly didn't submit myself to watching the tripe televised last night. My hope rests on the perhaps slim chance that enough citizens can muster sufficient common sense to understand the gravity of this. As to the Democrats, what the hell are they thinking? Why are they fielding such a weak ticket?

• Gold FFM

So based on the immunity result from the Supreme Court, Biden could now have Trump assassinated and everything should be fine?
I wonder if the MAGArines have thought of that?

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Well, apparently assassination is pushing the envelope of whether it is something that can be called an official task of office.

Depends on whose opinion you read.

If the voting public of the USA cannot see that Trump is doing everything he can to surround himself with 'yes' men, November may be the start of a rather large upheaval.

Does the USA have the ability to have a vote of 'no confidence' against a sitting president?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

I was just reading bits & pieces of stuff on the internet and Trump is calling for his hush money trial to be quashed.

If Judge Merchan is onto it and I have no doubt he is, was Trump the President when he paid the hush money to Ms. Daniels? No. Verdict stands.

Rape case against the author. Was he the president at the time? No. Verdict stands.

January 6th. At the time that he caused all the mayhem, the votes had been counted which said that Biden had won. Even if Trump had not agreed at that point, isn't he no longer the president due to popular vote? Therefore can still be tried for insurrection?

Gee. I should have been a lawyer. I would have been a nice one though. 😇

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramjet said:

Well, apparently assassination is pushing the envelope of whether it is something that can be called an official task of office.

Depends on whose opinion you read.

If the voting public of the USA cannot see that Trump is doing everything he can to surround himself with 'yes' men, November may be the start of a rather large upheaval.

Does the USA have the ability to have a vote of 'no confidence' against a sitting president?

Yes, it is called the 25th amendment. They thought about using it on Trump at the end of his last term.

Later,
Eldon

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

I was just reading bits & pieces of stuff on the internet and Trump is calling for his hush money trial to be quashed.

If Judge Merchan is onto it and I have no doubt he is, was Trump the President when he paid the hush money to Ms. Daniels? No. Verdict stands.

Rape case against the author. Was he the president at the time? No. Verdict stands.

January 6th. At the time that he caused all the mayhem, the votes had been counted which said that Biden had won. Even if Trump had not agreed at that point, isn't he no longer the president due to popular vote? Therefore can still be tried for insurrection?

Gee. I should have been a lawyer. I would have been a nice one though. 😇

You are right on everything except the last. The current president stays in power until the new president moves into the White House. The bigger issue with the ruling is that evidence from "Official" acts cannot be used in convicting for "Unofficial" acts. This is a more serious problem.

Later,
Eldon

• Gold FFM

Well our news has just said that apparently that judge Merchan is now delaying sentencing until sometime in September if ever, while he considers the Supreme Court verdict on immunity.

Why?

4 hours ago, ramjet said:

Well our news has just said that apparently that judge Merchan is now delaying sentencing until sometime in September if ever, while he considers the Supreme Court verdict on immunity.

Why?

It is the second part of the SCOTUS ruling that "Official" acts cannot be used to for trial of "Unofficial" acts. So, the judge is being extra careful and is letting the lawyers argue if there is evidence/testimony that was presented that should not have. He'll then make the decision if that evidence had an impact on the trial. If he doesn't do this then an appeal will be easy to achieve.

Later,
Eldon

• Like 1

. . . and if it is ruled that what was done in no way pertains to official duties then the conviction on hush money will have been solidified. Take that, SCOTUS. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Attempted assassination of Trump at Pennsylvania rally.

Twitter has two opinions obviously. 
1) attempted assassination

2) staged photo op

Definitely an assassination attempt. Trump has hit in the upper right ear. One attendee dead and two others wounded. The shooter was shot dead.

Later,
Eldon

• Gold FFM

Either way, slam dunk for his 2nd term.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

One report said it was a 'confirmed assignation attempt by the FBI' - it just  sounded strange as if they were the FBI that were trying to get rid of Trump.

The actual shot/wound reminded me of Crocodile Dundee II, when the star shoots his mate.

Probably shouldn't joke but was wondering if the press would go for the headline:-   Donald DUCK!!!

• Haha 2

10 seconds after he was shot he was chanting 'Fight, fight, fight' the the crowd who were literally straight into a chorus of 'USA, USA, USA'. Peculiar folks. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

A somewhat fortuitous photo.  He might as well go and play golf until his inauguration.

Donald Trump with blood on his face, surrounded by staff in front of an American flag

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Apparently the shooter was only 150m away and it should have been an easy head shot for a trained sniper.

His lack of exprience mean't he didn't allow for the cross wind coming from Trump's mouth.

Americans and America have, on the whole, sadly lost their compass bearing.

America is no longer the land of the free, and her President is no longer the leader of the free world. In fact, you could argue strongly the opposite.

We are seeing the decline of the greatest superpower the world has ever seen to this point in history.

This therefore, as a result, probably means we are entering one of the most dangerous periods of world history in the past 100 years.

• Sad 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

10 minutes ago, pete said:

Screenshot_20240715-163856.png.69cc07935ac7629fecef98790dff071b.png

We call this the "full whackjob treatment". Sells to the hard of thinking.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

So the news tonight here has said that Elon Musk is donating $65,000,000 every day to the Trump campaign.

From now until Election Day.

Mind you, having seen some stuff that Musk puts on social media, he will fit right in.

I know Trump has said he is going to change etc. He's a narcissist. Narcissists can't change. The only person that is correct is them. Period.

And to show I am not a narcissist, I am open to being corrected.

• Like 1