Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 162 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

You may have missed the meaning from what was disclosed as Hethel being a "manufacturing Only" location. They stop the manufacture of ICE cars in 2027. All the EV's are made in China. So what does that say? As they won't be manufacturing anything and its a Manufacturing only location?

As for the "selling the site for Housing" that will never happen. I have lived in South Norfolk nearly all my life and that area is protected from New building (especially on that scale) for many reasons. If they try and sell it, believe me, it won't make them very much at all.

I guess you were confirming what I was reluctant to say, which is what future does Hethel really have "when", not if, the manufacturing stops.

As for the redevelopment, it's a brownfield site isn't it so I am sure a way will be found that justifies its use over potential green belt etc. I'm not a local though, so no idea of the politics around it but there does seem to be a lot of development happening all over Norfolk.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

4 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Having spoken this morning to a very good Chinese friend (senior management) who works for Lotus Technology. I really don’t feel Lotus UK/Hethel have much to worry about I quote “Hethel has been and will always be regarded as the heart of Lotus its culture spirit origin and everything the brand stands for and our founder Colin Chapman gave to us”

I also got the impression that the Lotus hierarchy are pretty happy with the UK factory 

That's nice to know, however, when you look at what they do for Chinese customers versus UK ones....

But then we probably get better treatment in the UK than others in other countries.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

On 25/04/2024 at 15:29, C8RKH said:

We now have a situation where Lotus is basically a Chinese owned and run company. There is little real difference, at the very top, to how Lotus and MG are now run by the Chinese and increasingly dominated by the needs, desires and direction of that home market. 

I had a mail shot from MG a couple of days ago about the new Cyberster, terrible name, daft rear indicators, otherwise I quite like it. I don't understand why Lotus didn't kick off their EV range with some link to their past, hark back to the Elan heritage perhaps? No idea where they're headed though, 6790 sales to 150,000 in 5 years seems a tad optimistic. 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

On 07/05/2024 at 20:41, Bibs said:

I was there today and I think they are still running the A and the B shift.

Maybe they have not told them yet. 😁

On the Eletre FB group someone posted that Hethel was closing in 2 weeks - I assume he means the mini dealership there as it has gone off the dealership list on the Lotus website. If true then it would no longer be possible to pick your new car up from Scott at the factory?  

If I was him I'd give up the Motor Industry and move to the Rental Industry. It's the way to go!!

Turn to the dark side Scott, the dark side. Bwahahaha

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Cars of course! I'm not a total heathen! 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!