Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora clutch change poll... - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora clutch change poll...

Has your Evora had a new clutch (based on wear or age related failure)  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

No, 42k, 2010 car

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Yes, but not because of failure. I had it changed as part of my purchase deal on the grounds that I wasn't convinced that it wasn't a bit tired and it meant that the car had a thorough 'going over' before I took delivery. It was, quite simply, part of the deal that we agreed. Peace of mind all round and costs shared.

Mike S

No. 2010 car and 18.5k miles

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Apart from the Lotus specific mounting plate that no one else uses, between the engine and gearbox.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

No. 15000 miles 2009 Launch Edition.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

No, 2009 LE N/A 10K (I think for all mileages from memory as offshore at the mo)

No, 2010 N/A 15K 

No 2010 N/A 18K

No, 2011 S currently at 19K

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

No. Mines one of the first to come off the line, chassis number 0748 and they start at 0721 and mine's done 32500.

In fact it's been a very reliable Lotus indeed, I was expecting some gremlins being such an earlier car but so far only minor ones which have either cost nothing to fix or very little. Up to now it's looking like it's even more reliable than my Audi A5!

• Like 1

@Superdavelotus it's a shame you almost (to my eyes) sound surprised that your Evora is more reliable than your A5. Audi is consistently near the bottom of reliability surveys yet everyone still believes they are as good as the Audi 80, 90 and 100s of the 1980s and early 1990s. 

I think this survey (nice idea bibs) is showing that the Evora from a clutch perspective is fairly solid. 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I was wondering just the other day why it was that most Esprits for sale where at 60k miles or thereabouts. Seems like a lot of early NA's out there at just under 20k! ;)

The general consensus seems to be that whilst a new clutch might not be cheap, it's not a  common occurence.

In fact it's cheaper to get the clutch done than to get two new headlamps fitted!!!

Does it need one?.....don't understand why it's in the future?

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

4 hours ago, theelanman said:

Does it need one?.....don't understand why it's in the future?

I believe so.  Clutch is heavy and bite point is very high (circa 80% of pedal travel).  Car has been looked at and I've been told there's nothing else that can be done to improve those symptoms.

It's still in the future as I am currently getting quotes, and deciding whether to swap to the clutch & flywheel from the Evora S as part of the work.