Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's Sunday - time for confession Father - Page 22 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

It's Sunday - time for confession Father

• Gold FFM
On 10/07/2018 at 22:11, eeyoreish said:

Leave him alone. He's barely making hens meet.

Like looking for the proverbial hens teeth. And Barry not having anther Esprit to drool and slave over. !!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I’m done with esprits @johnpwalsh - I’d highly doubt I will do another one.

I won’t be without one that’s a sure fact - but unless something really, and I mean really, tempting comes along then that’s me over and out on that front.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I’m done with esprits @johnpwalsh - I’d highly doubt I will do another one.

I won’t be without one that’s a sure fact - but unless something really, and I mean really, tempting comes along then that’s me over and out on that front.

Mmmm, i am sure I have heard that one before somewhere. Yep, hence I have more than one Elite, one Excel. Need ah say more. Now if the right G came up !!!!!!!!

• Gold FFM

Nope - unless Danny wants one done then frankly i am done. I’m happy with the lemon and that’s the box ticked for me

Only here once

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

A couple of new high power led lights lashed up in the garage and a quick tidy up this morning.

start up and run both cars for a while. Took the S4 out and she’s got a flashing abs light again. That’s it I’m done with that bloody system. Seems to drive ok - but she’s now back in the garage and I’m indoors having ordered a new servo setup.

Only here once

• 6 months later...
  • Gold FFM

ABS light off and sorted

Mot passed today no advisories - only did 1080 miles in her this last year

• Like 2

Only here once

What was the issue on the ABS light Barry? I'm hoping to put together an ABS fault check list for new owners to work through rather than having to trawl the web for inspiration.

• Gold FFM

Blown brake light fuse. Nice simple easy fix that.

fair play that car is lovely and smooth to drive far less hooligan than the S4s

• Like 1

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Nothing gets past you @stephenwhyte does it🤭

shes now sat in the grounds of Blenheim Palace where she may or may not sell. I really enjoyed the drive down and it’s probably one of only a few cars that has actually been driven there. 

Sadly - didn’t see the Essex - that doesn’t arrive until friday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

20 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Nothing gets past you @stephenwhyte does it🤭

shes now sat in the grounds of Blenheim Palace where she may or may not sell. I really enjoyed the drive down and it’s probably one of only a few cars that has actually been driven there. 

Sadly - didn’t see the Essex - that doesn’t arrive until friday

You know me - like to keep my Lotus finger on the pulse😉 

Very best of luck Barry. She will sell - I’m sure of it🤞

Ref the Essex - I’m sure you’re gutted it wasn’t there. Will be interesting to see how that goes......

Have you picked out an Evora in the ads yet?😉

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
18 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Have you picked out an Evora in the ads yet?😉

Not that I’ve shown the wife 🤗

• Haha 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Not long back from Blenheim

EA334F2C-13B7-4637-B0EF-E3F4DD75CF37.thumb.jpeg.533dd3e2a5efea2d815e267dc638b2d3.jpeg

very little sold - the Essex didn’t either before anyone asks 

• Sad 1

Only here once

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I’ve stuck a picture of an elan on the fridge 🤪🤭

I restored, tuned and greatly enjoyed an Elan S1 over the course of some 14 years. Utterly unforgettable sportscar!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM
On 21/07/2019 at 21:40, Barrykearley said:

Today is a sad day. 

I’ve had my ups and downs with this beautiful vehicle - probably in equal measure. I bought this with every intention of keeping forever until I was offered the S4s. Otherwise there’s simply no way I would have lavished the time and energy I have on her. My stewardship of this car is now over - and the baton handed over to another enthusiast whom I’m sure will take her to the next level and love and cherish her. 

Im sure he will pop up on here shortly, isn’t a million miles away from me, so I’m sure I’ll see her again👍

Love reading this thread, to own an Esprit whose maintenance was so well documented is great. In the 3 months and ~300 miles since I bought PRA of @Barrykearley I've needed to do precious little.

Bought a new gear stick gator from @Steve V8 as the original one looked uncannily like the sorting hat. 

2136757422_sortinghatgaitor.PNG.867c0f9b7c3afb4510ee938128ef692a.PNG20190816_084324.thumb.jpg.1d54050cbd1ec6691da4ac9c40f26045.jpg

And fitted the heat shield in the rear arch.

20190818_132942s.thumb.jpg.e646c36a6f2256afb16f3cc423e364ef.jpg

Both tasks being at about the limit of my (current) mechanical competence.

Also got an ALDL USB cable from @internets to at least be prepared to diagnose any problems should they arise, which to date they haven't. Car's been great, quite speedy :)

• Like 2