Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Future of Lotus - Page 105 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Future of Lotus

• Gold FFM

Super duper personailsed car mats?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Ev20LTS doesn’t exist yet... 

Maybe that is an invitation to hethel  for all the Lotus owners.

• Like 1

Volvo is using Santander. Santander is the Peugeot partner (as well as Mclaren partner which is probably why they have an experience in those cars) . Peugeot is merging with FCA so it will be interesting to see how they manage the financing arms. As Volvo is not in house, no reason for Lotus to be restricted there.

• Like 2

On 16/07/2020 at 09:36, NedaSay said:

What the??? 

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/news-articles/new-lotus-and-fca-bank-partnership-to-offer-attractive-range-of-sports-car-finance-packages.html

Lotus partners with FCA Bank in Europe? and not Geely Group VFS? This is not something I expected, nor do I fully understand the logic behind as Geely brand have been really keen on greater integration behind the scenes and in back offices. Although it also show the level of independence given to Lotus and FCA's offer might have been more aggressive than VFS. In a way it is a good thing as it shows that Lotus has finally the legs and is taken seriously by major players of the automotive financial industry... But the deal in only for Europe so Lotus still needs to work on it's North American arm, as well as Chinese and Japanese markets.

I may be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of resources put into the American Market currently, thought I'd like to see that change, and if FCA has a say, you'll find a GT along side on the car lot as a Dodge Challenger (This occurred with the Alfa Romeo Brand, and had a very negative effect on Brand Image), or mini van, which would be an interesting display, but it might raise awareness of what the Brand is here in the US market, because I'm quite convinced people 

1. Don't know what it is,

2. Don't know what it's really bred to do

3. Have never been exposed to it, outside of the track rat enthusiast market.  

I'm also not a Lotus owner so I want to watch my step with my next bit of commentary, (Dont tar and feather me please)

Lotus is matching up what is a superior Driver's car to the Likes of a Mclaren for about 10-15k more albeit used, there's a recognition to that brand here finally, and on the showroom floor the current availability isn't highlighting it's strengths, even from a Marketing perspective, me the average Youtuber can call Mclaren Marketing and get on the list to get a car for review or test, with little hassle here in the U.S. Market, and get invited to their events, they understand the value in just the brand recognition, you'll even find their dealers reaching out to local Social Media personalities, and inviting them to their showrooms.  Lotus currently doesn't have that kind of signature, but it does have a superior Driver's car.  I'm only highlighting 'Mac' from direct experience, and because of the origins of the brand, not because I'm a fan, I'm just trying to draw a parallel. (For me, it's a bit irrelevant, that stuff is a hobby, and fascination, it doesn't pay my mortgage)

My personal conundrum (Or I would have sold my kidney already) is when they will release their new shining star, on social media platforms Lotus USA is responding with 'soon', which is good, but for a guy like me understanding a timeline helps me understand a purchase, because I am a one toy kind of guy.  Being that I'm a man, who's accustomed to buying through some petrol head logic (which isn't really logical at all), I know that even if I wait the Evora Gt will still be there and at a markedly reduced price currently, simply because the demand is low in this market.  There's really no motivating factor pushing me to 'buy right now'.  

But lets face it, had they put me (the potential customer) on some type of dealer, manufacturer event drive, or had put me in the seat to really understand what a Lotus was, it would be in my garage now.  

I'm babbling again, my apologies, mea culpa.   I just think, really a higher level of awareness outside of the Primary European market is needed.  Frankly, better communication with prospective customers would take the brand to an entirely new level as well.  I don't want to be hounded, but a press release on why I should buy now, and not wait might be helpful, or vice versa.  As a guy who does global software pre-implementation, I a fully aware that People 'SEO' matters, and I think that perhaps it's currently a missing component.

Edited by Jason is Chasing
Edited for context
  • Like 1

There you go. Two years would be the most definitive answer I've gotten myself.   

A GT it is Sir, that's honestly what I was hoping to get.  That's substantially more information than I've gotten previously!  My local dealer had previously stated October,  so the 'soon' could have implied the same to me.  

Seriously I appreciate some clarification 

Thank you, truth is I personally want a Lotus, *shrugs* 

Edited by Jason is Chasing

1 hour ago, Jason is Chasing said:

But lets face it, had they put me (the potential customer) on some type of dealer, manufacturer event drive, or had put me in the seat to really understand what a Lotus was, it would be in my garage now.  

Is it not possible to arrange a test drive with a dealer? That's how 95% of new Lotus cars are sold over here. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I was just looking at the 20 year Exige news on the front page of TLF.

If I was going to get one, I wouldn't mind if it was available in the stripes. I quite like it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

But still no news on new models........ :whistle:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Bet its a provenance program for older lotus, going into restoration? like Aston Heritage, Ferrari Classiche etc....

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Talking of which I have just picked up one of these sweet numbers 😉 

63BCD5C9-F2CF-4C47-AAE3-D9763ADA810D.jpeg.3465d99f88613764385c0248d163fd27.jpeg

• Like 2

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

these look almost suitably lightweight, more material should have been removed around the lower jaw....

Just checked the new website, it looks the part, very modern looking and the return of motorsport being significantly featured with the Lotus Cups. Very nice to see... for some reason I can't configure the interior of my dreams Evija.